BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
1963001_287595291434329_1124545813_n.jpg

Another suit of Wondy in the actual series.

weird anatomy + weird designs + weird colors = 90s

October issue, Empire magazine... I know magazines edits the images, but are we seeing the most probable suit colors?
tumblr_ncmhq6DI2w1s6ubfio1_500.jpg

Not sure if it's the lighting or the skirt is really indigo, but either way, I like those colors.

Im "alrite"with the costume we got but I still prefer this one
tumblr_n8ui5vsxKq1qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

I knowits forbidden to say but its my opinion

Muted colours aside, they are actually very similar. I don't like the opera gloves or the unnecessarily fussy skirt in the design above, though.

Muted colours aside, they are actually very similar. I don't like the opera gloves or the unnecessarily fussy skirt in the design above, though.

The Cape shield and sword design add a certain level of majesty that I dont see in the BVS costume.

And the colors add such an eyepopping beauty.

The Cape shield and sword design add a certain level of majesty that I dont see in the BVS costume.

And the colors add such an eyepopping beauty.

I've read several times on different boards that Gal will have a shield in BvS. It just wasn't shown in the first official costume reveal.

I've read several times on different boards that Gal will have a shield in BvS. It just wasn't shown in the first official costume reveal.

That might explain the odd strapping across her chest which unnecessarily disrupts the combination Eagle/WW symbol on her chest. It appears as though she might store the sword on her left hip (to balance the lasso on the right hip), so the shoulder strapping could be to store a shield on her back.

Although, compared to the rest of the costume, the shoulder strapping seems like an unrefined and last minute addition, so perhaps it has another purpose? Personally, I would like to see it removed.

I think it's 500x worse than the actual costume. I don't like anything about the costume in that drawing and it barely resembles a Wonder Woman costume at all.

I like that costume as a starting point, but it's not screaming WW to me. It's too red, the chest symbol is at best ambiguous, and the lack of stars and white and the small amount of blue don't help either. The colors might or might not be as muted as some think on Gal's outfit, but the colors seem to be there, and BOTH of WW's traditional insignia can be clearly identified. Not to mention the general cut of Gal's suit makes it a clear real world analog of WW's classic outfit, while not actually being a one piece bathing suit. Gal's suit is obviously inspired by the classic WW suit, but not beholden to it, yet still, at first glance you can tell she's Wonder Woman. That says it all, I think.

Im "alrite"with the costume we got but I still prefer this one
tumblr_n8ui5vsxKq1qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

I knowits forbidden to say but its my opinion

I agree Completely that pic is far more Beautiful than the BVS costume.

That being said the BVS is more easily recongnisable as Wonderwoman.

That might explain the odd strapping across her chest which unnecessarily disrupts the combination Eagle/WW symbol on her chest. It appears as though she might store the sword on her left hip (to balance the lasso on the right hip), so the shoulder strapping could be to store a shield on her back.

Although, compared to the rest of the costume, the shoulder strapping seems like an unrefined and last minute addition, so perhaps it has another purpose? Personally, I would like to see it removed.

It’s called a “Sam Browne belt” (combination belt and shoulder strap) - which apparently made drawing swords and pistols from scabbards and holsters easier.

As for its purpose… A strapless bustier has always been dubious as a practical uniform for an action hero (especially one who’s… well endowed). And there have been various attempts (both official and in fan manips) to fix this. On the other hand, strapless for WW is fairly iconic. So the “Sam Browne belt” preserves that look while providing some much needed “security.” :word:

It’s called a “Sam Browne belt” (combination belt and shoulder strap)

Oh. So, it's actually attached to the bodice/corset and is helping to hold it up? That makes sense, although I personally think that some subtle straps in the same material as the bodice would have been less obtrusive.

Or is it a separate piece, but necessary because if Wonder Woman otherwise carried a sword or shield on her back, then the weight would drag down the bodice and expose her chest? I guess that also makes sense.

Either way, I hope the Sam Browne belt is removable on the Wonder Woman action figure/doll as I much prefer the costume without it.

I think making any of Wonder Woman's clothes removable on the action figures is generally a bad idea.

I think making any of Wonder Woman's clothes removable on the action figures is generally a bad idea.

Hey, my original Princess Leia doll back in the day had removable clothing...I could never get her hair back in those perfect buns though... :csad:

At the risk of reigniting old arguments, the original Xena: Warrior Princess action figures featured removable dresses/armour. Of course, they painted on underwear to prevent anyone from getting too excited about that particular "action feature".

500x better?! Really?! I think you're being a litle dramatic here. What we got is pretty faithful to the comics.
The problem is that the comics suit sucks. It's one of the worst, most cluttered and cheesiest suits in comics. Not to mention that she never had a consistent look with the rest of the Amazons who are usually in hoplite armors, while Diana herself is dressed like a stripper in the US flag. Yes, i went there.

So maybe this is one of the times that they shouldnt have been faithful to the comics, and instead given us a better suit that maybe the comics could then use too. Just like how comics Batman now a wears a suit that has no underpants and looks like armor instead of bodypaint.

...while Diana herself is dressed like a stripper in the US flag. Yes, i went there.
Go there again and you'll be going out of the thread permanently. If you can't manage to keep your contributions away from nonsensical rhetoric, don't bother contributing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"