BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
even the demeanor of the character depicted there displays more henchman than proud warrior.

Here's a new redesign. Something a little more somber and less warrior 24/7.

10300807_747975348580096_4837839212574212423_n.jpg

Awesome!

Here's a new redesign. Something a little more somber and less warrior 24/7.

10300807_747975348580096_4837839212574212423_n.jpg
Top part and shoes are great. The skirt and belt looks a bit too busy. The midsection looks a bit unnaturally elongated too. Hips look a bit disproportionate. Did you take a picture of this with your phone bb?

One of deviantart's many redesigns. I, for one, think this looks mostly excellent. The arms would be changed and the chest symbol made larger.

wonder_woman_redesign__details_by_kirrasama-d6qrnzp.png

While I don't love the overall design, I think this image reinforces how much better Wonder Woman looks in a strapless top with bare shoulders. Granted, that should not be an excuse for oversexualizing her and giving her tons of cleavage. But as here, a modest neckline with bare shoulders gives off a certain classical and powerful vibe.

Top part and shoes are great. The skirt and belt looks a bit too busy. The midsection looks a bit unnaturally elongated too. Hips look a bit disproportionate. Did you take a picture of this with your phone bb?

The anatomy is fine ;)
If the midsection was any shorter, she would have no midsection. If anything, it could get away with being a tad elongated, especially considering the bend.
But yeah the skirt is a bit busy. I just tried to give her a classic star design but with different kind of stars.

But thanks for the constructive criticism. I've fixed some things I saw were just a little off.

Last edited:
It really is. Actually, I don't want to prod you or anything Batboy, but I'd really like to see that in color. You don't have to do that or anything, but I think it would look really good.

I've since ditched the stars on the skirt. Tbh, I don't even care much for stars on her design at all. I have it a gold trim at the bottom. Also adding Superman.

I'll color it eventually. A bit busy with a paid gig at the moment as well as a Cap A portrait piece.

Last edited:
^That one looks much better. Even the hips seem more proportioned.

Can you make a just concept design sketch to see how the skirt would look not in movement bb?

Yeah, sure.

But please, stop saying bb. It sounds like baby. Lmao

Thanks brah.

I'm far to lazy to actually write out your entire name so unless you have another option that is less or the same amount of energy...

I make no promises. :ninja:

Call me Matt lol.
Actually, I've been thinking of just changing my user name to my actual name. But haven't yet due to nostalgia. This is the the message board I've been on the longest lol.

I totally get that. I was going to change mine to but this is kind of my "brand name," if you will, for a lot of other things so I keep it.

Also I wanted to point out I love the intricacies of the breastplate in your drawing. Looks cool.:up:

Yeah, I go by my regular name(also my professional name because I'm obviously not going to want to be professionally referred to as "boy" for much longer) but I mean, I've had this name since I was around 12/13 lol

Yeah that's one of the reasons (apart from my stark laziness) that I find it weird to put "batboy" when I know your not a boy. You're a grown man. lmao

Here's something I did for fun the other day. I've never really drawn anything cartoony, but it just happened naturally.
And yes, she's in the traditional outfit, but it works for cartoons!

Last edited:
I've since ditched the stars on the skirt. Tbh, I don't even care much for stars on her design at all. I have it a gold trim at the bottom. Also adding Superman.

I'll color it eventually. A bit busy with a paid gig at the moment as well as a Cap A portrait piece.

I like this one better I think. I look forward to seeing what else you do with it.

Here's something I did for fun the other day. I've never really drawn anything cartoony, but it just happened naturally.
And yes, she's in the traditional outfit, but it works for cartoons!
Love this. Except the feet look a bit to waspy but everything else is really fun and even the traditional costume looks really cool in this context.

The feet are actually my favorite part. I love cartoons because of that. You can exaggerate things. I mean, you often see characters with weird feet.
I love those thin and long feet. They also convay the running motion. I want to draw more animated characters with feet like that.

Last edited:

Looks phenomenal. A very ethereal almost divine look for Wonder Woman, I think it would work great in the movies.

Pretty much what I was aiming for. Not too "warrior" as we see often in redesigns, but still capable.

The feet are actually my favorite part. I love cartoons because of that. You can exaggerate things. I mean, you often see characters with weird feet.
I love those thin and long feet. They also convay the running motion. I want to draw more animated characters with feet like that.
You're right that is totally a part of the style they just need to be a bit more... idk... clunky looking I guess then it will be perfect.

love seeing this style from you btw. It's awesome and I want moarrrr!:cmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back