Gotham City Police Department Data Files
File #05101939
Subject: Why So Serious?

Evidence Moderated By
Commander M. Bruce - Adminstration
Sargeant G. Lantern - Homicide Crimes Unit
Officer B. Man - Special Victims Unit

1. Opening Contents:

"Hello, and welcome to the Why So Serious? Gotham City Noir RPG!

This game is similar to many of the RPG's here, except that this one takes solely from the mythology of the DC Comic character, Batman, and his world. Notable influences on the tone of this particular game include the critically acclaimed series, Gotham Central, and the film Batman Begins, aswell as the vast 60 plus years of history that the character and his world has endured in the comic books."​
wsslogofixed1di4.jpg
2. Rules Of Establishment:

• Welcome To Gotham: Immerse yourself in the roles of the city's most famous, or infamous citizens. Choose anyone you want, bearing in mind they cannot be a customized, non-canonical, or fellow DC character. Assume their traits and personalities as your own, and never overstep their capabilities...
    -
  • History As You Make It: This is a new continuity, with only a vague history of Batman's existence being brief to go off of. What happens in Gotham stays in Gotham, and you decide what it is. Be creative.
    -
  • You're Gonna Break Your One Rule: No killing PC characters. Nameless NPC's are fine, but murdering known NPC's without permission from a GM and/or a fellow player will result in penalty.
    -
  • Life In The Fast Lane: You can travel anywhere in Gotham City, and on rare occasions, outside of the city, if your character requires it. But DC cities such as Metropolis and Coast City are not to be referenced or visited. This is a continuity set in a realistic setting. OTHER DC CHARACTERS DO NOT EXIST.
    -
  • Sometimes One Face Isn't Enough: Provided you've proven yourself a capable RPG participant, you may, after a week of playing your first character with success, choose a second. Third characters will not be permitted, nor will reserving characters. If you want a character, take one, or drop another to do so.
    -
  • An Inhabited World Is The Best Kind: Several storylines can be going on at once. You have the option of interacting with other players, here, as long as you respect the other player's storyline.
    -
  • People Know The People: When taking up a character for your own, you must respect the history that character has endured. That means if something is clearly out of character, you will be called out on it, and perhaps even forced to edit your posts. You have the responsibility to be your character, so be your character. Not a new character with another one's name.
    -
  • The Clock Is Ticking: You are required to post, at the very least, once every two weeks. If you cannot do that, and do not consent to the game prior with a reasonable explaination, your character will be stripped from you, and placed under availible for others.
    -
  • Moderation Can Save You: All regular Hype rules apply to this game. But the most important rule, in this section, is to have fun. Don't bicker or fight with other players, just have fun.

3. Key Roster Of Witness:

Guardians
The most effective heroes are the ones unafraid to act

The Batman
Alias: Bruce Wayne
Associates (Attached NPC's): Alfred Pennyworth
Portrayed by Byrd Man

Harvey Dent
Alias: Apollo Dent
Associates (Attached NPC's): None
Portrayed by NowufaceDoom

Rachel Dawes
Alias: N/A
Associates (Attached NPC's): Gotham City Attornies
Portrayed by Apprentice

Law Enforcers
Without law, there is no order

Special Agent Chase
Alias: Cameron Chase
Associates (Attached NPC's): Sandra Barrett
Portrayed by Green Lantern

Detective Sergeant Vincent Del Arrazio
Alias: Vincent Del Arrazio
Associates (Attached NPC's): Joely Bartlett (partner)
Portrayed by Harlekin

Crime Bosses
Control is something commonly seized by the wicked

Rule Breakers
A hero is only as good as his opposition

Catwoman
Alias: Selina Kyle
Associates (Attached NPC's): None.
Portrayed by Val

The Joker
Alias: Unknown
Associates (Attached NPC's): Goons/henchmen
Portrayed by Eddie Brock Jr.

Killer Croc
Alias: Waylon Jones
Portrayed by Syn (Mercenary)

The Penguin
Alias: Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot
Associates (Attached NPC's): The Iceburg Lounge Staff
Portrayed by MST3K_4ever

The Riddler
Alias: Edward Nigma
Portrayed by Cyrusbales

The Scarecrow
Alias: Jonathan Crane
Associates (Attached NPC's): Hired Goons
Portrayed by raindog13

4. Testament To Character:

Below is the character application. In order to become a character in this game, you must completely fill it out, leaving no section untouched.

