The Wolverine The Wolverine Unleashed Extended Edition Blu-Ray: December 3

Old Wolverine

Civilian
Reaction score
Epic EXTENDED cut could make a boat load of cash for fans who want more Wolverine

Mangold discussed that there was at least 10 to 12 minutes which could have been included in an unrated version. Some of the 12 minutes would include a giant ninja battle scene from the third act.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wolv...ctor-Cut-Explains-Surprising-PG-13-38674.html

Anyone care to help put together what was missing. I think a good chunk of the Ninja scene which Mangold cut to move the film along. Sadly I think he chose wrong. The Ninja scene cut was his only mistake IMHO!

What scenes are actually missing that we noticed from trailers and pictures?

REMEMBER TO HIDE SPOILERS

Last edited:
What I know to be missing from the ninja fight is

Wolverine with a cigar
Yukio
Explosion

Here's a scene description of more of the ninja scene!

As the night wore on, we returned to the Ice Village set where David Leitch had resumed filming the big battle scene with the ninjas. There we finally saw what we had come to see – Hugh Jackman in action as Wolverine. Seeing him with the iconic claws and hair while surrounded by bloodthirsty ninjas was quite a sight. As my fellow press realized, this was Jackman's sixth time to play Wolverine in a feature film (counting cameos). That's a superhero record when you consider that Christopher Reeve played Superman four times, Robert Downey Jr. played Iron Man five times (don't forget "The Incredible Hulk"), and Samuel L. Jackson played Nick Fury five times (and about to tie for six with Captain America: The Winter Soldier).

In the scene we watched being filmed, Logan hangs onto the top of a snowplow being driven by Yukio, played by Rila Fukushima. As the snowplow races down the street, a dozen angry ninjas chase it while another dozen descend from the village roofs overhead. The snowplow then spins out of control as Wolverine hangs on for dear life. As exciting as it is to be a fly on the wall while watching filming, it is also an undeniably slow and repetitive process. We watched Hugh Jackman hang onto the roof as it spun around again. And again. And again. That being said, the other press and I were happy true believers watching it be filmed.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/176941-from-the-set-of-the-wolverine

Images of other parts coming soon...

I'm happy the explosion didn't make the cut, I don't like the camera work.

But like I said, the ninja scene should have been way better! Its Wolverine against dozens of ninjas and it ended in like 2 minutes.

Eh, I'm for it only if it actually adds to the characters/story. I'm satisfied with the fact that Wolverine probably killed about 30 people, including some key characters.

To me, it all depends on Mangold's vision. If he cut stuff because the studio wanted a shorter runtime, or he cut stuff because PG-13 had to happen, then if it reflects his original vision I don't have a problem with an unrated and/or extended cut. So long as he's not revising it decades later like George Lucas did to his work and directors. lol

What I want is an edit of all X-Men films without the continuity errors and some additional scenes that will make the films better (especially X3).

I've rarely met a director's cut I didn't like. They are usually a big improvement. I would be sure to buy it.

Most of the riding and driving is done by a female character named Yukio who nicks vehicles from her wealthy boss and uses them to perform “hard stops, hard pull-ins, and pulling in to tiny spaces at high speed,’’ said Mangold.

“But we’re the movie about a guy with claws, so the real action in our film is more hand-to-hand and physical.’’

Despite the limited screen time, the Ducati Diavel and The Wolverine are a “perfect fit,’’ said Stefano Sbettega, marketing and communications director for Ducati North America in Cupertino, Calif.

“It’s a fantastic combination of what the motorcycle represents and the Wolverine, who is somehow devilish and has a huge following all over the world.’’

The devil, or Diavel, has been on the market two years but is getting the film treatment for the first time through The Wolverine, in which it will be ridden by Hugh Jackman (a motorcyclist in real life) as well as the Yukio character, Sbettega said.

http://jacksonville.com/autos/2013-05-17/story/geared-action

Unused Ninja fight content images:

w0gba8f.jpg

8BbSLpJ.jpg

b1sTF1Q.jpg

q4S9Yb4.jpg

Last edited:
There was also a footage where Dr. Green was holding Yashida's shoulder.

I don't think I've seen that in the final product.

There's a clip in the tv spots where Wolverine says, "A lot of people have tried to kill me, but I'm still here." I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the movie.

I'm waiting on the Unrated Blu-ray :D. But I can't believe one of the reviews said they couldn't understand why there wasn't much blood when Wolverine is slicing and dicing.

Did they watch the film? Wolverine has blood all over his claws during his fights and he himself was covered in blood quite a bit. If anything; I was surprised they showed as much blood as they did.

Not to mention, [BLACKOUT]he cut open his chest, and dug around for a bug on his heart with his own hand!!![/BLACKOUT]

After we saw the movie last night, my sister said that as soon as he said, "You're not gonna want to see this!", she took his his advice and hid her eyes for the rest of it. :funny:

Not to mention, [BLACKOUT]he cut open his chest, and dug around for a bug on his heart with his own hand!!![/BLACKOUT]

After we saw the movie last night, my sister said that as soon as he said, "You're not gonna want to see this!", she took his his advice and hid her eyes for the rest of it. :funny:

LOL...yes that was very unexpected. But very cool..and the build-up aftewards was just awesome.

And it's cool to see you on Blu-ray.com :D

LOL...yes that was very unexpected. But very cool..and the build-up aftewards was just awesome.

And it's cool to see you on Blu-ray.com :D

I had NO idea that scene was coming. It was awesome. :wow:

Cool to see you there too!

I noticed how truncated the Ninja fight scene was which was a bit disappointing, but knowing it will be in the directors cut is good news. :D

The two bits I noticed that were missing in particular were the Ninja driving down the roof on the bike and Wolverine slashing one of the bikes.

There's a clip in the tv spots where Wolverine says, "A lot of people have tried to kill me, but I'm still here." I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the movie.

I'm pretty sure that line was in there, he says it when Yukio is begging him not try and remove the bug from his heart.

I noticed how truncated the Ninja fight scene was which was a bit disappointing, but knowing it will be in the directors cut is good news. :D

The two bits I noticed that were missing in particular were the Ninja driving down the roof on the bike and Wolverine slashing one of the bikes.

I'm pretty sure that line was in there, he says it when Yukio is begging him not try and remove the bug from his heart.

That line was said when he was in the car with Yukio; before he went up to see "Nostromo" as he called him :D

That line was said when he was in the car with Yukio; before he went up to see "Nostromo" as he called him :D

That's where it was! I couldn't remember if it was there or not.

I cracked up when he called him Nostromo. :funny:

Ah, thanks, I knew he said it to Yukio. :D

They had my favourite exchange of the film just after that.

Yukio "How did you know there was a pool down there?"

Logan "I didn't"

:funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"