The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be all the more tragic if zombies weren't even involved? Just a completely mundane, human death after all the **** he's gone through and survived.

"All that's left between us and salvation is this hardwood floor! Who left this bucket of floorwax ou-"

RIP Rick.

Well, he's not Barney Fife. :argh:

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a heart attack or something. Like an actual medical condition instead of "Oh ****, I just got bit" or "Hey, this sociopathic rival leader is going to chop me up into bits right now".

Wouldn't it be all the more tragic if zombies weren't even involved? Just a completely mundane, human death after all the **** he's gone through and survived.

I'm ready to lose a character to a zombie actually. Bullets and bats are cool, but nobody's been eaten in a while.

Actually it was Douglas Monroe, even though he wasn't that much of a major character.

The sudden nature of [BLACKOUT]Abe's[/BLACKOUT] death got me big time. One minute he's just walking and talking, then all of a sudden an arrow is through his head. It was just routine. That probably would be the best way for Rick to go, but from a marketing standpoint it would be hard for them not to want to hype it up a bit.

Last edited:
Lol blackout fail, E-Man ;) That's okay. It's not really a spoiler anymore.

Ha! Well I'll edit it anyway just in case we get one person in here that isn't caught up. Someone like Kane because I know I'm usually on the verge of spoiling it all to him.

I wouldn't be so sure about the marketing aspect. Kirkman's running the show at Image as well as writing The Walking Dead, so if he doesn't want Rick's death to be a big marketing gimmick, he's very much in a position to keep it from becoming one.

Abe getting shot almost solidifies Jesus joining the group as they'll definitely need the muscle now.

Assuming Jesus survives. I'm starting to wonder if the remnants of Rick's group will just merge with the Hill, repel Negan's forces together, and then stick around on the Hill. I don't see Kirkman reverting Rick and the gang to roving around in a convoy of cars, looking for nothing in particular again.

Finally read issue 100. Glenn didn't deserve to go out that way but Kirkman wrote it that way to make us REALLY hate Nagen. Also Nagen's group out numbers Rick's 5 to 1 at least so you know this is going to be good! Too bad Abe died cause this war had his name written all over it. He would have shined. Hopefully Daryl comes in and makes a difference.

So..... **** this whole "one issue a month" thing. I need to know what happens in 101 now! :cmad:

:csad:

I didn't expect [BLACKOUT]Glenn[/BLACKOUT] to die. I was afraid Andrea was gonna bite the dust. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Kirkman kills her off in the next issue. And if he does, that's when my interest in TWD pretty much fades away into nothing.

Well I read #101. Gotta say I was disappointed. My review is below.

The pacing seemed very off. Everything happened way too fast. I thought there'd be a bit more hysteria, especially on Maggie's part, but she went through the stages pretty quickly and even seemed as if she had emerged from the shock of it by the time she decided to settle in the Hilltop with Sophia (which, by the way, I called, when the rest of you thought she'd get killed :oldrazz: ). I know it's not fun to read the issue after a main character dies when everyone is grieving, but I felt as if there could have been more done especially with Maggie and Sophia. And we don't even get Michonne's reaction period. The other big thing which bothered me was this has to be the third time or so that Rick's camp is attacked while he's away (it happened at least once at the prison if I recall), but there's no major damage or death. Looks like the survivors can handle themselves quite well on their own, thanks Rick. I would have liked to see the fight between the Hilltop and Negan's crew, especially Andrea capturing Dwight. Did he intentionally let himself get captured? Because Andrea said they weren't much of a fight, but I'm rooting for them to be as deadly as the Woodbury crew. These are the people who took out Abraham and Glenn. So I'm hoping #102 picks it up a bit. Still enjoyed it because it's Walking Dead, but yeah I'd give this ish about a B-.

I haven't gotten around to getting it yet. Can someone recap?

I haven't gotten around to getting it yet. Can someone recap?

Maggie gets pissed. Punches Rick and calls him a coward. Carl pulls his gun on Maggie. Things settle. Carl apologized to Sophia. Maggie and Sophia decide to stay with Jesus's people. Carl is sad to see Sophia go. Jesus goes with the group back home. They'd been raided by Negan's people. Everyone is fine. They fought Negan's people off. Andrea says she has a surprise for Rick. Daryl Dent (what I call Negan's burn-faced archer) tied to a chair.

Maggie gets pissed. Punches Rick and calls him a coward. Carl pulls his gun on Maggie. Things settle. Carl apologized to Sophia. Maggie and Sophia decide to stay with Jesus's people. Carl is sad to see Sophia go. Jesus goes with the group back home. They'd been raided by Negan's people. Everyone is fine. They fought Negan's people off. Andrea says she has a surprise for Rick. Daryl Dent (what I call Negan's burn-faced archer) tied to a chair.

:atp:

This is gonna be good...

Has anyone here read the "The Walking Dead" comics from 1989?

I just came across this blog from 2010, where the guy says AMC is adapting it for TV, lol. But I never knew there had been a comic about zombies called "The Walking Dead" before, it's in black and white too. It sounds really silly.

The Walking Dead tells the blood curdlingly cliched tale of an alien spaceship crashing into the very middle of Washington DC and spilling out a strange chemical that affects recently deceased human corpses... and brings them back to life! Not just walking and feasting on the living, but talking, driving cars and forming a biker gang called "Kidz From Hell"!

http://frightzone.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/get-ready-for-amcs-walking-dead-with.html

Aliens causing a chemical spill that results in a zombie biker gang is a cliche?

Jesus joined up in #101. Good call, Spoons. I hope he survives the next big bad; he's almost certainly going to be Rick's new best bud/confidante, much like Tyrese and Abraham were before, and dudes in that position don't have a great track record when a new baddie shows up. :csad:

Paul or "Jesus" is a dirty traitor for the Saviors. I'd bet money on it.

Hadn't thought of that. I could see it, though. We don't really know how he joined up with the Hill's people, and he seems a hell of a lot more capable than any of their other members.

I kind of hope he's just another refugee from a rougher group like Rick's, though. That would be cool, especially if he winds up being the sole survivor of that group and can teach Rick some lesson about leading such a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"