BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like that War design more with the gold. Looks loads better. Didnt care for it too much in the film.

My attempt at manipping an existing Artemis WW concept from an unknown artist...

WW_compare.png

That's awesome, batfan. :up:

^Yeah if they were blue I feel like I'd like them more. The would balance the look more.

I don't think the shoulder pads there really join up with the cuirass in a way that makes them seem like part of the same design.

It's going to be exciting to see which concept comes the closest to the actual suit.

It's going to be exciting to see which concept comes the closest to the actual suit.

I was thinking this too. We should have a poll to vote which costume we're expecting the actual suit will resemble most.

tumblr_n2x4mhVeuy1ts6tw4o1_1280.jpg

love the skirt of this one, love the tiara, maybe with modification of the top would be awesome...
Art made by
Gilbert Monsanto

tumblr_n2wb59OitW1svw2c2o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2wgcckkIt1satjspo1_1280.png

This is a nice concept. Good skirt, nice top..

Are those 2 thin straps on either side, or one strap on either side with edging? Since it's not colored in, I can't tell. Nice job otherwise :yay:
Red straps with gold trimming.

Outside of the Lasso, which for my money will most likely have CG elements, how much CGI do we think is possible for Diana's costume, ala Cav-el's cape?

tumblr_n2wb59OitW1svw2c2o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2wgcckkIt1satjspo1_1280.png

This is a nice concept. Good skirt, nice top..

Those are great. The first one needs straps, but that's about all. I usually like leather segmented skirts, but that cloth one looks good.
Outside of the Lasso, which for my money will most likely have CG elements, how much CGI do we think is possible for Diana's costume, ala Cav-el's cape?

Other than the lasso and a cape (if they give her one), I don't see a need for CGI.

I am at a loss for how CG could help or be integrated into Dian's costume as well, but, then again, I thought it was indulgent to do Supe's cape as a CG element before I saw MOS as well, and ended up liking that.

Is it possible that Diana gets a total CG outfit?

I am at a loss for how CG could help or be integrated into Dian's costume as well, but, then again, I thought it was indulgent to do Supe's cape as a CG element before I saw MOS as well, and ended up liking that.

Is it possible that Diana gets a total CG outfit?

Anything is possible, but I don't see why they'd go that route. To be honest, I didn't see why Zod needed a total CGI suit in Mos. Why couldn't they have made that armor out of lighter materials like Faora's suit?

There are many practical reasons to do such things that affect the shooting of a film. For one, time. Costuming touch ups, bathroom breaks and an actor overheating all add up, and as they say, time is money. They chose to have a more elaborate design for Zod and compared to Faora, one that could not as easily be created in a nuts and bolts fashion. For myself, I think it came of incredibly well. It wasn't until I saw the MOS extras disc that I even knew Zod and Jor-el's outfits were totally mocapped on them for their fight. I was blown away. So I could see Zack perhaps going that way for Diana. I mean, I hope that her action scenes are at least as intense as the hand to hand stuff with Zod and Jor-el, so one way to give Gal total freedom of movement is to CG the Wondersuit. Again, I'm neither for nor against it, but what was done in MOS should tell us it could be done, and done well.

If they go with a more armored look... (Jon Kent voice)"Maybe."

I can see cgi happening for the midsection of her costume if they were to use the large eagle breastplate however, I'm ambivalent toward that approach because it seems kind of expensive and lazy.

I've seen some tiaras posted without the red sapphire star. The star is a must.

There are many practical reasons to do such things that affect the shooting of a film. For one, time. Costuming touch ups, bathroom breaks and an actor overheating all add up, and as they say, time is money. They chose to have a more elaborate design for Zod and compared to Faora, one that could not as easily be created in a nuts and bolts fashion. For myself, I think it came of incredibly well. It wasn't until I saw the MOS extras disc that I even knew Zod and Jor-el's outfits were totally mocapped on them for their fight. I was blown away. So I could see Zack perhaps going that way for Diana. I mean, I hope that her action scenes are at least as intense as the hand to hand stuff with Zod and Jor-el, so one way to give Gal total freedom of movement is to CG the Wondersuit. Again, I'm neither for nor against it, but what was done in MOS should tell us it could be done, and done well.
Even Faora's suit was unfomfortable. She said in an interview that she mock of Shannon first of the pijama but then while filming she said why don't I have one of those more comfortable ones.
I love Zod's suit (both). For me it didn't appear to be CGI. It was so real, so great.
I don't think we'll have a CGI suit for WW. because Wilkinson designed it and I think it will be useless to make him design somethin real for just CGI? Don't think so. maybe some part will be enhanced or if they decided to put uncomfortable things as the breast or little things I can see it.

Anything is possible, but I don't see why they'd go that route. To be honest, I didn't see why Zod needed a total CGI suit in Mos. Why couldn't they have made that armor out of lighter materials like Faora's suit?

I don't know, maybe because it won't be the same badass suit!!! :argh:
They came for an armor that was different for the rest of the army. His look was great and if it will traslade into real material it'll be a pain in the ***.

I don't know, maybe because it won't be the same badass suit!!! :argh:
They came for an armor that was different for the rest of the army. His look was great and if it will traslade into real material it'll be a pain in the ***.

I agree it was badass. I have nothing against it. I just wasn't sure that CGI was the only way to make that costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"