The Wii U

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Thread Manager, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I'm happy they showed more of the actual gameplay of SMT X FE. I don't know if it's 100% something I'd enjoy, but I'm more intrigued by it than I was before.

2. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Just read that the ESRB has officially rated Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Finally!

3. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

That's awesome! I'm assuming for the VC on Wii U. I wish to hell we could get some of those GBA VC titles on 3DS.

4. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

[​IMG]

A retailer version will be available with two amiibo figures (and I think Digby is exclusive to that version from what I can tell) and three random amiibo cards. Amazon lists it at $60, but I'm thinking it's a placeholder.

5. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

That's an interesting development.

6. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

A lot of people are ripping it apart on the Treehouse stream, since there doesn't seem to be an endgame really and you don't have minigames like Mario Party, but it feels kind of like a perfect extension of Animal Crossing, a game in which you kind of do nothing in a giant zen garden. A board game that's whole point is just to make people as happy as possible seems pretty on point to me.

7. zenith16 Registered

hmm Ok so when I put up the VOD from last iht it wasn't all up there so here's some of the stuff I missed with some of the stuff shown today

not everything just some

[​IMG] 8:28:57
    [YT]arFsxZ8QWPM[/YT]

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2015

• 23 hours ago

Here are today's

[​IMG] 27:41
    [YT]c8-4OqV_w94[/YT]
    Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2015 Day 2 Yoshi’s Woolly World

• 2 hours ago

[​IMG] 15:08
    [YT]TzprnVvb4hM[/YT]
    Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2015 Day 2 amiibo

• 31 minutes ago

[​IMG] 7:58:22
    [YT]ncxTFIEr7GI[/YT]
    Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2015 Day 2

• 1 minute ago

whatever else you can find here : Videos
    ^^ some of these are i
    n some of their own threads or were put already while there are " others that weren't" you'll find in the Video's link here.

source: Nintendo's Youtube Channel

#982 zenith16, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  8. Silvermoth Avenger

Oh well what's the point of getting it then?

That's the dream

9. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

WHY are they showing Wooly World again?

10. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Because Nintendo has finally lost their goddamn minds. I hope to hell between now and when the game comes out in October we don't see so much as a second of footage so that maybe, just maybe, the game feels like something fresh. Also, that October release date in the US is deeply, and truly ******ed. It makes zero sense.

11. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Yeah, I really don't get why they keep showing it off. It was at the YouTube at E3 coverage before the conference, the digital event itself, and this is the second time we've seen it demoed. Plus, we've already seen quite a lot of it through the end of last year and beginning of this.

12. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Didn't the Treehouse play it live at last years E3 too?

13. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

No, it wasn't there last year.

It's kind of funny, really, because I remember people asking about it, wanting to know where it was and thinking maybe it got canned. Now, they've flooded so much information I think a lot of people are sick of seeing it.

14. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I know I'm definitely sick of seeing it. It's not deep enough of a game to warrant this kind of explanation and demonstration. I mean, aside from the graphical style, we've all pretty much played this game before. I suppose the trouble is they don't have much else they can show off right now.

15. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Well, they do, and I think that's partially what's frustrating about this Treehouse. They have Devil's Third, Fatal Frame, Mario & Sonic Olympics and Xenoblade Chronicles, all of which are coming out this year (and two of which haven't been demoed). It's not a lot extra, but I really don't think we needed to see Starfox four times in the Treehouse, and one of the above could've taken its spot this mourning instead.

#990 Tron Bonne, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  16. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Yeah absolutely. They have games they can show, but aren't. I'd love to see more gameplay from Devil's Third and Fatal Frame. I think they've showed that first Star Fox level on every Treehouse day so far. I'm also hearing reports from people who have played Star Fox on the floor at E3 that the graphics leave a lot to be desired.

17. Travesty Registered

...but what about Star Fox? :hmm

18. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

The graphics clearly aren't that great, but eh, I don't care that much about graphics. The artstyle is good, classic Starfox look and all. It's whatevs, that stuff doesn't matter much to me. I heard it was 60 FPS on both the TV and Gamepad, so maybe that has something to do with it

19. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

In the Digital Event, they talked about how one amiibo function was that you could get mystery mushrooms that would transform you into another character (they had Wii Fit Trainer and Link as examples). In the recent Treehouse demo, they announced that there would be over 90+ of these (yes, 90+). And, for reference, there have been just under 70 amiibo announced. It's also only within the SMB levels, it does not work in 3, World or NSMB. It also seems to be something you just scan and unlock like Mario Kart:

[​IMG]

20. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Disappointing to hear it only works in the SMB levels, but I understand why. That's a whole ton of new sprites to make to get them in each art style.

21. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Now I can complete my dream of beating Bowser with Captain Falcon and pretending like my fireballs are rapid and continuous Falcon punches

22. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

That's really the most exciting part of Mario Maker for me right now. There's some amiibo's I really want to conquer SMB levels with. Gonna have to have an Ike shipped to me over seas. I wonder if the Mewtwo amiibo will work with it? That'd be a trip.

23. Travesty Registered

So when are these goddamn Amibo cards coming out? Did they cancel them?

24. zenith16 Registered

well with Xeno Blade chronicles I think it's casue they still doing the location with the voice actor's and they really don't want to or their boss's told them not to show any more further til then or they don't want to spoil the story as well.

Other wise we'll have Another variation of what was shown with the translated stream's which are already on the north American gamer web sites .

Other wise they've have to show something new & that's hard if your trying very hard to keep spoiler's under wrap's.

I know someone will say something Aggressive BS ETC , cause' it's not what they want to hear just cause I said that . but ....

Devil third I think the makers them selves want to show it off with how far they've come with it . But only when their ready.

I don't know what's happening with fatal frame. I'm just happy it's still this year. & hope they will surprise us with other extra stuff for it. If they can.

#999 zenith16, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  25. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

They're coming out this year. They didn't detail when or how they'll be sold, but they'll most likely be out around the same time as Happy Home Designer in September.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.