The Wolverine THE WOLVERINE Trailer Thread - Second Teaser Online May 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect there are a few stories that could be told that aren't FX heavy.

With this film, 3 out of the 5 X-Men films will have been mainly about the giving and/or taking away of mutant powers. Four if you loosely count X-Men Origins with the Weapon X/XI stuff.

Its actually not rare in comic-book stories and it was already done before in other superhero films. So this concept of losing powers isn't really new.

The trailer of The Wolverine kinda reminded me of Spider-Man 2.

With this film, 3 out of the 5 X-Men films will have been mainly about the giving and/or taking away of mutant powers. Four if you loosely count X-Men Origins with the Weapon X/XI stuff.

Origins definitely counts as it's Wolverine's first solo film, it's still an X-Men film, and involved stealing/giving powers.

What really kills me about these films is that they should be about acceptance and loving who you are...and in most of the films they make mutations seem like something you can turn on and off...

wolverinevstrex.jpg

Cool! I didn't see the trailer when I saw Star Trek yesterday, but the trailers they showed were mostly for comedies or movies coming in out in the fall.

Star Trek was fabulous, btw. :up:

Origins definitely counts as it's Wolverine's first solo film, it's still an X-Men film, and involved stealing/giving powers.

What really kills me about these films is that they should be about acceptance and loving who you are...and in most of the films they make mutations seem like something you can turn on and off...

That's a very good point - and worth them considering for future stories.

However, if they include Sinister, that's about experimenting on mutants (he does that to himself to mutate himself, and modifies mutants' powers), and if they do Apocalypse, that's also about changing mutants (into horsemen), perhaps under the guise of curing them (as in the 90s animated series).

I don't know off the top of my head how you get away from the central idea of human evolution and wanting to eradicate, manipulate or accelerate that change. Classic stories like the legacy virus, Mutant Massacre, House of M, all centre on those ideas.

I hope this one brings some of the hype I lost from the just OK teaser back.

Too dang long! lol... Hoping we see more of the action in this trailer as opposed to the story. The first trailer was pretty story/plot heavy.

Then why are we countingdown to an hour left haha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"