The Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo Store Has Refurbished Wii U for Only $225. March 7, 2015 . 11:00am

Weekend deals with refurbished Wii U and next week’s Cities: Skylines on the PC.

nintendo-store-refurb-wii-u-e1425753368284.png

Lots of decent deals this weekend, headlining it all is a refurbished Wii U going for only $225 at Nintendo’s Store. Warranty is a full year and shipping is only five bucks. Best of all, the deal appears to be valid for ALL 50 states (let us know if we’re wrong on that part though).

For those who haven’t ridden the Dark Souls II train yet, there’s the upcoming Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin releasing on April 7th. You’ll get the base game and all future DLC content. The game is $7 off pre-order at Newegg, which is relatively rare for a console version of the game.

Another upcoming title that might perk your interest is next week’s Cities: Skylines for the PC. You can shave about 27% off the MSRP by grabbing it at GMG’s VIP deal here, for only $21.89. Currently the top selling title on Steam for this weekend.
Game deals brought to you by the crew at Dealzon. Disclaimer: sales from certain retailers help support Siliconera.

Read more stories about PC & Wii U on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

More info with in the article it's self

Wii U
Freedom Planet coming to Wii U eShop
Published 2 hours ago. 2 comments.

Combat-based platform adventure en route to Nintendo console.

GalaxyTrail is bringing Freedom Planet, its Sonic the Hedgehog-inspired combat-based platform adventure game for PC, to the Wii U eShop, the developer announced at PAX East.
Here’s a full rundown of the game, via its Steam page:
About
Freedom Planet is a combat-based platform adventure that pits a spunky dragon girl and her friends against an alien attack force. There’s trouble around every turn, from insects to giant robots to sheer explosive destruction, but you’ll have a variety of special fighting abilities to blast your way through each stage.
As Lilac, you can use Dragon powers to whip enemies with your hair, spin like a cyclone, or fly through the air at high speed like a comet.
As Carol, you can bust through foes with a flurry of punches and kicks or summon motorcycles that let you ride up walls and ceilings.
Do you have what it takes save Avalice? Try the demo and see for yourself!
Features

• Dash across the celestial world of Avalice with boosts, bikes and other high-speed gimmicks to achieve the fastest time
  • Explore at your own pace to find hidden paths and treasures and collect as many crystals as possible
  • Help Lilac and friends save their world from war in an engaging Adventure mode with fully voiced cutscenes
  • Zoom through the stages without interruption or dialog with Classic mode
  • Battle tons of quirky boss enemies including giant robots, towering alien creatures and aggressive rivals
  • Discover five elemental shields that reflect specific attacks and provide cool benefits
  • Unlock special bonuses, including mini-games, achievements, artwork and music
Other than “soon,” a release date for the Wii U version was not announced.
Watch an old trailer below.

[YT]1zlMtd4zeI0[/YT]

Read More

Wii U, Freedom Planet, GalaxyTrail, Game Announce, PAX East 2015
source: Gematsu

there's a pc review of title with in it's own thread from
EPN.TV

the Sonic like Freedom Planet
zenith16

source:GI

That wasn't the best picture to use for the size difference. It is actually surprisingly different:

Party_610a.jpg

Wow, that's a decent size difference. Makes me want that Mario one even more. Wish they sold it stand alone :cmad:

Wow, that's a decent size difference. Makes me want that Mario one even more. Wish they sold it stand alone :cmad:

They do?

EDIT: I'm lying, I guess they don't. I could've sworn at some point it was available separately.

EDIT 2: And I just thought of this, but if Toad is roughly the same size as these, Toad will be bigger than most of the Smash amiibos out right now.

Last edited:
F-Zero GP Legend Rated For Wii U Virtual Console North America. March 11, 2015 . 3:28pm

F-Zero GP Legend is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console in North America.

F-Zero GP Legend
is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console in North America. While the game hasn’t been officially announced yet, it was recently rated by the ESRB for the device. (Thanks, GoNintendo)

GP Legend was released in Europe on January 1st, alongside Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. The game ties into an anime of the same name, with 34 characters available to play as once you’ve unlocked them all.

Read more stories about F-Zero GP Legend & Wii U on Siliconera.

They do?

EDIT: I'm lying, I guess they don't. I could've sworn at some point it was available separately.

EDIT 2: And I just thought of this, but if Toad is roughly the same size as these, Toad will be bigger than most of the Smash amiibos out right now.

You can get it separate from over seas I believe. I'll just import one.

Nintendo Has Five Departments, And Iwata Is In Charge Of Two Of Them. March 13, 2015 . 1:02pm

Iwata reveals that he is currently in charge of the System Development Division at Nintendo,
as well as the department responsible for the company’s Quality of Life initiative.

Alongside his duties as Nintendo’s president, Satoru Iwata used to manage the company’s Software Planning & Development (SPD) department, which is responsible for developing games both internally and in collaboration with external studios and companies. This changed in 2013 when Iwata took over as CEO of Nintendo of America. Iwata found his replacement in Shinya Takahashi, who took over his management duties, allowing him to focus on his president/CEO responsibilities.

Since then, however, Iwata has found himself taking on two other management roles at Nintendo, in addition to his duties as president. In an investor Q&A, Iwata reveals that he is currently in charge of the System Development Division at Nintendo, as well as the department responsible for the company’s Quality of Life initiative.

