The Wolverine THE WOLVERINE Trailer Thread - Second Teaser Online May 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to see if in the trailer there is a certain scene i have read in a first draft of the script...really curious.

Better then the other trailer for sure. Looking forward to this. :up:

I actually like that the trailer opens with the twisted Jean Grey dream sequence. It gives us a good idea of Wolverine's state of mind and has more impact than anything in Origins. Still unsure about Yukio's action scenes, and I'm not a fan of Viper's tongue, but I feel better about the film than I did after the first trailer. I think there's probably a solid Wolverine movie here. It doesn't look like a bunch of fluff, suffering from cameo diarrhea, like its predecessor.

Last edited:
yeah it is very obvious yukio actress isn't a martial artist her movements are a bit robotic and slow

Just didn't feel like I saw anything new. I guess the first teaser just showed too much. MOS felt like night and day between it's first two. I was hoping for the same with this.

One thing I'm worried about is that there looks like a few classic Fox choices in here. Snake Woman and Robo Samurai can go horribly wrong and end up looking dumb. I don't see why they coulnd't have worked out like they were in the books. Fox always complains about how certain things can't fit in Wolverines world and then they go and make characters more ridiculous themselves. The changes better be awesome this time around. Even if not, at least it isn't Gambit and Deadpool level characters.

Last edited:
I feel like Fox made a huge mistake here.They reallly didn't go much Into
japanese story.After teaser we all get wolverine will be exposed to toxins
that will leave him without healing factor.

We are getting almost nothing on Mariko.

It's obvious their crack marketing people:doh: are selling this film on Hugh
jackman as wolverine,his losing healing factor,and him In battles with Ninjas.
They are kinda forgetting you need to get Into story In trailers.

The trailers would have you think Yuriko Is female lead of film.

This trailer shows more of shingen,and you get hints of viper working for him against Wolverine but aside from giant suit we get nothing on Silver samurai.

They spoiled
Jean grey's appearance is dream and hallunication.

Now this still Is antiOrigins In nature.It seems like till screenings happen we
won't get a good sense of actual plot of film.

I feel like Fox made a huge mistake here.They reallly didn't go much Into
japanese story.After teaser we all get wolverine will be exposed to toxins
that will leave him without healing factor.

We are getting almost nothing on Mariko.

It is weird they aren't focusing on her. Kinda important.

They are kinda forgetting you need to get Into story In trailers.

Er? Trailers aren't supposed to give away every bit of a story, just an idea. I think this trailer does exactly that. I get that you respect the original story and all, but it isn't the job of the trailer to reassure you that everything will be just as it was in the comics.

Yeah, Mariko's absence is notable (to us, at least), and I'm surprised they didn't show more of Viper or Silver Samurai in action. The train sequence effects look better, though.

I know it's a comic book movie. But the part with the bottle was kinda dumb. Hilarious that they use the clishe of, once the blade is sheathed away, everything cut falls apart.

Other than this minor nitpick, it looked good.

I liked the Jean grey sequence at the beginning and the whole trailer as well. It looks like Wolverine's finally learnt some sort of fighting skill as a opposed to just slicing and dicing whatever he sees. The train sequence looks so much better. Can't wait to see this,

iS4t6lQAYHUkj.gif

Loved the trailer here personally. :up:

I will say that the beginning was unintentionally funny for some reason. Loved the rest of the trailer though. Awesome brief glimpse of the activated Murumasa blade near the end there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"