- - -

"Gotham City Noir" RPG Application

Screenname:

Gothamite you would like to portray:

Class of society: (Choose one) Guardian, Law Enforcer, Crime Boss, Rule Breaker

Resume: (Brief character biography)

Factoids of interest: (Special attributes - IE: Weapons, attire... anything needed to be known)

Known associates: (NPC's needed to be attached to your character)

Three integral reasons behind choosing the character: 1. 2. 3.

Please provide a brief explaination behind your character's motivations (ex: What does he/she believe in? How does he/she connect with Gotham City? What grinds your character's gears?):

File Headshot: (A picture if your character, if applicable)

Please provide a small sample post, in the format you plan to portray this identity, with three paragraphs at minimum:

- - -

5. Additional Notes
The following reports were conducted by Special Agent J.M. Harlekin

FBI FILES - THE FIVE FAMILIES OF GOTHAM CITY

- The Falcone family
Currently in disarray, the Falcone family was originally headed up by Carmine "The Roman" Falcone. It seems that the vigilante Batman has a personal vendetta against this family, having worked hard to break up the organisation, even before the death of Carmine. Alberto Falcone, the Roman's son, recently returned. What role he will play is uncertain.

- The Maroni family
Succeeding his father Luigi "Big Lou" Maroni, Salvatore Maroni runs a tight ship. With the Falcone family out of the works for a while and the Zucco family just up and running, Maroni is undoubtedly the most powerful mob boss in Gotham. The other families are just too minor to resist. Maybe we could guide the Bat to Maroni. Sal seems to like the high life.

-> Off-shoot: The Zucco crew
Headed up by Tony Zucco, currently spending time in jail on a weapons charge. Expected to be out in a few months. Originally a member of Maroni's family but was able to convince a few members of the broken Falcone family to join his side. His right-hand man Edward Skeevers runs things in Zucco's place. The anomisity between Maroni and Zucco has simmered to a truce, but one that could break at any time.

- The Bertinelli family
Influential family, but without a lot of resources. The head of the family, Guido Bertinelli is showing some striking resemblances to Tony Soprano. Talks a big game, and is very personal about his honour. We've got multiple tabs on them. If we ever plan to take him down, we'll need some leverage to convince some of Guido's family to flip. He has a daughter, Helena Rosa Bertinelli, who might be useful in that capacity. The family has close ties to the Inzerillo's.

- The Inzerillo family
The family with the least public exposure. Jack Inzerillo has made sure that his family stays out of the limelight, thereby avoiding the GCPD and Gotham's vigilantes. Sources in both the GCPD and the criminal circuit say there's a Detective with ties to the family: Detective Sergeant Vincent Del Arrazio. He's a cousin to Jack. He could be useful; he's worked with us before.

- The Moxon family
This family's business has been slow for a while now, but the return of Lew Moxon, the boss, chances are that is about to change. Rumours are abound about the potential succesor to the aging mob boss. Moxon has relatively legit ambitions, having a failed career in politics and spending some time amongst the rich and famous of Gotham before going into exile.

STRUCTURE OF THE G.C.P.D., MAJOR CRIMES UNIT:

The Major Crimes Unit is a newly instated off-shoot of the G.C.P.D.'s homicide department. It was created when the police was forced to acknowledge a new trend amongst criminals; the increase of even more dangerous and unorthodox methods. In order to sufficiently protect the citizens of Gotham, the Major Crimes Unit deals with these and other sensitive cases.

Although this division has had contacts with vigilantes in the past, they do not condone their actions. The "Bat-Signal" on the rooftop of the department building, created at the behest of Lt. James Gordon, is used to facilitate a better relationship between the police and those vigilantes in an attempt to dissuade them from interfering with G.C.P.D. matters.

