The Winter Soldier The Winter Soldier Thread

tumblr_mv7dt9A48D1r426i4o2_250.gif

I love how Cap's leg goes up as he throws the shield.

Apparently, you two don't understand that I'm talking about if I were Cap at that moment. And obviously, Cap has the abilities to handle such a situation.

Yeah, but it looks weird to me. Cap is just staring at Winter Soldier doing the knife trick. I understand he might be caught off guard, but he should do something instead of that. Just nitpicking, though. Not a huge deal. At least he ends up blocking the knife.

Maybe Winter Soldier slips the knife out right at that moment out of nowhere, and it surprises Steve.

I'm sure Cap is. :yay:

Keep in mind that the gif is slightly slower. the video happens quickly and after he just deflected a blow from a bionic arm

Keep in mind that the gif is slightly slower. the video happens quickly and after he just deflected a blow from a bionic arm

That makes sense if he just deflected a bionic arm blow. How are you sure the blow happened prior to the knife trick?

That makes sense if he just deflected a bionic arm blow. How are you sure the blow happened prior to the knife trick?

The gif cut out a second of the trailer. watch it again..between the first gif and second gif they are missing the party where steve just got pushed back while deflecting the bionic arm. Probably threw him off for a second which was enough to switch from forehand to backhand.

On that note, LOVE the choreography

Did anybody else think of the BlackWidow/Hakeye knife fight in The Avengers during that shot?

Like a pitcher. Have we ever seen him throw a shield with that much effort?

It's a great little detail which added to the Winter Soldier's badassery when he caught the shield and stared death at Cap. Love it.

I wonder how long it will take for Cap to figure out who WS really is? Also, I wonder if Fury is aware of WS's existence like he was in the comics?

Love everything about WS in the trailer. I know a lot of people are raving about the last shot, but I also love the one with the car crashing by in front of him. Sebastian looks very intense and badass in this. :up:

I would think Cap find out who WS really is around half or 2/3 through the film. Highly doubt they'll wait toward the end.

Love everything about WS in the trailer. I know a lot of people are raving about the last shot, but I also love the one with the car crashing by in front of him. Sebastian looks very intense and badass in this. :up:

I would think Cap find out who WS really is around half or 2/3 through the film. Highly doubt they'll wait toward the end.

So,,will the Winter Soldier be a pawn of the Russians like in the comics or are they gonna turn it on the good ol' American government so that they can sell more tickets over seas??

That seems to be the thing now....America is the bad guy.

I expect he's old Soviet tech that Pierce has appropriated for his own ends.

I'd assume it has more to do with Hydra or what ever shady organization is behind the bad things that happen to SHIELD
Doubtful it's the Russians, but I also doubt its the 'Murican Gub'mint

I don't think it's about making the Americans the bad guy. I think marvel tried to remove the nationality of all the bad guys scheme. Probably why black widow is such a difficult story to tell in a solo.

On the knife trick. The entire point is it is misdirection. Cap is attempting to block the original intended strike and is forced to adjust. It is actually quite smart imo.

So,,will the Winter Soldier be a pawn of the Russians like in the comics or are they gonna turn it on the good ol' American government so that they can sell more tickets over seas??

That seems to be the thing now....America is the bad guy.

It's not that "America is the bad guy," it's that certain elements within the American government are the bad guy. When we start creating our own brand of fascism that starts to emulate the Nazis and the Soviets, of course Hollywood is going to show that's a bad thing.

And it obviously has precedent in the pages of Cap's comics. He's famously taken on the American government many times and refused to be part of any administration that fails to live up to the American ideals Steve Rogers holds dear.

So yeah, I think WS is going to be the toy of certain elements of SHIELD, but I think the evidence will show that those guys are actually working for someone else and have infiltrated the agency.

And no, I don't think the Russians will have a thing to do with WS in the movie. That part will almost certainly be changed.

It's not that "America is the bad guy," it's that certain elements within the American government are the bad guy. When we start creating our own brand of fascism that starts to emulate the Nazis and the Soviets, of course Hollywood is going to show that's a bad thing.

And it obviously has precedent in the pages of Cap's comics. He's famously taken on the American government many times and refused to be part of any administration that fails to live up to the American ideals Steve Rogers holds dear.

So yeah, I think WS is going to be the toy of certain elements of SHIELD, but I think the evidence will show that those guys are actually working for someone else and have infiltrated the agency.

And no, I don't think the Russians will have a thing to do with WS in the movie. That part will almost certainly be changed.
It reminds me of Red Skull's monologue in the first film about nations and flags. Naive symbolism vs. reality.

Eh, you never know. That red star on his arm has to stand for something.

Why are we assuming that the American Government traitors, aren't spies?

I think Capt. America, more than any other superhero out there, is at his greatest when he makes some political statement while wearing the red, white, and blue. This movie seems to grasp that, while adding Falcon and Winter Soldier to the mix, not to mention the gravita of Robert Redford, and it is looking to deliver us an amazing film that happens to be about superheroes.

chris evans looks like a hero i can get behind, johanassen looks hot, and grillo looks bad ass. i will see this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"