The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 16 "Last Day on Earth" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Kane52630, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Yeah, absolutely no complaints about Negan. Hell, the episode up to the cliffhanger was great.

2. Broseph44 Witness Me

Scroll back up a ways you'll see. Some non sense about "this was the end of this story, the reveal of the death of the character is the start of a new story" Some dumbs **** like that. Wait Matt? I thought you were a mod dude.

3. Broseph44 Witness Me

Yep JDM was perfection as Negan, and the episode itself was great. But them copping out and not showing us who was the one being killed was ********. I actually liked and didn't mind the POV decision for the victim. But when Negan said "and you are it" I wanted it to be clear to show us who he chose.

4. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

What pisses me off is that the whole ****ing episode is a buildup to a payoff that never comes. Your finale should give the audience some kind of payoff or closure. That didn't happen here for reasons beyond my comprehension. Instead we spent an hour and twenty minutes watching people drive from roadblock to roadblock. Then the last ten minutes build this amazing sense of tension and dread that lead to nothing at all. I could've not watched this episode at all, tuned in next season and felt like I did not miss a thing. If your finale is that unmemorable, you are ding something wrong.

5. Reek _____

JDM better not get backlash for a piss poor writing decision.

6. Broseph44 Witness Me

Truth :up:

7. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Yeah, I resigned a few days back. I'm not on the site very often these days. When work gets busy if I post a few times a month I am lucky. Sometimes I will go months without even logging on. I popped back up to help out with BvS's launch but now that that is over, I figured I may as well hang it up while I am around rather than go MIA again.

8. Broseph44 Witness Me

The point of building Negan up this entire season is because we know he's gonna kill someone. Someone important. Then we finally get to meet Negan. And JDM nails it as the character, and he finally chooses someone to do in with Lucille. And you choose not to show us who that is because of some ******** excuse (**** you Gimple). Such ********.

9. galmorzu Demonlord of Evil

I might have phrased it wrong, but Gimple said the whole point of keeping the character's death was because the story ends right here. When we find out who the character's death actually is, that's going to be a big part of the story moving forward.

That why I made a guess on who I think it is, because there are only a couple of characters who have a big enough impact on Rick to actually have have an effect on the story.
    The only two people I think it could be would be Maggie or Daryl, and Daryl has always been referred to as Rick's lieutenant, his left hand man, the one he trusts the most with big decisions

Take that away and Rick's all alone to make the calls against Negan. Which is where the comic puts him.

10. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

If anyone is going to get backlash it is the rest of the cast. They are the ones who have been teasing this finale at every turn since October. It feels like they trolled their fans and audience. I cannot comprehend why they would think that is a good idea unless they shot a proper ending in which someone died and the producers left it out without informing the cast of the bogus cliffhanger.

11. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Carl changes the story more than anyone. But I suppose we can rule out Rick and Carl considering Negan's orders to cut out Carl's eye and feed it to Rick if anyone resists.

But honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock into Gimple's stupid excuse. It is just a way to make a ******** decision sound a lot more high brow and complicated than it actually is.

12. galmorzu Demonlord of Evil

True, there was that whole Glenn fakeout that really had no impact on the story at all and was just for people watching it in real-time...:whatever:

13. Reek _____

I sure hope so... cause there was nothing that was close to 'devastating' 'sick to their stomachs' etc...

load of ****.

14. galmorzu Demonlord of Evil

Heh, Chris brought up how angry fans are. :gngl:

15. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

God damnit.

It's going to be Aaron. I mean, that's the only reason I can see for the cliffhanger. To give us massive blueballs when they reveal it next season.

16. Reek _____

yeah :lmao: and he pretended to support them

17. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

What did he say?

Honestly, it was just a stupid decision. It would've been far more impactful to end the season on a huge death than to end it on a silly cliffhanger that furthers the story in no way. "It is the beginning of our next story." Bull ****. That is such ass backward logic. The only thing served by a cliffhanger is to kill any impact that the death may have had. Now instead of being shocked, fans are annoyed. They will find out who it is through set photos in a few weeks and that'll be that. Just a dumb creative decision all around.

18. Reek _____

Question is... are they going to ruin it more by having a timejump like they do in the comics and us find out in the time jump?

Why on earth show a beaten *insert name here* on the premiere? i mean wtf are they thinking... this is simply pathetic.

19. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

While downplaying it.

20. Elevator Man Registered

Another season finale that didn’t need to be 90 minutes long. I found the entire episode anticlimactic. Most of the episode was made up of scenes where the Saviors are forcing Rick and co. to take detours from their destination to get Maggie to the Hilltop settlement. It was pretty much setting up Negan’s big entrance and season 7. Then the cop out ending and forcing us to wait till October to find out who Negan’s victim was. I get the main focus of this episode is to show Rick and co. being knocked down a peg and humbling themselves to Negan and Saviors . As well as them realizing they aren’t invincible and unbeatable against any threat that comes their way. But eh… I wasn’t impressed.

21. Drizzle There's no knowing where we're rowing

If Gimple wasn't lying, then the death will have a major impact on season 7. Aaron is the least important of the characters who were lined up, so I'm pretty sure he's safe.

22. conan69 Cimmerian

They did and do constantly. Im done with it. This show constantly cheats its audience.

That was such a stupid gimmicky ending. This was practically unintentionally funny it was so badly done... complete with blood running down the screen.

This scene should have been horrifying. Even to battle hardened horror fans.

Do they really think theyre going to be able to keep who got Lucilled a secret?? No way.

BTW, Wont be watching Fear either. Just.. done.

#172 conan69, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  23. BETArayBill Registered

Isn't the first trailer for next season going to give it away on look blank isn't there

24. Drizzle There's no knowing where we're rowing

The constant cliffhangers are the reason why this show is better off being binge-watched, but you can't escape spoilers at all as soon as they air so you feel forced to watch it live while having to deal with annoying gimmicks. It's a double-edged sword.

25. Reek _____

the first trailer is going to be a simple shot of a dumpster.