The Winter Soldier The Winter Soldier Thread

Blonksky moves better than Cap in TIH. I wanna see more of the Blonksy-type moves from Cap.

Ehh, I thought Blonsky's movement was way too wire-work-y
It didn't look real or natural at all

I much prefer the way they've had Cap move
That said, I would love to see Cap take on someone like Hulk
Hopefully the mandroids make for some cool fights, and obv, Winter Soldier

d3b4.png

Ehh, I thought Blonsky's movement was way too wire-work-y
It didn't look real or natural at all

I much prefer the way they've had Cap move
That said, I would love to see Cap take on someone like Hulk
Hopefully the mandroids make for some cool fights, and obv, Winter Soldier

I am actually on the opposite side on this. I think for the most part Blonsky in SS mode looked great, where Cap has looked way to Wire-Fu reliant.

It's not much of a secret. Plus the title of the movie is Winter Soldier. We all know who that is.

Yeah, at comic-con, they said they weren't going to make a secret out of it. The suspense will come from anticipating Steve's reaction, rather than waiting to learn Winter Soldier's identity.

It's not much of a secret. Plus the title of the movie is Winter Soldier. We all know who that is.

*We* do, but not everyone out there does. It would be nice if the surprise could be preserved for at least some of the intended audience. But it doesn't appear likely. Oh well.

I'd say that around 90% has no idea who the Winter Soldier really is. If done correctly, the reveal should come as a gut-punching twist.

I'd say that around 90% has no idea who the Winter Soldier really is. If done correctly, the reveal should come as a gut-punching twist.
I think his reveal, motives, and usage throughout the film will be a big sticking point for critics and fans on how effective and good the movie will be. If it feels tacked on, then I could see it being brought down critically.

I need a Bucky character poster when it comes out. Total badass

Though I'm not the biggest Sebastian Stan fan in Terms of acting he really knows how to show intensity through his eyes

Though I'm not the biggest Sebastian Stan fan in Terms of acting he really knows how to show intensity through his eyes

Yeah I'm not a fan of his either. I just hope he does one of my favorite characters justice. He looks the part. Just hope he can act it.

And for a movie titled the winter soldier they're really not focusing much on him in the trailers. Seems like there's more focus on Robert Redford.

Sebastian Stan rolls with the tortured bad boy/soldier in his major tv appearances. He was absolutely amazing in Kings with Ian McShane. He's got this.

And for a movie titled the winter soldier they're really not focusing much on him in the trailers. Seems like there's more focus on Robert Redford.

Given what we know about the plot and have seen in the trailer, the "winter soldier" name describes Cap every bit as much as it does Bucky.

I think for the first set of trailers they want to keep an air of mystery to who/what the Winter Soldier is for now. I think his character will slowly unravel in trailers. As Fiege said, his identity is not really a surprise to the audience but rather to Steve.

Yeah, anyone who has doubt if Sebastian can do WS juctice need to watch KINGS (the entire series on Hulu online). He was brilliant in that as was the show. He was also great in POLITICAL ANIMALS. His tv characters tended to be very tortured with gray morality. So he is definitely in his element here as WS.

What if the Winter Soldier was the one who killed Howard Stark?

What if the Winter Soldier was the one who killed Howard Stark?
I've been kind of thinking about this as another way to tie him to events in the MCU. He could have done it on the order of Redford's character who wanted to get more control of SHIELD, but Stark was in the way until his death. The newspaper clipping in IM1 said Howard and Maria Stark died in a car crash, but who's to say it was an "accident."

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. If Pierce has been around with SHIELD for a while then he probably used to know Howard Stark, and if he was [BLACKOUT]affiliated with HYDRA[/BLACKOUT] back then too then he probably would have wanted to put a hit out on Stark.

Plus it'll create some great future tension between Tony and Bucky, if he ever takes up the mantle of Captain America.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. If Pierce has been around with SHIELD for a while then he probably used to know Howard Stark, and if he was [BLACKOUT]affiliated with HYDRA[/BLACKOUT] back then too then he probably would have wanted to put a hit out on Stark.

Plus it'll create some great future tension between Tony and Bucky, if he ever takes up the mantle of Captain America.

Holy crap, I love this idea.

:up:

I can see the "You're not Captain America" fights between the two already.

Wow, that is a great idea!

On the shallow note, I came across new pics of Stan. I think they are all from the past two weeks. He got a haircut and is looking mighty fine. :awesome:

2r783uh.jpg

Wow, that is a great idea!

On the shallow note, I came across new pics of Stan. I think they are all from the past two weeks. He got a haircut and is looking mighty fine. :awesome:

2r783uh.jpg

Looking great as always. I think he's easily the best looking out of all the guys in the MCU. :hrt:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"