In Iwata words, the System Development Division “creates fundamental parts of software development such as the network, system software, OS, SDK (Software Development Kit) and libraries” for Nintendo platforms. Since Iwata is the only member of Nintendo’s board with a programming background, he is currently best suited to managing this department. However, as with SPD, Iwata someday hopes to find someone else to replace him as the manager of the System Development Division, so he can fully devote himself to his presidential duties.

Including the System Development Division, Nintendo has four major departments in total, according to Iwata. On the software development side, there’s the Entertainment Analysis & Development (Mario, Zelda, Splatoon etc.) and Software Planning & Development (Xenoblade, Style Savvy, Metroid etc.) divisions. On the hardware side, there’s the hardware development department, which brings together Nintendo’s handheld and home console development teams. Finally, there’s the aforementioned System Development Division.

Meanwhile, the Quality of Life division is a newly-created department called the “QOL Business Development Department”. This is a separate division within Nintendo that was created by assembling members from the company’s other departments, and it reports directly to Iwata. The QOL team’s immediate goal is to launch their new health-oriented business and begin contributing to Nintendo’s profits alongside the company’s videogame business.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS & Wii U on Siliconera.

Also with

source: Siliconera & GI

Last edited:

Wii U, 3DS
Pokemon Rumble World rated in Australia
Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.

New Pokemon Rumble game set for announcement?

Pokemon-Rumble-World-Rated-Aus.jpg

The Australia Classification Board has rated Pokemon Rumble World, a yet to be announced entry in the Pokemon Rumble series for unknown platforms.
The Pokemon Rumble series consists of three games, including Pokemon Rumble for Wii, Pokemon Rumble Blast for 3DS, and Pokemon Rumble U for Wii U.
Whenever an official announcement is made, you’ll see it here.
Thanks, NeoGAF.

Read More

3DS, Wii U, Australian Classification Board, Nintendo, Pokemon Rumble World

Also with

Nintendo Celebrating Women's History Month By Highlighting Its Female Characters

gamer culture
on Mar 17, 2015 at 07:32 PM

March is Women's History Month, and in honor of the occasion, Nintendo is highlighting some of its strongest female characters.
... More

source: Gematsu& GI

Last edited:

From what I have heard the game was a big disappointed has the reviews have not been that good and they didn't market it that while has I had no idea it was even out up in till a few days ago when some one said something about it being out on hear.

From what I have heard the game was a big disappointed has the reviews have not been that good and they didn't market it that while has I had no idea it was even out up in till a few days ago when some one said something about it being out on hear.

the reviews are a mix some like it , some don't
which isn't necessary a bad thing just see if you like for your self

this was put out yesterday BTW

source: GI

Last edited:
the reviews are a mix some like it , some don't
which isn't necessary a bad thing just see if you lie for your self

this was put out yesterday BTW

source: GI

Yeah the reviews over all are not bad just not up to the normal level for this games.

Any of you guys pick up Mario Party 10? Bought it yesterday and played with 3 friends last night. It was fun, but definitely felt lacking. The Bowser Party mode was the only real challenge of a mode. The regular Party mode where you travel around in the cart is still uninteresting. Amiibo mode is a cool idea, but definitely takes a long time simply due to having to pass the Gamepad around the room and everyone having to touch the amiibos on the device a jillion times. Graphics are amazing though.

Nah, I don't buy them. I have a friend who does, and I'll get to play it whenever he picks it up. Don't tell me that you have to tap an amiibo every single turn, though?

So far, my impression of the Amibo functionality is pretty lousy. I hate the way it works in Smash, and think it's kinda silly with Hyrule Warriors. MK8 is pretty cool, cause you just have to tap it once, and it unlocks the gear from there on out. I hate all this constant tapping nonsense.

Wii U-Bound Warlocks Is Now Out On Steam Early Access. March 20, 2015 . 4:00pm

Be a warlock, fight shadow monsters, unlock more warlocks.

[YT]YjNB1U-Aw38[/YT]

ONE MORE LEVEL has released the Early Access version of its magical brawler Warlocks for Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can pick it up on Steam for $13.99. It’ll also be coming to Wii U at a later date.

Warlocks started out as an experiment to see how sci-fi roguelike Risk of Rain would work with wizards and warlocks. After the initial prototype went down well it was further developed into a more original game. A successful Kickstarter last year ensured a small team could work full-time on it.

Now, Warlocks has you taking on shadow creatures and monstrous bosses with destructive magic. The bosses you defeat unlock new warlocks that were imprisoned by the Shadow virus. Each of the ten warlocks have their own fighting style with at least four unique abilities.

As you progress, you’ll also want to look out for the procedurally generated loot dropped by slain enemies that allows you to combine different weapons and magic with your warlock’s skillset.

Warlocks can be played as a single-player or co-op campaign with five different dimensions to explore and battle through.

Read more stories about PC & Videos & Warlocks & Wii U on Siliconera.

Nah, I don't buy them. I have a friend who does, and I'll get to play it whenever he picks it up. Don't tell me that you have to tap an amiibo every single turn, though?

Yep. In amiibo party you have to tap, then lift the amiibo off the gamepad to roll. Every single turn.

Last edited:
It takes an already slow paced game and slows it down more.

You'll probably be pretty disappointed hah. That's a Japanese magazine, and I'm pretty sure Metroid has never really been big there. If it's actually something big and not just a lot of hype, it'll either be Dragon Quest or one of those Yokuai Watch games that are all the rage right now over there, it I were to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"