Commisioner: Gillian B. Loeb
Commander first shift: Capt. David King
Commander second shift: Lt. Ronald Probson

First shift:
Lt. James Gordon | Det. Arnold Flass
Det. Sgt. Vincent Del Arrazio | Det. Joely Bartlett
Det. Thomas Burke | Det. Dagmar Procjnow
Det. Eric Cohen | Det. Andi Kasinsky
Det. Harvey Bullock | Det. Renee Montoya

Second shift:
Det. Sgt. Jackson Davies | Det. Nelson Crowe
Det. Josh Azeveda | Det. Trey Hartley
Det. Marcus Driver | Det. Charlie Fields
Det. Romy Chandler | Det. Nate Patton

Regular associates:
Lt. Gerald Hennely - Quick Response Team
Inspector Manny Esperanza - Internal Affairs
Nora Fields - Coroner's Office
James Corrigan - CSI

(Asisstant) District Attorneys regularly handling MCU cases:
Harvey Dent
Rachel Dawes
Danny Barkley
Adrian Chase

6. Closing Memoirs And Announcements:

"The In-Continuity Thread will be posted on Monday, December 10, 2007. This section will be updated with game-wide announcements, when availible.

Good luck. You'll need it, in a town like Gotham..."

gothampd01uc6.jpg

Screenname:
Eddie Brock Jr.

Gothamite you would like to portray: The Joker

Class of society: (Choose one) Rule Breaker

Resume: (Brief character biography) Little is known about the Joker...at all. His modus operandi is prone to change at random, with one notable signature - all the victims are found with a smile carved into their faces. The Joker has been linked to over 3 dozen murders, as well as several armed robberies and acts of vandalism. The Joker runs with a gang of men that dress up as clowns.

Factoids of interest: (Special attributes - IE: Weapons, attire... anything needed to be known) The Joker wears special make-up on his face. His face is always painted white, with dark circles around his eyes and a big red smile extending from cheek to cheek. He is always seen in the colors purple or green - predominantly the former. His weapons are designed to be deadly versions of children's toys (IE: a joy buzzer that emits lethal voltage).

Known associates: (NPC's needed to be attached to your character) None except the members of his posse.

Three integral reasons behind choosing the character: 1. I've never played a character quite so unstable. 2. I believe that he is too often portrayed as a maniacal laughing dunce. I want to break that chain. 3. The Dark Knight hype, anyone? :hoboj:

Please provide a brief explaination behind your character's motivations (ex: What does he/she believe in? How does he/she connect with Gotham City? What grinds your character's gears?): The Joker is very antisocial and anarchist. He believes that sanity is a temporary state of mind. He has made it his goal in life to prove that anyone, no matter how strong-willed, can be broken and fall into insanity...like he did. He is annoyed by idealists, yet still enjoys trying to break them.

Dark%20Knight%20Opener.JPG

Please provide a small sample post, in the format you plan to portray this identity, with three paragraphs at minimum:

The defense attorney makes his way to the stand. "Can you please state your name for the court?" he asks politely.

The defendant leans forward in his chair. He is a twisted man in appearance. His face is all white, and his eyes are outlined by a dark mascara-like substance. The most prominent feature on his face is a big, red smile that extends past his mouth and onto his cheeks. His hair is dyed a gruesome shade of green, and it is so untamed and mangled. With a bright smile on his face, revealing his yellowish teeth, he states, "Joseph."

The attorney looks at him in bewilderment. The man honestly didn't expect a response, so he repeats, "Joseph?"

The defendant nods, his smile not fading. "That's right. Joe. Last name - Kerr."

"Joe Kerr?" the attorney repeats to himself.

The defendant now erupts into laughter which echoes throughout the courtroom. "Get it?! Joe Kerr! Joker! HAHAHAHA!"

Both the defense attorney and the prosecutor look displeased. The judge leers at the crazed man at the stand. The defendant's antics clearly aren't amusing anyone - though they are helping the defense.

The prosecutor rises to his feet. "Your honor, couldn't we have removed the defendant's makeup before the proceedings began?"

"We tried,"
the defense attorney admits. "But it wouldn't come off...it would only smear."

"Don't you LOVE it? It's my own personal concoction!"
the Joker states proudly. "I suppose you can say that I'm something of a chemist! HAHAHAHA!"

The prosecutor, looking even more displeased, takes his seat again. As things begin to settle once again, the defense attorney asks his client, "Are you aware that you have been linked to over three dozen murders in the past two months, as well as several robberies?"

The Joker nods gleefully. There's almost something childish about his mannerisms. He always appears to be on the edge of a fit of laughter.

