The Winter Soldier The Winter Soldier Thread

I'm actually wondering though on how they'll present Winter Soldier being someone that can go toe to toe with Rogers since I don't think Bucky was given anything special that gave him the same type of physical attributes that Steve got from the SS and that alone makes Roger stronger than most regular human beings.

Remember that he was recovered originally from a table in Zola's lab. They implied pretty well that he was experimented on. I suspect he got dosed with Zola's best knockoff effort to duplicate the Super Soldier Serum and get it working properly. After being "triggered" by the trauma of a long fall, he now has something vaguely resembling SSS attributes. Probably not as good as the real thing, but combined with a cybernetic arm. . .

Holy crap.
That's a genius idea.

Could also explain why there hasn't been a real "frontrunner" for WS' puppet master. And given Marvel Studios' propensity for hiring Oscar-caliber actors for their villains, Redford makes a lot of sense.

Add in a connection to AIM, and it could explain why SHIELD did nothing about the events in Iron Man III, they were misdirected.

That's some awesome concept art. I can't wait to see more.

I'd really like it if at some point in the movie we get scenes similar to these from the comics:

413270-0001a1xs.jpg

413271-0001byx7.jpg

413273-0001hk6g.jpg

The dialogue is fine. Keep in mind that those panels don't happen right after each other, there's other stuff that wasn't included.

I think he just means similar in context.
Yeah, exactly, thanks.

The dialogue is fine. Keep in mind that those panels don't happen right after each other, there's other stuff that wasn't included.
The dialogue is fine to me too. I couldn't find any of the rest, and their is other stuff that happens, but I'd love to see some scenes in a similar context to the pages I posted. If they're going to adapt the Winter Soldier arc, then I expect to see something similar. I think if done right, it could be an important part of the movie, and one I'd like to see.

Any sightings of Winter Soldier on set yet?

I wonder if the bionic arm will be practical or if Sebastian will be wearing a green sock on his arm

Hopefully practical plus CG-enhanced
That always seems to look the best in the end

Wow, just wow. That costume is amazing.

:cap:The look of The Winter Soldier looks bad a**. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is going to be epic.

Last edited:
He looks amazing!just like a comic book brought to life!

It must help having a character that has been reinvigorated in the modern era rather than one from the 1960s when you're adapting comics like marvel does

I really think we're in for something amazing. I'm as psyched up for this film as DOFP.

It'll really be interesting to see why WS comes out of the shadows and does it so publicly after probably being hidden for so long after going through his probable brainwashing and subsequent assassination jobs.

He looks amazing!just like a comic book brought to life!

It must help having a character that has been reinvigorated in the modern era rather than one from the 1960s when you're adapting comics like marvel does
Yeah, Winter Soldier was pretty much MCU ready sans the domino mask.

It'll really be interesting to see why WS comes out of the shadows and does it so publicly after probably being hidden for so long after going through his probable brainwashing and subsequent assassination jobs.
Well he's still "in the shadows" so to speak. It's not like they know who he is.

anyone think the gun looks weird, like its superglued to his side as opposed to a holster

anyone think the gun looks weird, like its superglued to his side as opposed to a holster
Either it's a very minimal holster that's grasping it in a couple places or possibly a magnetic holster.

Sweet! Looks like they got the arm just like in the comics, even the red star on the shoulder.

I think he's gonna rip the roof off that car.

Good to see Casey Jones getting work outside of the TMNT franchise. :cwink:

I think he's gonna rip the roof off that car.
And that would be something else. Though I think punches are more likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"