The Wolverine THE WOLVERINE Trailer Thread - Second Teaser Online May 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is this bland look people keep talking about i just dont see it i think the film looks beautiful
the-wolverine-trailer-stills-9.jpg

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-10a.jpg

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-15c.jpg

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-17.jpg

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-25b.jpg

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-31a.jpg

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-8.jpg

Seriously. The cinematography is excellent.

Amir Mokri was also the DP for Man of Steel.

Those shots you posted look great, Project862006.

You know, I don't think I've ever actually read the Japan arc. Can anyone tell me what the story is called so I can look it up?

Still puzzled by the "bland" complaints myself. Especially when I look at these shots:

wwIZInj.png

h4KJaUt.png

gwvYmHH.png

0A8TsJs.jpg

yeah if any comic book movie this year looks bland it is kick ass 2

Bland wouldn't be how I would describe the look of the trailer. One of the things that stood out right away was how good it looked...cinematography, set design...with the exception of the train sequence.

Seriously. The cinematography is excellent.

Mokri of TF3?
I'm in.

yeah if any comic book movie this year looks bland it is kick ass 2

Kick Ass looked bland last time too. They seem to be going for that real/plain look to ground the movie in reality to the nth degree.
Sucks cause just like last time the marketing is selling it as something it's not.

The sequel books are even more insane and grim imo.

This is great. It's not just about damage, it's about making him look less than human upon the damage. If only they could have the courage to do more with his hair in these moments

I recall in Astonishing when he survived atmospheric re entry and was just a sitting there looking like a piece of steak.

Still puzzled by the "bland" complaints myself. Especially when I look at these shots:

wwIZInj.png

h4KJaUt.png

gwvYmHH.png

0A8TsJs.jpg

I'm not really getting the complaints or Origins comparisons either. Aside from the train sequence, this doesn't really look at all like Origins did.

I remember someone mentioning a quote from James Mangold about how the film would have a bit of a "film noir" feel. Just from looking at the screencaps post, particularly the ones that take place in Japan, I can already see what Mangold was talking about.

He was replaced by Ross Emery.

Great shot. Saying a film is bland doesn't mean there are no great shots in the film at all. This isn't a low budget student film.

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-10a.jpg
What's special about the shot on the left? It's a low angle establishing shot. Okay. The building that's the highlight of the shot isn't impressive either. The shot on the right is a generic temple shot I've seen a thousand times over. With the same basic color temperature.

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-15c.jpg

What's so great about this shot? Wolverine is striking a cool pose, I suppose? The shot doesn't have anything interesting going on in lighting or composition. The pagoda in foreground and the foes surrounding him aren't specially well composed. It's not supposed to be. It's an action shot. That shot cannot be appreciated as a still.

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-17.jpg

Standard Hollywood composition. Standard Hollywood color scheme.

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-25b.jpg

This shot is great for it's fight choreography. Nothing interesting is otherwise going on with the lighting. Indeed the same rote teal/sepia contrast is being used.

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-31a.jpg

A standard Hollywood subjective reverse shot, only this time overwhelmed with an offensive amount of teal.

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-8.jpg

Thank you for this. Now this is a legitimately great shot. Strangely enough, I don't at all remember this shot from the trailers. Guess it went by too swiftly.

Besides the fact that it's been done in Superman 2,

So a "losing powers" plot point can never be used again because it was in Superman II? I will never get that kind of point of view. Anything somilar to something else always seems to be treated in such a egative light these days. For me it's more about the context of it all and how it's executed.

Losing powers was also done in Spider-Man 2. (Not saying this as a critique, just observing)

I agree with Excelsior that the cinematography and aesthetic of it all is nothing special from what we have seen so far. It's serviceable at best.

I wanna see a shot of Logan like meditating out in the countryside with the sunset/rise behind him or something.

I've finally read the 4 issue mini. Can someone recommend a good story with Silver Samurai?

sucks that they never made this movie...or even it's atmosphere.
wolverine-origin.jpg

things have come a long ways since 2000, hugh jackman has been at this for a short lifetime.
loganfights.jpg

Uh so...question. If Wolverine has no memories pre-1980s...is he going to remember this Japanese guy he saved in WWII????

I've finally read the 4 issue mini. Can someone recommend a good story with Silver Samurai?

The two Uncanny X-Men issues that continues directly from the mini. #172 and 73.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"