"Do you accept responsibility for these crimes?"

The Joker nods again. His smile is expanding to new limits.

"Do you feel any remorse for those murders?"

The Joker pauses for a moment. His smile starts to weaken. "I can't say I do. Do you want to know what I DO regret?" he asks calmly.

The defense attorney merely nods. The judge and jury are listening intently.

"Not committing more! HAHAHAHA!"

"Mister Foreman, how does the jury find the defendant?" the judge asks after the jury deliberates.

The foreman stands up, reading aloud from his paper, "We find the defendant not guilty by reason of insanity."

"Mister Defendant, you have been found not guilty by reason of insanity. Due to the heinous nature of your crimes, and your apparent mental instability, I am sentencing you to life at Arkham Asylum for treatment of your psychological afflictions. Mister Foreman, and the other members of the jury, your duty with the city of Gotham is fulfilled. You are free to go."

Screenname:
Byrd Man

Gothamite you would like to portray: The Batman Also known as Bruce Wayne

Class of society: (Choose one) Guardian

Resume: (Brief character biography)
After witnessing the muder of his parents by mugger Joe Chill, Bruce Wayne was never the same. He traveled the world, Training his mind and body to the peak of human potential and after his run in with former mentor, Ra's Al Ghul. He returned to Gotham City and became it's savior, frighting the superstitious and cowardly lot and becoming pure terror to criminals all over Gotham. The Batman.

Factoids of interest: (Special attributes - IE: Weapons, attire... anything needed to be known) Batman has no know powers instead, he relies on his own scientific knowledge, detective skills, and athletic prowess.

Known associates: (NPC's needed to be attached to your character) Alfred Pennyworth: Butler. Rachel Dawes: Assistant District Attorney and childhood friend.

Three integral reasons behind choosing the character:

1. Batman is my favorite character. Nobody can come close to him. Not even Ult. Captain America. There are only two things I will always remember about my childhood: Batman 89 and BTAS' opening scene.

2. Gotham is my favorite fictional city and with this RPG, we have the chance to show Gotham and Gotham alone. It's New York with a dark edge. Where else can Batman and Joker fight? Fargo? Philly? Please.

3. With this the new gritty/Nolanverse style. I have some options to play with Bruce. Plus, BB kicked ass and Gotham Central kicked ass even better than BB.

Provide a brief explaination behind your character's motivations (ex: What does he/she believe in? How does he/she connect with Gotham City? What grinds your character's gears?): Bruce is an OG (Original Gothamite) and after you watched your parents be mudered right in front of you when you were 8 would make anyone want to dress up like Draclua and assault criminals.

Batman3.jpg

batlogo.gif

Gotham Lawns

The gray sky gives way to a light snowfall. Alfred pulls the car up to the side of the road.

“I'll wait for you here, Master Bruce.”

"Thank you, Alfred."

I slowly get out the car and pull up my coat to fight the howling wind. Two roses grasped in my hand.

It's a short ways to their place. I trudge through the snow and finally find it.

"Mom. Dad."

I place a rose on each side. One for Thomas, my father. One for my mother Martha.

This is something I've done since my return to Gotham. The anniversary of their deaths I visit. I can never undo the pain of that night, but by remembering, I will always know what it felt like.

I close my eyes for a second, the images flash...

batman404_mazzuccelli.jpg

"No...."

My eyes snap back open.

"It's working...slowly, but the people are believing. Hope is returning. I'm making this world a better place...not a world were another eight year old will have to go through the pain again."

Sometimes I wonder, what I would have been like had my parents not died. No, don't focus on what might have been, focus on what is.

I touch my father's grave and crouch.

"It hasn't been easy. But that's why we choose the things we do. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

I kiss my hand and place it on my father's grave. I repeat the act with my mother's grave.

"I love both of you."

I turn to leave, marching through the snow. As much as I want to stay and dwell on my thoughts, night is slowly approaching and I have work to do....

I bid both thee...

APPROVED!

