The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 16 "Last Day on Earth" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Kane52630, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Pokkle

Pokkle Registered

A good episode
    Negan was awesome, his scene was really great.
    But not showing the death really break the intesity.

2. slimshady247

slimshady247 Honorary Ape

Oh. There is a God.

:up:

3. Iron_Stark

Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

:huh: huh?

4. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

When Negan demanded Rick and co. for half their stuff. And to steal more if it wasn't enough to even it out. It came to my attention it would've been an interesting way connecting Negan with the Wolves. Negan could've name drop the different communities and settlements who've done the same. Though we didn't know enough about the Wolves they didn't seem to have a refuge, ammunition, or any food or supplies, which would leave the Saviors questioning their usefulness. But when one of the the Wolves Morgan let escape told him that they didn't have a choice plundering and attacking communities. It would've been interesting if Negan forced them to attack and plunder communities for food and supplies as payment to Negan. It would've made for some interesting world building. It also had me curious as to how the Wolves never crossed paths with the Saviors. With all that build up from 5b the whole Wolves arc felt wasted and could've been fleshed out better. Oh well.

5. Monsieur Xavier

Monsieur Xavier Recycled

You just said what he said w/o quoting him, Reek went full Fitzgig :)

6. Iron_Stark

Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

Oh. Lol, I only read Leenie's post, and imminently posted.

My apologies Reek.

7. Tvar10

Tvar10 Who the hell is Bucky?

Just watched this episode. Really good. Did anyone not care for the way Rick was acting around Negan? He had that look on his face and was holding back tears the whole time. He didnt act how a leader should act. But I guess I would act the same way if I was in his situation

8. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

I loved Rick's reaction in that scene. He looked so helpless and petrified. He knew Negan had them by the balls. Great subtle acting from Andrew Lincoln. Really added to the tension of the scene when you saw even Rick was scared.

9. Leenie

Leenie Registered

While I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan so far, I think Andrew Lincoln totally stole the scene. He acted his butt off, and I was actually more focused on him throughout those last 10 minutes!

Rick has been overly confident/cocky throughout all of 6B. The events of this episode slowly stripped away Rick's confidence piece by piece. When the group finally meets Negan, Rick comes to the hard realization that there's no way out of the situation. Rick is completely helpless now, and Andrew Lincoln SOLD IT.

10. X-Ray

X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

Yes, Rick looked just as bad, if not worst, than Maggie in those final moments. They tore him a new one.

11. Golgo-13

Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I loved the cliffhanger. I've never seen Rick so petrified in the entire show. He's finally met his match.

To me, showing who actually got killed would have taken the edge off the finale. I have a feeling it's Eugene, but maybe it's one of his own men who he felt betrayed him; and to show Rick how cold he can be.

12. The Apocalypse

The Apocalypse Registered

Their group really needed to be humbled. Negan is going to be the perfect match for them.

13. Golgo-13

That's how this show rolls.

14. smallville fan

Yeah it seemed that way. It'd be anyone but Rick, Carl and Maggie my guess.
    http://comicbook.com/2016/04/05/the-walking-deads-norman-reedus-on-cliffhanger-i-know-what-happe/

15. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj IT'S RAW!

I agree with the points on Rick being so terrified. I can't recall the last time he was so scared.

16. BestGirl

BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

Rick started to look stressed as far back as when Aaron told him that Maggie was burning up. It was as though he could feel the walls closing in on him. That was the best part of the episode for me, the mounting desperation as they realized the Saviors had them boxed in.*

The next best parts came from Abraham. Everything from "What the *****?" to "***** nuts!" to his hug with Eugene. I still hope he's the one who gets killed, though.

*Are we supposed to assume the Saviors have a spy in Alexandria? Or have they been manning those roadblocks for days, waiting for Rick's crew to come out?

17. BestGirl

BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

I didn't love it but didn't hate it, either. I find the outrage over it to be kind of puzzling, actually.

18. The Apocalypse

The Apocalypse Registered

From what I gathered there are only a certain number of roads to Hilltop so they were able to get them all covered. Doubt they have someone on the inside.

19. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Rick also started slipping as soon as he saw one of Michonne's dreads tangled in that walker's hair.

20. Golgo-13

I also liked Abrahams line about 'being up ****s creek with their mouths wide open'.....lol!

21. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Agree about Lincoln's acting. He looked like he was about to have a nervous breakdown. Negan broke him mentally. And showed Rick and co. who the real alpha male was.

I felt bad for Rick and co. but at the same time they all had this coming. Becoming complacent and overconfident by offering to take out the Saviors while knowing little about them. Not realizing what they were getting themselves into. They were in over their heads. Negan had to keep Rick's and co. hubris in check.

22. Chief275

Chief275 Registered

It was also really great to see how Rick's reactions to the Saviors changed throughout the episode. At the first confrontation, he was confident, almost arrogant, said they would do things on their terms, then by the end, you could tell his mind had been screwed hard by the saviors and their tricks (hanging the dude, the fire, the walker chain). He was like the schoolyard bully who got punched in the throat and didn't know what to do anymore. Lincoln really captured that emotional rollercoaster well.

23. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj IT'S RAW!

"Oh man I gotta shave this ****"

Goddamn I had no idea how I missed that. I thought he said "savor" or "share". Guess we'll be getting clean shaved Negan next season.

24. Reek

Reek _____

25. Chief275

Chief275 Registered

One of the better lines he had. My wife and I both agreed the we liked Negan way more than any other character on the show so far. She kept asking me "I thought he was supposed to be more evil and worse than the Governor? I like him!"