Civilian
Reaction score
The long-awaited and overdue
White Walkers Thread!
untitled-219.gif

Last edited:
goo2141-630x352.jpg

gotchildren04.jpg

Doesn't it seem like there's a relationship between these two places, almost like a polarity? And they both have to be North of Craster's, perhaps not too far apart? Something tells me we're not through with "Icehenge." Why bother showing it in the first place if it has no bearing on the rest of the story yet to be told? If there's a source of power behind the White Walkers it might be there... if it's not inside the Night's King anyway...

We know Bran's going somewhere. Bet you anything he'll be going to the White Walker palace we saw in season four.

I wonder how Danaerys will react to the White Walkers kinda being child soldiers...being made from Craster's bastards and all.

I go out walking... after midnight...

I hope we get a bit of history about them soon. It would suck if the show ended and they never really tell us what the hell these guys really are. I could see it happening too, just to preserve the mystery about them. But I want at least a glimpse into how they came about.

In the season preview Bran turns around and sees the Night's King in a vision or maybe even in real life and it looks like the Night's King grabs him...perhaps when that happens Bran will get a vision of some of the Night's Kings past.

In the season preview Bran turns around and sees the Night's King in a vision or maybe even in real life and it looks like the Night's King grabs him...perhaps when that happens Bran will get a vision of some of the Night's Kings past.

I think it was just a vision as Bran appears to be standing?

got-trailer-15-bran-nights-king.gif

Yeah, hopefully. I like that Bran can see into the past now. Hopefully that will give us some real insights into old Westeros. Hell, I'd love to see a prequel mini-series in which we see Robert's Rebellion through Bran's eyes.

I think it was just a vision as Bran appears to be standing?

got-trailer-15-bran-nights-king.gif

I think these are more than just visions. Its like warging except his soul isnt going to an animal or person its going to the past, present, or future, so wherever he is he is there in some compacity. Maybe the Night's King senses him there and trys to grab him.

I'm more interested in what's got Bran all agape than the NK grabbing him tbh fam.

I think these are more than just visions. Its like warging except his soul isnt going to an animal or person its going to the past, present, or future, so wherever he is he is there in some compacity. Maybe the Night's King senses him there and trys to grab him.

I think so too. It's clear he's touring with the Ghost of Christmas past/present/future in a type of astral projection, and I would classify that as a visionary experience as well.

So I talked about this with my girlfriend, and I she thought it was a good idea, interested in what you guys might think.

Now I think the White Walkers are badass, but what they appear to be wearing, doesn't seem very visually interesting. Given their relation with winter, snow, ice, and the cold, I thought "wouldn't it be better to have them wear armor made out of magic ice". Rather than what appears to be normal looking leather clothing?

However, I thought that such a look could give them an almost angelic appearence, despite being the exact opposite. What do you think? My mentality was, since the White Walkers themselves are otherworldly, what they wear and use as weapons should appear as such too.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
In the books they look much as you described, armour made of crystal and ice. They look like almost angelic and elven beings made of ice, beautiful in how alien they are and speak in their own language which sounds like the cracking of ice, or wind on glass.

Really the show took quite a few liberties and made them essentially Ice Orcs, and quite ugly and haggard in comparison to their book counterparts.

They also ride Ice Spiders supposingly.

In the books they look much as you described, armour made of crystal and ice. They look like almost angelic and elven beings made of ice, beautiful in how alien they are and speak in their own language which sounds like the cracking of ice, or wind on glass.

Really the show took quite a few liberties and made them essentially Ice Orcs, and quite ugly and haggard in comparison to their book counterparts.

Really? Well that's nice to know, I wonder why they look so plain in the show. Budgetary maybe? Crystal and ice armor seems like a huge missed opportunity for the show.

From the Game of Thrones wiki:

"The Night's King is a legendary Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. According to legend, he was a fearless warrior named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later, he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars". He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well. He brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years. During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the North. It was not until Brandon the Breaker, the King of Winter, and Joramun the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that the Night's King was brought down and the Night's Watch freed. After his fall, when it was discovered that he had been making sacrifices to the Others, all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden and forgotten. It is likely this led the lords of the North to forbid the Night's Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south."

One of the Stories Old Nan told Bran is about the Night's King. She said some people believe the Night's King was a Bolton, a Magnar of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot. However, she identified the Night's King as a Stark of Winterfell and brother to the King of the North, and hints his name was Brandon. "

Would make for an interesting irony with a genealogical connection if he's Bran's ancestor -IF the King of the White Walkers is in fact the same being as this legendary figure described above, that is!

However, though not explicitly stated, it's strongly implied by D&D that the very first White Walker is the Night's King:

tumblr_o7lxutAaS11s95j2so4_250.gif

--which may nullify all other theories about who he is.

13108613_1014509298618106_354296104_n.jpg

Last edited:
The man tied up there is also the actor who played the Night's King; Vladimir Furdik. So that's definitely meant to be him.

I hate to be "that guy", but the character's name is the Night King (no 's').

For me, the most interesting thing from last night's episode when it comes to the Bran storyline is that the Children of the Forest essentially doomed the very land they were trying to save by creating the Night King, and, by extension, all the rest of the White Walkers.

I hate to be "that guy", but the character's name is the Night King (no 's').

For me, the most interesting thing from last night's episode when it comes to the Bran storyline is that the Children of the Forest essentially doomed the very land they were trying to save by creating the Night King, and, by extension, all the rest of the White Walkers.

D&D refer to him as that. GRRM (and the rest of the world) uses Night's King -he stated that's the form he prefers.

The show's NK and the book's N'sK are also two different characters, right? Seems like there were some timeline discrepancies between the show one and the book one.

D&D refer to him as that. GRRM (and the rest of the world) uses Night's King -he stated that's the form he prefers.

GRMM can refer to the character how he wants, but when it comes to the show, David and Dan ultimately have the final word... especially since, technically, the character as such doesn't actually exist in the novels as far as I know.

The books' Night's King is a legendary character who lived during the Age of Heroes. The show's Night King was (I guess) one of the First Men.

The white walkers have had a few different looks over the seasons. I kind of like that, even if it's inconsistent.

GRMM can refer to the character how he wants, but when it comes to the show, David and Dan ultimately have the final word... especially since, technically, the character as such doesn't actually exist in the novels as far as I know.

Maybe or maybe not. GRRM was cryptic and refused to confirm that.

But if you are trying to suggest that D&D completely invented this being themselves who coincidentally has a name nearly identical to the legendary figure in the books, I will have to say no friggin' way!

The books' Night's King is a legendary character who lived during the Age of Heroes. The show's Night King was (I guess) one of the First Men.

Perhaps so, and if so then they made another change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"