The "What did you think about the new X3 scene" poll

Wolverini said:
Oh jawel Retro :) Dit gaat gebeuren in 1 week , misschien anderhalf maar dat word nog geregeld. Misschien mag ik weer iemand meenemen :O
Ik ben best jaolers maar ik wil je wel veel plezier wensen.;)

_BB_ said:
You can definately see the difference between the directing styles but its not a bad thing regarding this scene. Considering whats happeningin the rest of the movie, this scene with the comedic moments offers some light hearted relief from the emotions that will play out both before and later on.

I honestly dont think the colossus are that bad, the quality of the clip on youtube isnt the best but you can still see sinews on the arms and face if you look close enough.

One thing i am really liking is that logan is finally acting like the logan from the comics, with the carefree rebellious attitude :up: Same goes for storm too.

People were having doubts as to how they would do the fastball special but they pulled it of very convincingly.

The only part i found a bit werid was at the end when the sentinel head falls down. Its not the fact that it comes out of nowhere because you dont actually see the sentinel anyway, just the eyes. It the fact that Logan comes out of nowhere lol.

Oh and i told you there would be a sentinel head in the danger room :p

Overall I give it a 4 :up:

I agree with everything you said except the Colossus thing. I think the effects look horrible. I hope they aren't finalized, but I doubt there will be a big difference. But, in that clip, he doesn't look real. He looks like a video game character. And not even an X-Box 360 character, but like, a Nintendo 64 character :(

But yes, I liked Wolverine's attitude in the whole scene. It was very Wolverine-ish. So was Storm's attitude.

The characterizations were definatley not the problem with the scene. And I agree with you that the campiness and cheesiness of it (which even still isn't that bad at all) is there because essentially, this scene is a break from all the drama. It's an element added in for the fans to enjoy, as well as a fun action scene for the general audience. It doesn't have anything to do with the storyline. It's there for fun. And it is fun.

With colossus, i really think they should put some kind of metallic sound with it when he armours up. I think the lighting of the scene may also play a part in how he looks because in the blue light of the final battle in the trailer i have to admit he does look better there.

Plus this was going on on Jay Leno, they arent going to put some really depressing emotional scene on there, they are going to want to entertain the audience and make them laugh, this was the perfect scene to use imo

What, there's no option for "This is exactly what I expected, which means I'm not really impressed or unimpressed"? 'Cause that's where I am. Effects look just fine. The only thing that annoys me is that Wolverine takes down the Sentinel alone. I'm sick of Wolverine movies that are inexplicably titled "X-Men."

Bishop2 said:
What, there's no option for "This is exactly what I expected, which means I'm not really impressed or unimpressed"? 'Cause that's where I am. Effects look just fine. The only thing that annoys me is that Wolverine takes down the Sentinel alone. I'm sick of Wolverine movies that are inexplicably titled "X-Men."

Want a Kleenex?

yeah, but then after the scene, logans going to get a bollocking off of storm which should keep you wolvie haters happy :p

_BB_ said:
With colossus, i really think they should put some kind of metallic sound with it when he armours up. I think the lighting of the scene may also play a part in how he looks because in the blue light of the final battle in the trailer i have to admit he does look better there.

Plus this was going on on Jay Leno, they arent going to put some really depressing emotional scene on there, they are going to want to entertain the audience and make them laugh, this was the perfect scene to use imo

Colossus appears to look amazing in that lineup scene from the trailer...

Which is why I'm very disappointed in the effects from this scene.

I agree with you completely about the scene overall. I don't think it's a bad scene at all, and I don't think the campiness of it is an indicator of the overall film.

I can just tell it's not a Bryan Singer scene, that's all.

I absolutley love Wolverine throughout that scene though. "Hey tin man", that was awesome. The way he lights his cigar, lmao. Walking out in the open as the carcuses of the cars around him get blown to ****.

I just love his whole nonchalant attitude regarding the Danger Room... and how Storm is taking it seriously, trying to train these younger X-Men.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Want a Kleenex?

I want someone with a half-decent understanding of what a "team" is to make these movies.

Loved the first movie, but as soon as the second one came out I pretty much realized this series wasn't going to satisfy me.

Bishop2 said:
I want someone with a half-decent understanding of what a "team" is to make these movies.

Loved the first movie, but as soon as the second one came out I pretty much realized this series wasn't going to satisfy me.

Someone with a half-decent understanding of these movies would realize that they are hardly "Wolverine" movies disguised under an 'X-Men' title.

ShakiraRocks said:
I like polls, easier to get a read of the general reaction without going through pages of posts.

Clever thinking, mate.....:up:

They do understand, thats why storms says "we need to work as a team" and is actually giving orders out :rolleyes:

And come on, colossus throwing wolverine is teamwork, wolverine isnt doing a super jump or climbing up the sentinel on his own :p If they did that then even I would be pissed off

eh, looks like a direct to vid flick. :down

Colossus looked made for tv.

I'm a little afraid this video gives the film bad publicity :O

It's true is a little like F4... and I know it's a break to the drama, but showing this to the audience before the realease I don't think it's a very good idea.

The clip was... good, but not amazing... don't like the music.

I prefer not seeing more clips. I hope there won't be so much.

When they show movie clips on Leno, they are the finished product! When the head falls to the ground the distance of the body to the fall, the body should be visible and we should see the body collapse! Logan isn't on the back of the Sentinel head while it's crashing! Colossus had shiny hair when he chromed up, and on the official site his hair stays black(in the character gifs)! I hope I'm wrong about it being the finished product, because the end of this sequence isn't believable at all!

I enjoyed the scene. I didn't like Hugh's acting much, but I like how he is more like comic Logan. It contrasts well with Storm.

Halle was awesome. I thought she was did great with her lines and the spin looks great. :)

I agree with the majority about Colossus' effects. I hope they are better in the final film.

I really hope we get to see more of the sentinel. I think Ratner said that we will only get glimpses of it, and this clip proves it. Oh well. :(

True, CG. Where is Logan then? it's not logical, and he isn't inside the head, because we don't hear nothing, so where's the more realistic aspect of those films?

^^^i agree about colossus. btw, is that rogue saying "its getting closer" it sounds very much like her...

Gave it a 4.

This is what I'm looking for an x-men film - fast paced at action with dialogue to match. What I've heard so far is x10 better than what I've heard in x1 or x2 - with a few lines you get a real feel for the characters. I did'nt mind the Colussus effects, at least we've seen more of him in that scene than we did in x1 or x2.
:up:

EmmaFrostRules said:
^^^i agree about colossus. btw, is that rogue saying "its getting closer" it sounds very much like her...

Is Storm, I think. This clip was all Logan/Storm....

I hope we'll hear "the others" too.

^^^ahh kk. i could have sworn it was ickle roguie i heard

I gave it a 4

I thought it was good, really entertaining. I'm pretty sure Colossus will get more work done on him as that's different from anything we've seen of him. All in all, I'm just as excited for this movie as I ever was

i'll give it a 4 also. well actually i was planning to give it a 3.5 but it wasnt included in the options. lol.

EmmaFrostRules said:
^^^ahh kk. i could have sworn it was ickle roguie i heard

Sounds like Rogue to me. Storm says the majority of the lines, but I'm pretty sure Rogue says 'It's getting closer'.

edit - Ok just rewatched it, Rogue definetly says 'It's getting closer'. You can hear her southern voice. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"