I won't be applying for Selina yet, maybe soon after all my characters are posted as, but I'll stay subscribed to see how this fairs.:up:

Screenname: Catman_prb

Gothamite you would like to portray: Alberto Falcone

Class of society: (Choose one): Mafia Don

Resume: (Brief character biography): Alberto Falcone is very much the prodigal son of the Falcone family. His father refused to let him join the family business, wanting him to lead a normal life. Alberto succeeded in getting a degree in law from Oxford University in England. After returning to Gotham, he found the Falcone empire in ruins after the death of his father, and an internal war going on between his siblings Mario and Sofia. In Carmine Falcones will his father wished that he should take over one of the legitimate businesses of the Falcone empire, the Black Ace Bar. His degree in law has given him the position of the Falcone Consigliere.

Factoids of interest: (Special attributes - IE: Weapons, attire... anything needed to be known): Dresses in a smart suit, rumoured to carry a .22 pistol for protection. Has a square jaw, and is quite well built, having made full use of the Oxford Gym.

Known associates: (NPC's needed to be attached to your character): Mario Falcone, Sofia Falcone and Milos Grapa.

1. He's Michael Corleone but in Batman style.
2. A small bar can be a big place in a seedy town.
3. I've taken a character central in what could proove to be a Falcone power struggle.

Please provide a brief explaination behind your character's motivations (ex: What does he/she believe in? How does he/she connect with Gotham City? What grinds your character's gears?): Alberto is resentful that his father would not let him in the family business, and constantly wishes to proove himself to his family, and the Gotham Underworld in general. His degree in law is largely ironic.

None on record

Alberto sat in the hallway of the great mansion, anxiously biting one of his thumbnails. Finally a great oak door opened, and around a dozen people came out, most looking disgruntled. Alberto stood up when he saw his brother Mario, burshing past his sister Sofia, who was walking slowly across the carpet. He walked towards her, though she did not look at him.

"Well, what did it say? Who gets charge of the business?" Alberto asked eaqerly. There was no hope that he would be put in control, but he needed to know who his father had trusted with his great empire. Each sibling would mean vastly different directions. Sofia kept on walking, not looking at him. Alberto grabbed her arm.

"Who?" he asked, slightly angry, and resentful that he had not been allowed in to see the will being read. Sofia looked at him, her eyes blazing.

"No one. The old bastard left us to fight over it," she growled. Alberto was shocked.

"What? He didn't say anything?"

"Oh there was one thing," she said quietly.

"What?" Alberto said, hopefull that he may be able to gain something out of this mess.

"Papa said that you get the bar," she said, almost smiling, as she planted some keys in Alberto's hand, and walked away, leaving her brother staring at the small piece of metal.

Accepted, Catman.

Screenname:
Master Bruce

Gothamite you would like to portray: Lieutenant James Gordon, Gotham City P.D

Class of society:Law Enforcer

Resume: (Brief character biography) Enrolling in the Gotham City Police Department nearly 20 years ago, Officer Jim Gordon was subjected to one of the city's most haneous crimes, when a little boy by the name of Bruce Wayne was brought in after watching his parents murdered infront of him. Trying to console the young man the best that he could, the incident left him scarred, seeing the hatred for criminals in the boy's eyes. Tranferring to Chicago, his hometown, Gordon and his wife resided there until Jim realized that most of that city's crime originated from Gotham. Transferring back to his old position, this time as Sargeant, it soon became evident that Gotham's police force had become maliciously corrupt. Without hope and without an ally, Gordon kept mum on this until finally, he was given the most unlikely of allies: A dark, and grim figure of the night to which Gothamites called The Batman. Seeing new hope in this vigilante, Gordon has maintained a secret allieance with him in order to rid the force, and the city, of it's evil.

Factoids of interest: (Special attributes - IE: Weapons, attire... anything needed to be known) Gordon's only weapon is a standard police pistol, issued to Gotham City Officers. He also has access to vast resources though his department, which he usually shares, unauthorised, with The Dark Knight.

Known associates: (NPC's needed to be attached to your character) Barbara Kean Gordon - Wife, James Jr. - Son, Barbara Gordon - Adopted Daughter

1. Batman: Year One is among my favorite Batman stories, and in that, Gordon shares much of the focus. Miller made him the underdog of the force, when he was often portrayed as it's leader up till then, which was a really interesting place to take the character.

2. I always play superheroes or supervillains. Never any normal, regular guys. Gordon is among my favorite characters in the Batman universe, so I figured it was time I experimented with the notion.

