The Winter Soldier The Winter Soldier Thread

I wonder how will they handle The Winter Solider and Bucky in this film, will he as The Winter Solider slowly remmember his past before he meet Cap in modern age or when he meet him. Will he become Bucky again at the end of movie or he will continue as Winter Solider and dissaper somewhere and still hunted by SHIELD. Will be somewhere in all this story be included Red Skull? I have theory that Skull get back on Earth trough portal of Chitauri during Avengers.

I think Robert Redford is Skull in disguise because of this:
Redford himself, we know his character is more than just another agent in the secretive Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.
Many questions, but i am looking forward to Winter Solider and i think he will steal the show of this movie :word:

I wonder how will they handle The Winter Solider and Bucky in this film, will he as The Winter Solider slowly remmember his past before he meet Cap in modern age or when he meet him. Will he become Bucky again at the end of movie or he will continue as Winter Solider and dissaper somewhere and still hunted by SHIELD. Will be somewhere in all this story be included Red Skull? I have theory that Skull get back on Earth trough portal of Chitauri during Avengers.

Redford himself, we know his character is more than just another agent in the secretive Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.
Many questions, but i am looking forward to Winter Solider and i think he will steal the show of this movie :word:

But....but....Captain America :waa:

No, I agree, he quickly became a fan favorite as Hatter on Once Upon a Time and if allowed to be both mysterious and sexy, this is sure to be the same.

I think the cold war angle will be only brushed briefly.

On the other hand, I do wonder if Alexander Lukin is going to turn out to be the true identity of Alexander Pierce. Perhaps Lukin spent decades as an agent of SHIELD while secretly having an agenda of his own.
This is so brilliant that I'm actually mad I read it. Because if it IS what they go for, I've been spoiled to it. And if they don't, I think I'll be disappointed because I can't think of any other possibility that doesn't pale in comparison. :wow:

Will this movie have love triangle between cap, natasha , and winter soldier ?

There'll at least be relations between the trio (Cap & WS being war buddies, Nat and WS possibly having run into one another while in Russia).

I highly doubt there will be a love triangle between those three. Simply because I don't see Steve winning that shipping war. I think GA will side with WS. So why put your main protagonist through that and make him unlikable in the process (possibly BW too).

I highly doubt there will be a love triangle between those three. Simply because I don't see Steve winning that shipping war. I think GA will side with WS. So why put your main protagonist through that and make him unlikable in the process (possibly BW too).

They care?

god forbid we upset the tumblr fandoms and shippers who ship steve and tony, loki and thor and bw with anyone....

tell that to the fan art of loki and thor getting it on all over tumblr.

Why would the GA side with Winter Soldier?
MCU WS =/= comic book WS. There's likely to be a very different origin story going on here. MCU Bucky was a grown man, and old friend of Steve; not a boy-wonder sidekick. MCU Bucky "died" during a battle in a mountain pass, and was likely picked up by HYDRA for "reconditioning," unlike the poor kid from the comics who was strapped to a buzz bomb. MCU Steve has no reason to feel the decades of guilt that comic-book Cap had to endure over Bucky's "death." MCU Bucky is likely a product of an underground HYDRA that survived WWII and regrouped and thrived, instead of a Cold War-era KGB.

The GA has no reason to like Winter Soldier. He's the titular villain. It's possible that the studio wants to "hide" his identity from the GA, so that only us geeks actually know he's really Bucky. WS' "deprogramming" back to good-guy Bucky is probably something that doesn't happen until way late in the movie, or even the end; because, face it, you don't waste the most dramatic scene in the movie at the halfway point.

Forget his "status" among the shippers. That's not going to carry over to the GA, nor is Marvel going to try to foist that on them. If there's any love interest going on in this movie, it will be between Cap and Natasha, not Bucky and Natasha.

That's why I'm saying no to love triangle. If they are going to go with Cap/BW, then please don't involve WS in it. If you give people the choice, they usually go for more unconventional pairing. WS will likely be portrayed as a very complex character - let's face it, his life sucks (don't see that changing in the MCU). To add insult to injury, the girl he likes/his gf ends up choosing another guy? They might not 'sided' with WS per se, but they probably want him to 'win' something if he has the option (not saying BW is an object they can claim, but you know :woot:).

One more time...NO LOVE TRIANGLE :word:

there won't be a love triangle between those three
I'm also pretty sure there won't be any real romance between Cap and BW, just a cover-up kiss
We can hope for BW and WS, but there's no indication one way or the other about that

Can't wait to see the Winter Soldier on the big screen. Glad to see he has been positively well-received so far. The costume looks great and once they touched up the arm, it will be even more awesome. Still can't believe we got some nice candid shots of him during filming.

From what I've seen, I have no doubt Stan will deliver a fine performance. :up:

No, I agree, he quickly became a fan favorite as Hatter on Once Upon a Time and if allowed to be both mysterious and sexy, this is sure to be the same.

If the writers handle the characters well, nobody steals the show from the lead. It would be disappointing to see another Thor/Loki situation, with the bad guy being given better development and a more emotional character arc than the hero.

I don't think Redford is the Skull. I guess it is possible that Skully fell out of the wormhole during Avengers. With a contemporary Cap, I got the feeling Germans and Nazis are going to be on the DL. With Winter Soldier and backstories on Widow, I'm thinking Russians will be the villains with Pierce possibly as head of the KGB.

Unless Toby Jones (Arnim Zola) plays a role in the contemporary setting- that would be a huge clue as to the direction of the villains and Redford's character. That would lead be to believe Redford could be Zemo, with an outside chance of 'da Skull. Is he only going to appear in flashbacks, or was it announced he was coming back during the present day?

Last edited:
WS certainly looks like a bad-a**. For a decent film it needs to have a decent bad guy and they certainly have the look down.

bumping, cuz Buck needs more love

I mean s***, this is basically half his movie after all

I think people just been posting WS related posts in the Speculations thread. But yeah, always here for Bucky. :up: My favorite pic of WS we've seen so far is the one at the top of this page where he jumps down from the highway.

Glad to see they are not attempting to hide his identity to the GA only to Steve. Unlike IM3 and THOR: TDW, they are actually showing off the 'villain' since Sebastian has already been seen at SDCC and D23. Like you said, this movie is half his. :word:

Hopefully the movie isn't "half Bucky's" at all. Captain America is the lead; Bucky is the dead friend/villain. Bucky's story is really only important insofar as it relates back to Steve and impacts his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"