The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 15 "East" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Kane52630, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

I was surprised Carol didn’t ensure all of the Saviors she wounded were dead. The one savior in the truck, who took her rosary, was still alive and was only playing possum. Then again Carol doesn’t want to kill unless she’s put in an position to. She might’ve assumed he was dead. He later hid in the woods as Rick and Morgan investigated the aftermath. As well as proceeded to the field as Rick and Morgan were tracking Carol's trail.

Even though Carol took out 4 of ‘em. The Saviors seemed to have smarten up in this ep. They knew about the ASZ, knew Carol’s car was one of the spiked cars the ASZ used as barricades outside of the wall, and how many meters or miles away Carol was from the community. Prior to this episode they really haven’t proven to be formidable foes b/c Rick and co. have continue to take 'em out like flies to the point of self parody. It does make me question just how big Negan’s community is. Hopefully Negan is all the hype that fans and this show have hyped him up to be.

I felt some tension between Morgan and Rick in their scenes together, which were great. Both actors continue to play well off one another. Morgan’s confession to Rick about the Wolf he spared at the ASZ was overdue. As well as him telling Rick that he (meaning Rick) started this war with the Saviors. Rick does need a reality check. He’s become overconfident, cocky, and complacent lately. Especially during his pillow talk scene with Michonne. Also Rick came off a bit of a hypocrite when he told Morgan that Carol was right for killing Karen and David back at the prison. Yeah that’s why he banished her in the first place. :whatever:

Daryl going after the Saviors on his own was already foolish and suicidal. But Glenn and Michonne splitting from Daryl and Rosita (after finding Daryl) was more foolish. Glenn and Michonne should not have stopped in the middle of the woods having a conversation, when the Saviors were lurking somewhere. They knew that the Saviors were out there. Plus these were the same woods where they ambushed Daryl, Rosita and killed Denise. I knew the Saviors would captured them both. Glenn and Michonne should know better at this point.

2. Kane52630

Kane52630 TURBO MAN USER

Daryl fans must be pissed.

[​IMG]

3. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

It's unbelievable to think that the demise of Daryl might actually be possible. There is going to be anarchy with the fans. I can already imagine the reaction vids on Youtube. Hysterics and tears.

4. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Calling it now.

[blackout]Daryl's alive.

Until Negan has him dragged in front of Rick and feeds him to Lucille.

The fans who breathed a sigh of relief at Reedus being announced as a guest on Talking Dead next week will be thrown into complete disarray and, just as Hardwick has demonstrated that a surprise guest on the show doesn't always mean death, fans will know that a formally announced guest doesn't guarantee safety. Anything goes.[/blackout]

5. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Also willing to bet that Morgan will be forced to kill that fifth Savior in order to save himself/Carol.

6. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

It's hypocritical to develop a change in perspective?

7. Agent Z

Agent Z Registered

A LOT of idiot plot this episode. Alexandria is pretty well set. As long as everyone just stays inside and keeps it fortified.

So, yeah, now we need characters just leaving left and right, for irrational revenge missions and midlife/apocalypse reasons.

THEN, we need Alexandria's best to go outside the walls to track down said missing problem children.

I mean, whatever it takes plot-wise to get someone kidnapped.

Two quick, but very important sidenotes:

Carol zoning Tobin's conversation out reminded me of Charlie Brown's teacher droning on and on incoherently...

Maggie's new cut? I love it!

8. Teelie

Teelie Jokerface

I don't get why people think Daryl is dead. He's obviously not. At least not at the end of this episode. Whether he survives the finale is another question.

9. Zatanna

Zatanna Mistress of Magic

He's not dead.

10. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Registered

Yep, I think that's the way this is going too.

11. BestGirl

BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

We get to see Negan next week! :woot: From the looks of it, it'll be more than just a brief glimpse.

I hope Maggie is "just" having a miscarriage. I'm terrified the baby will die within her and start to eat her from inside, as fans have speculated would happen.

The extent to which the Alexandrians cut through the Saviors is kinda embarrassing, TBH. Also, they're complete idiots to keep wandering outside the compound for personal reasons. Just let the runaways go.

ETA: The part where Carol ran into those Saviors was surprisingly terrifying. They drove up so calmly and then everyone whipped their guns out. It was like something out of a nightmare.

#61 BestGirl, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  12. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

That would be one of the most twisted things they've ever done. Perhaps the darkest.

13. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

There are people who want the finale and Negan's intro to stay comic-accurate, but I really don't think [blackout]Glenn's story is over. In the comics, he and Maggie had resolved to move to the safety of the Hilltop Colony, they were happy and then they had the rug pulled out from under him. Here, they haven't even discussed moving to a safer place, Glenn is already in the Saviors' clutches and Maggie is back in Alexandria, potentially losing her baby. I doubt they'll even see one another by the time the end credits roll on the finale and I don't think their story ends with Glenn hopping in a truck to chase after Daryl without really a word of goodbye between them. If Maggie is losing the baby, I don't imagine she loses both her husband and unborn child in one fell swoop. And on top of all that, they already killed Glenn once, as far as the audience is concerned, regardless of whether or not it was a fake-out.

