The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 16 "Last Day on Earth" Discussion Thread

the thing that pisses me off... is with the advance screening and all... they then added 3 minutes ... giving hope we see who it is...

just **** this...

talking dead is a joke too, hardwick is probably pissed too.

Neegan is just one stone-cold ****er that just chilled my s**t, much like the final scene...

And then obviously now over this summer with all the set pics fans will be able to probably logically come to a conclusion and figure out who is the dead one. It's like why do this tease and cliffhanger? Someone said earlier like give us an impactful death! It's been a while since we've really gotten one of a big character. **** you Gimple

Well, ****.

I'm feeling really conflicted right now.

On the one hand, I was prepared for the cliffhanger, but it's still such a cheap copout. They needed to show the kill in this episode, but this show has a knack for pulling stuff like this. They should have shown the escape from Terminus in the season 4 finale, they should have shown Carl getting shot in the eye in the season 6 mid-season finale, and they should have shown who died in this episode.

However, Negan's entrance shook me to my core so much that I can almost overlook the ending, but not entirely. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is going to steal the show next season, he is just pitch perfect.

The cliffhanger ending was a low blow after a stellar season, but it's not enough to quit watching. If you do, then it's only your loss because you'd be missing out on what's sure to be an outstanding turn from Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Well that was ****ing ********. My God. I don't buy that from Gimple at all. You can easily kill a person here. The same exact thing can be accomplished if you begin end a season and story with the death of an important character. :funny:

Just ugh. This is so ****ing typical of this show.

The worst thing about the cliffhanger is that we're going to find out by mid May when they're a couple of weeks into filming.

btw, watching this episode I had to think about this Austin Powers scene :D :D
[YT]E_A66lAAMDM[/YT]

What was Gimple's excuse?

He said showing the death next season is the beginning of a new story for it. As if showing who died would have made us feel any differently? The fallout for it works better here because we're left with our balls kicked in.

So what were all the actors talking about being all melodramatic about how this episode made them feel sick?

Maybe they were so annoyed with that ending, it made them sick?

heh was there a real worry in that writers room about people not still tuning in next season?? People were going to watch regardless for more of that fantastic Negan. Honestly feels like they didn't know how to film the cast member getting their head smashed in on camera so figured skip it

That was the worst episode of television I've seen since try finale of Lost

Wow what a terrific finale episode! Issue 100 came to life on the screen, what a magnificent, and terrifying, moment.

They just said the "who" is going to start off next season, since it's very important to the story. That means:

Daryl. They're taking away Rick's right hand man so he's all alone in dealing with Negan. They've said many times on the show that Daryl is Rick's lieutenant. Without him, it's just Rick making the calls.

Plus, I think it's why Norman Reedus is on tonight. He didn't do anything in the episode, and next season, if he's already dead, he won't be filming, so they can't necessarily have him show up so long after his last appearance since he'll probably be busy with new work. So yeah, they're having him on now instead.

Whoever it is, I'm sure the first scene of season 7 will be the "Eeny, meeny, miney, mo" part and then it will show the death clearly with everyone's reaction. They aren't going to start it with the person already dead. They'd be really stupid if they did after this ending.

Another issue I have with it is that having a major death at the beginning of an episode only distracts from the rest of the episode. Laurie, Beth, Tyreese....there's a reason why major deaths are saved until the end of an episode. You need time to process it and unwind after it happens as opposed to happening in the first five minutes of an episode. Hershel's death was an exception because it served as the catalyst for the prison assault.

Yep amazing intro and set up of Negan, JDM killin it (literally) and the POV thing didn't even bother me. But to cop out like that and not tell us who it is and then the BS answer Gimple gave now on talking dead. I hope the fans make this known that this was such a horrible decision to keep it a "to be revealed" until next season. Seriously I really hope Gimple and others feel the rage of the fans.

What did Gimple say?

That was such a cheap gimmicky twist. Like sonething you'd get from a tacky soap opera.

I seriously cannot think of the last time I was more pissed off at a cliffhanger. I don't think it would have been as bad if the producers and cast were not literally teasing this finale since the season premiered last October. They basically dangled it in front of the viewers' face for the past year then didn't even give a payoff. It is cheap storytelling and the entire creative team should be ashamed of themselves.

BS ending aside, Jeffrey was fantastic in those last few minutes.

You can only introduce Negan once, and AMC/Gimple screwed it up. JDM was FANTASTIC as Negan and he deserved to have this moment. But no...cliffhanger. And what was with the James Bond blood effect? Suckage all over the place. :cmad::cmad::cmad:

Well, ****.

I'm feeling really conflicted right now.

On the one hand, I was prepared for the cliffhanger, but it's still such a cheap copout. They needed to show the kill in this episode, but this show has a knack for pulling stuff like this. They should have shown the escape from Terminus in the season 4 finale, they should have shown Carl getting shot in the eye in the season 6 mid-season finale, and they should have shown who died in this episode.

However, Negan's entrance shook me to my core so much that I can almost overlook the ending, but not entirely. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is going to steal the show next season, he is just pitch perfect.

The cliffhanger ending was a low blow after a stellar season, but it's not enough to quit watching. If you do, then it's only your loss because you'd be missing out on what's sure to be an outstanding turn from Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Agree with this while post but especially the bolded :up:

Another issue I have with it is that having a major death at the beginning of an episode only distracts from the rest of the episode. Laurie, Beth, Tyreese....there's a reason why major deaths are saved until the end of an episode. You need time to process it and unwind after it happens as opposed to happening in the first five minutes of an episode. Hershel's death was an exception because it served as the catalyst for the prison assault.

Agreed 100%. The biggest problem with how they did it is we didn't get to see the moment of the victem begging for their loved ones with their head's caved in. Which is horrible, but it tortures the viewers even more and makes us hate Negan more.

The way they did it, not seeing who died, the viewers get to love Negan for his charismatic performance, but don't have to hate him for what he did to a loved one. And by next season, that first impression will already be made by the time we find out who's lost.

For comic readers. they DETESTED Negan for what he did in that issue, and only came to respect Negan over time as they saw more of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"