The Wolverine THE WOLVERINE Trailer Thread - Second Teaser Online May 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the shots of Logan being tethered down by ninjas. It's more evocative and animalistic than anything in the first. Still not entirely sure about the film but looking forward to finding out.

Famke looks incredible as always. Looks like she got some fun material to play with too.

I think that mech Silver Samurai just killed my interest in this film. This had some X-Men Origins vibes for me since the first trailer and that CGI mech just screams typical shlocky Fox action film.

I liked the trailer, it looks like a decent movie. It might surprise people.

I how Famke is so absolutely gorgeous but on a dime, she can scare the crap out of you. :hrt: that was awesome and unsettling. "It's too latE!"

While there was a lot of footage we have seen I think that was a really well cut together trailer that got across the weight of the jounrey Wolverine will go on in the film as well as showcasing his Yukio and giving erxtra glimpses at the cool looking action sequences and The Silver Samurai. :up:

iS4t6lQAYHUkj.gif

Oh it's on! :D I notice we see him in the regular armor as well.

Things I Liked: Yukio, fight choreography, Camera choreography, Sanada, jean, and the last shot of the trailer.

Not so much: tongue, not much Mariko,

Spoilers

Did anyone catch this in the trailer? [BLACKOUT]Something may have happened to Wolverine's Blades[/BLACKOUT]

Image13.jpg
Image14.jpg

I thought the trailer looked really cool. I want to see Wolverine completely lose it; haven't seen that since X2.

Things I Liked: Yukio, fight choreography, Camera choreography, Sanada, jean, and the last shot of the trailer.

Not so much: tongue, not much Mariko,

Spoilers

Did anyone catch this in the trailer? [BLACKOUT]Something may have happened to Wolverine's Blades[/BLACKOUT]

Image13.jpg
Image14.jpg

And there's also the remains of Viper's skin-shedding on the floor of that walkway.​

Now i've seen it... i was hoping for much more.. looked like a extended teaser version...completely generic..the music is worse than the teaser.. not memorable as i was expecting.. theres was no imagination, no creativity..
hope for another trailer

It does seem smaller story-wise than the previous teaser and its varations. Which is a bummer.

This should have been the first Wolverine movie. The plot sounds interesting, however, Jackman seems really hammy.

Interesting trailer the beginning with jean felt weird i still like the first trailer I feel like they didn't show a thing new but that's what I thought about the recent mos trailer too

I wonder if they will focus or even talk about Logan - Mariko context and the fact they cant be together because of the her marriage and family.. they completely forgot about that..

And i want to see viper being a badass mother..., i want to see her in action also, but i think she is there just for the venom, and she wont have action and fighting scenes...

I think that mech Silver Samurai just killed my interest in this film. This had some X-Men Origins vibes for me since the first trailer and that CGI mech just screams typical shlocky Fox action film.

My thoughts exactly. I was concerned before, and the concern just skyrocketed.

I think this looks great.

And I am certainly of the opinion that trailers should NOT give away too much of a movie's story. They should be a tease to give a general idea of the type of movie you'll be seeing, not a cliff notes version of the movie. It's terrible when trailers do that.

Anyway, really looking forward to this.

I'm glad they toned down the color saturation. The movie LOOKS much better. Yet I wonder if even a lifetime of tinkering may make the Silver Samurai look anything but bad. He made the samurai's in sucker punch look respectable, yikes.

I'm still iffy on the ninja scene .. seems way too staged. But I really liked that trailer.

Doesn't look like the movie I wanted or even thought it would be. But I must say, what's there looks good for the most part. From what we see, I don't mind either snake woman Viper or mecha Silver Samurai. Infact, the latter looks pretty cool.

What I do hope is that the trailer is selling on Jackman, the healing plot point and the fighting; and that the final movie has more heart, weight and story.

Nothing looks outright bad in the trailer. I think at the very least this will be a solid Wolverine flick. Still I can't deny that, considering my love for the story it's based on, I had hoped for something more special.

Last edited:
Thought trailer was alright. Just felt like an extended version of the teaser.

On the brighter side of things, Yuki/Shingen action!

:wolverine
I sense a sort of mutual respect for one another in this scene. Yuki thinks she's blocked a strike with ease but Shingen counters with an even more impressive move.

I got a feeling this is going to be the best Wolverine movie to date ... maybe.

This got me more excited for the flick but it looks like more of the same. Since its the only thing coming out that weekend I'll see it but I won't be midnighting this one.

Nice new trailer. :) Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back