3. Provided I'm in the role long enough, I have the chance to detail Jim's rise against corruption and eventually becoming the Commisioner. That's an interesting tale, I think, that I'm very excited to get the chance at.

Please provide a brief explaination behind your character's motivations (ex: What does he/she believe in? How does he/she connect with Gotham City? What grinds your character's gears?): Gordon's view of the world is anything but black and white, now. Once, he believed in the department he worked for, but soon became aware of their corruption. He conflicts himself with his sense of duty and what's truly right for Gotham City, especially once he encounters Batman. However, he's also wary of his new friend, believing that one day, Gotham won't need his help... thus, if The Caped Crusader ever steps out of line, Gordon won't hestitate to bring him down, like any other scum.

batman.jpg

I hate the job. I hate the force. I hate everything about this damn city.

I can't quit. And it annoys the living hell out of me.

Pulling a right at Market Square, I hear Merkel try his best to make out the graveness of the situation over the dispatch radio. But it comes up as little more than static. It grinds my ears, until I finally don't have enough patience for it, and promptly shut it off. For all I know, the squad car was outfitted by Loeb to make sure I didn't hear anything over that radio. To make sure I never made it to the scene of the crime, just to give Flass and the others the right amount of time to hide anything that might incriminate one of their own. Or themselves.

Maybe it's not even them that's getting to me, now. Barbara and I had another fight, this morning. She says I'm more devoted to the badge than I am to the kids. That's not true, and I know it, but I can't rightly blame her for assuming as such. I wear the badge to protect them, and protect her. That's why I'm never around. But I can't justify that. Barbara doesn't understand, and any time I try to make a point, she takes it the wrong way. So I'm left without so much as a goodbye, by the time I left the kitchen, and kissed Babs and James on my way out. They don't blame me for any of this. But they probably should.

"Merkel! Merkel, listen to me!", I yell into the radio, picking it up. "We can't endanger any of the hostages, you hear me?! Don't send the squad in there until I arrive!"

I should've had the mind to yell that in the first time. Branden'll warrant a massacre if he's not given the orders to stand down. But something tells me Loeb told him to go in, guns blazing, already. I have to put a stop to it. I'm the only hope those poor souls have.

"*zzz*What?- Can't... *zzz* You're breaking up, Lietenant. Can't- *zzz*"

I slam the radio down and keep driving. He was obviously fauxing that. It brings all my suspicions to realization, in an instant, and I can't help but feel I'd be better off of this was taking place at night. If he were here, on my side...

I hate the job. I hate the force.

I hate everything about this damn city.

Just a quick question though. Would I be able to play Ethan Bennet from "The Batman"? I'm not really familiar with any cops from Gotham except Commish Gordon, Bennet and Yin.

Just a quick question though. Would I be able to play Ethan Bennet from "The Batman"? I'm not really familiar with any cops from Gotham except Commish Gordon, Bennet and Yin.

Hmm. Technically, there's no rule in incorperating characters from mediums outside of the comics, especially since this allows Begins continuity elements.

I say it's possible, pending a good application, but I don't want him to turn into Clayface. That just jives against the realism factor of this RPG. You'll also have to talk with Byrd Man first, to determine whether or not Ethan would be childhood friends with Bruce Wayne.

Cheers MB. I'm assuming Carmine Falcone is dead by this point.

Whatever you want him to be. You're the authority on what happens to Carmine until someone comes in, wanting him.

Hmm. Technically, there's no rule in incorperating characters from mediums outside of the comics, especially since this allows Begins continuity elements.

I say it's possible, pending a good application, but I don't want him to turn into Clayface. That just jives against the realism factor of this RPG. You'll also have to talk with Byrd Man first, to determine whether or not Ethan would be childhood friends with Bruce Wayne.
I definately had no plans of turning Ethan into Clayface, but I was going to have him be friends with Bruce, depending of course on what Byrd would approve of.

If this is kinda BB continuty, does that mean I should start of with Bane as a normal blokey and have his origin or what?

Do whatever you want, on that front.

Man, Byrd...it's a good thing I wasn't gunning for Bats, eh? :hehe:

Do whatever you want, on that front.
Cool! I have a really good new Idea, but it's a little bit like Two-Face's origin. I'll post it in a mo so you can see if I'll get accused of ripping off other characters.