When all is said and done, I think what happens in the finale is what persuades the both of them to get out of dodge and head to the Hilltop.

Daryl being offed would unquestionably shake up the game. He's the breakout character of the series thus far. It would make a bigger splash going into the next batch of episodes than killing Glenn would, IMO. Comic Glenn was more of a beacon of positivity and hope, whereas TV Glenn only just recently got a fair bit of blood on his hands and, as far as I'm concerned, that's character development that still needs some exploring. Daryl is the fan favorite and, for some reason, there seems to be a belief that that should make him untouchable. On a show about the zombie apocalypse. Where at least 95% of the characters in this show's history have been killed at this point. The notion of anyone being untouchable on this show needs to be trashed and killing Daryl is the way to do it.[/blackout]

14. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Man, what an ending, I don't think Daryl is dead but **** is going to go down next week, I will be honest I am a bit tense already about who is going to die.

15. Spider-Who?

Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

I think Daryl is a red herring. I like the character, but no real story comes from his death. There's just no real drama after the shock and "we must avenge him!" reaction. I think he will survive.

They're not killing Michonne. Plain and simple.

Rosita is pretty much a non-character. She might die, but it would only serve as the preamble to THE death of the season finale.

Glenn dying would cause a seismic shift in the group. He'd leave behind a wife who is having pregnancy trouble, and leave Daryl a broken, guilty mess, giving both those characters a much needed arc next season. Plus, he's gotten fairly philosophical and existental lately. That's typical of characters who aren't long for this world.

16. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

So basically the same story he's had over and over for the past several seasons? :o

17. Spider-Who?

Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

Last I checked, Daryl's bloodlust has never directly resulted in the death of a major character. Come to think of it, I can't think of ANY character who has died due to the action or inaction of Daryl outside of the doctor last week. So this would be quite different.

18. Monsieur Xavier

Monsieur Xavier Recycled

Enforcement Droid 209 Carol series !

19. Iron_Stark

Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

And again I ask,

[BLACKOUT]You really think Glenn, Maggie and the baby are going to live happily ever after at the Hilltop with their obstetrician and possibly Enid? It's really going to be sunshine and roses over there?

You said there's more story to tell with Glenn? What else is there? How they survive with a baby? Rick and his family already went through that.

So what's left? For Maggie to let Glenn leave and "avenge Daryl's death"? lol, There is no way in friggen hell Maggie would let Glenn leave them to a potential death sentence. No way. and if he wanted to leave, then it would basically be the end of that marriage.

There's been major foreshadowing, Glenn is a dead man walking.[/BLACKOUT]

20. Teelie

Teelie Jokerface

Obviously no matter who is killed there is going to be a major question with how they move forward. Killing Glenn or Daryl or Michonne is going to have a bigger impact on the story than if it were Rosita or some other less important character.

Carol is looking more obvious at this point. She's left the group but they haven't accepted that yet and it looks like the writers way of saying she's done for. This would be her second exile, albeit the first that was self-imposed and we saw just how far she managed to make it before breaking her desire to stop killing. And she is a major character who would have a big impact on the show. Less now that they decided to give her a sudden crisis of faith.

21. afan

afan Registered

So who was the guy looking for his horse? I'm thinking we met the first member of the Kingdom.

22. Evelisse

Evelisse Exactly

As was said Maggie and Glenn's loss this season will most likely be the baby, they will not add another infant to the main group, Judith is enough, they won't take Glenn away this season.

Morgan at first I thought was a prime target, for being so passive, but then I think for that very reason he will live to see someone like Carol die for him to start to question if someone like Negan, if his life is also precious. (but I have a feeling he will be finding the Kingdom while everything is going down next week)

Daryl I think will live if for nothing else to get revenge on Dwight, who so far keeps getting the jump or upperhand on Daryl, that must be rectified. And it would be lame to do a weak fake out is he dead? one week just to kill him next week.

I'll say this, do a cut away and not giving us the answer next week of who dies would be very very bad, and not a way to encourage people into tuning into Fear the Walking dead

23. Rocketman

Rocketman Registered

Rosita, Carol, and Abraham are dying, I think.

24. Kane52630

Kane52630 TURBO MAN USER

Carol and Daryl

25. Iron_Stark

Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

All signs point to Glenn, he's a dead man walking. No entire families survive that world.
    If Negan kills multiple people like it's been speculated then, it's going to be Abraham and Glenn and one supporting character.

Morgan or Carol are dying, but not by Negan, and my money's on Carol.

Daryl is going to live, they're not faking his death this week, only to turn around and kill him the next and have his story with Dwight go nowhere.