The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 9 "No Way Out" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Kane52630, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Kane52630

Kane52630 TURBO MAN USER

2. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Just saw it, this episode was so ****ing good! So many deaths and shocking no moment, I thought Glenn was a goner! And Rick got his badass moment as always but it was awesome seeing the towns folk rise up and help him. Rick Daryl were great as always.

3. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

I felt “No Way Out” was a better mid-season finale than a mid-season premiere. It was a good episode but it was basically the mid-season finale AMC delayed for two months.

After all the build up (during season 5b) with the Wolves being Rick and co. new threat for this season. I expected more from that storyline, which unfortunately fizzled after the quarry walker herd overshadowed it and during "JSS" most of them seemed unskillful and foolish. It isn't any wonder the Wolves didn’t seem fully fleshed out and were one-dimensional b/c according to the actor, who played the last remaining Wolf, he didn’t have a script to work with. The writers were pretty much making it up as they went along. Wasted potential as villains.

4. Drizzle

Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

This definitely had a finale feel to it. We would have gotten it in the first half too if not for the Morgan episode. But on the other hand, I do like the premieres that hook you right in, much like the escape from Terminus in the season five premiere (another episode that felt more like a finale).

5. Monsieur Xavier

Monsieur Xavier Recycled

Deadly first minutes, they thinned the human horde.
    The encounter with the Wolves scouts was funny.
    Carl, that was unexpected.
    The last minutes were frantic.
    Glenn has more lives than a immortal cat.

6. Evelisse

Evelisse Exactly

I am a little surprised/disappointed we didn't get a deeper look at exactly what the deal was with the wolves, were they just a band of crazy people? Who was/is their leader, are they connected to Negan (I don't think so)

But my theory to fill in the the gap of info for me personally, is the 3 people exiled from Alexandria each made their own group, one being the leader of the Wolves, one Jesus leader of Hilltop people, and then Negan.

7. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

Wouldn't an immortal cat only have one life? :o

8. Monsieur Xavier

Monsieur Xavier Recycled

^^
    I don't know, I'm not a math guy :)

9. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

That's b/c the writers didn't have a real idea/backstory for the Wolves and their rules of surviving. According to the actor, who played the last remaining Wolf, he didn’t have a script to work from. The writers were making it up as they went along. It's a shame too b/c they could've been interesting villains. Now their backstory is left a mystery.

10. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

SPOILER ALERT: TWD Episode 609 Flashback
    [YT]e2k7Q9oNZPQ[/YT]

11. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

From the one Wolf guy, I got the impression that they thought they were doing people a favor by killing them and freeing them from a hellish world.

12. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

Those were the Saviors, I believe, not Wolves.

13. Drizzle

Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

They played that on AMC yesterday not even 24 hours after the episode aired. I obviously wasn't spoiled since I had already seen it, but AMC really needs to chill with this ****. Between that and the show's social media department spoiling what happened to Beth in the midseason finale for season 5 for west coast viewers, you would think they'd have learned by now.

14. Golgo-13

Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I thought Glenn was a gonna for sure.

15. the dmg

the dmg The Funky Homosapien

Great start to the second half of the season. Nice nods to the comic and then Rick going crazy to kill as many walkers as he can was great. It was good to see some of the payoff with the town finally coming together and taking Alexandria back instead of letting the group take care of things as they've been doing.

What I thought was interesting was Carol was proved wrong twice. The little kid was doing really well until he thought about what Carol said to him about tying him up on a tree and leaving him to be devoured. Sam was already a liability and a goner with how sheltered he's been, but that doesn't make her actions a good thing for a fragile kid. She told Morgan the Wolf couldn't be redeemed, and maybe even if it was just the Wolf adapting (as he said before they ran out, he adapts to survive), he still tried to save the doctor.

Rick's speech to Carl at the end was really good.

So Glenn's a cat right? He's used up like eight lives already...dunn dunn dunn. They had me going this time that he was a goner once Enid made it up to Maggie. I mean, there wasn't many places he could have gone, but to trap himself against a wall was just stupid.

I really thought Abraham was going to make a quip to Daryl about using the rocket launcher. Abraham killed me with his huge grin and then asking Glenn to open the gate.

One glaring mistake was the cliffhanger from the first half of the season where he's calling out "Mom. MOM!" I guess that was in his head or something.