Apparentally no one highlighted his post. :o

Screenname: Oh Snap!

Gothamite you would like to portray: Detective Harvey Bullock GCPD

Class of society: (Choose one) Law Enforcer

Resume: (Brief character biography) Harvey Bullock's a life-long Gothamite, he came from a poor upbringing and always had a strong sense of right and wrong, 20 years ago he decided to do something about it, he decided to become a police officer and make a difference; two decades later and a good few stone heavier, Gotham City is still as corrupt as ever, but Bullock's still out there on the street, but Bullock's still out there on the streets fighting them on every street corner.

Factoids of interest: (Special attributes - IE: Weapons, attire... anything needed to be known) None, the only "special attributes" he needs are his badge and his gun.

Known associates: (NPC's needed to be attached to your character) None.

1. I've always loved how Harvey Bullock was the dirtiest cop on the force, yet at the same time the most uncorruptible, he's not above planting evidence, taking bribes and has several ties to organized crime; despite all of this he's something of a force of nature in Gotham, he's probably the most feared policeman in all of Gotham, and to be honest.. I don't blame them.

2. Harvey Bullock's a very fun character to write, as of late I've been reading over Gotham Central and a few of his appearances and he's so old-fashioned it's amazing; he's willing to go with his gut even if there's no evidence at all, he's a dying breed of policemen in Gotham.

3. Who doesn't love Bullock? I mean, I doubt I could have any other GCPD officer getting drunk and beating the crap out of a perp, but Bullock does it for a living. He eats and breaths Gotham City, in a way he IS Gotham City, he's almost an arch-type for "Bad Cop" and I love that about him.

Please provide a brief explaination behind your character's motivations (ex: What does he/she believe in? How does he/she connect with Gotham City? What grinds your character's gears?):

Harvey Bullock's fiercly loyal to Gotham City and to justice, he's not afraid to bend the rules to do so and puts the safety of the citizens of Gotham before everything else. He gets paid to hurt bad guys, it's the perfect job, what can I say? :o

1e0e4f66.jpg

Harvey Bullock stumbles out of the bar drunk with a half empty bottle of beer in hand, he laughs to himself and steps towards his car, taking out his car keys and dropping them onto the curb, he fumbled with them and tried to pick them up; only managing to knock them straight into a drain, he watched them sink down into the sewer below, angrily shaking his head.

"You dirty piece of ****, ****ing hell.. I'm going to have to walk home, have you seen me? Do I look like the sorta **** that walks?"

He took a few steps, before seeing a brick on the floor and looking back at his car.. He reached for the brick, picking it up and drawing it back, smashing the driver's seat window of his car and opening the door, the alarm blaring.

"Jesus Christ, I've already got a headache.. cut it out, would you?"

He smashed his fist on the top of the dashboard, but the alarm still blared loudly, so he angrily reached for his gun and prepared to shoot his car to shut it up. As he did so though, he felt the bright warmth of a flashlight on his face and crumpled up his face, he was too drunk for that much light..

"Throw the gun out of the window and step out of the car, sir.."

Bullock chuckled and shook his head, the police officer frowned and cocked his gun.

"I won't ask you again"

"You're new, aren't you?"

Bullock stepped out of his car slowly, the young police officer nervously picked up Harvey's gun and tried to assert his authority upon the drunkard car jacker.

"You're under..."

Harvey's voice was slurred, but as the young man slammed him against the car and handcuffed him, he continued to laugh to himself arrogantly and roll his eyes as the new guy tried to read him his rights.

"Check my inside pocket"

"What?"

"Just do it, kid.."

The beat cop looked bemused, he wasn't sure what to make of it, but he reached inside of Bullock's inside pocket and pulled out something that felt like a wallet; but as he did so, it fell open to expose a badge, what was worse was the name that was on the card beside it.

"Oh boy, I didn't know it was you sir.. I'm sorry.. I apologize"

As the young man undid the cuffs that were firmly locked around Bullock's wrists, Bullock snatched his badge from the police officer and his gun, putting his gun back into his holster and squaring up to the would be 'arresting officer', he said in an overbearingly confident tone laced with alcohol..

2060ce94.jpg

"That's right.. Detective Harvey Bullock, MCU"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"