BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish WB/Wilkinson would look at batboy's designs.

You're right that is totally a part of the style they just need to be a bit more... idk... clunky looking I guess then it will be perfect.

love seeing this style from you btw. It's awesome and I want moarrrr!:cmad:

Clunky is literally the complete opposite of what I went with/was going for. So yeah, not gonna happen lol.
They're delicate, feminine, but look like they'll send her flying super fast!

Yes, avoid 'clunky' at all costs. Busy rubber "armour" suits lie at the end of that dark road.

Agreed. Especially a character like Wonder Woman. clunky is one of the last words that should be associated with her look. Ever.
All the more clunky redesigns I've seen look like some random WoW character or something.

Thank god I am not doing these designs for anyone else but me. :funny:

I've since ditched the stars on the skirt. Tbh, I don't even care much for stars on her design at all. I have it a gold trim at the bottom. Also adding Superman.

I'll color it eventually. A bit busy with a paid gig at the moment as well as a Cap A portrait piece.

The upper part is very good, but below it look like she is wearing a towel.

Lol^

But I guess any normal skirt will look like a towel..

I wanted to avoid yet another battle skirt because we see it all too often around her. Also my idea is that a battle skirt could be added on top of the more simple skirt. (A nod to her first outfit). It's literally just a simple cloth skirt she wears when not in battle. Also with shorts under.

But hey, people see and like what they want. That's cool.
I'd encourage people to create their own designs.

It makes sense to me and pleases the folks who don't want something that looks like she's ready for battle all the time.

Pretty much what I wanted. I don't really want her to walk around with a battle skirt all the type. The same way I don't want her to be wearing shoulder covers or have a sword and shield all the time. She can have it, of course. But that's stuff she can add to her outfit when going into a fight.
That's not to say she can't fight in a simple skirt.

But like I said, people like what they like. That's totally cool. I don't mind if people don't like my idea.

Last edited:
I really hope she doesn't walk around in versions of a WW costume. Her alter ego as Diana Prince should allow her to wear normal every day cloths.

Agreed. Especially a character like Wonder Woman. clunky is one of the last words that should be associated with her look. Ever.
All the more clunky redesigns I've seen look like some random WoW character or something.

Thank god I am not doing these designs for anyone else but me. :funny:
In stylized art like this usually the feet are a bit more pronounced and larger than they should be not smaller for example:
wonder-woman-movie-diana.jpg

Animated+Wonder+Woman+2012.jpg

But your definitely right there is no right or wrong way. Just something I noticed about that art style. :)

:funny: :funny: what...

Clearly you haven't watched many cartoons if you think that's how feet should always be drawn. Flinstones, anyone? I wasn't going for that realistic style.

Please don't tell me that the feet should be larger rather than smaller. I know what I'm doing and what my style is and what I was going for.
I wasn't going for a more realistic style, so your examples aren't needed. I'm not here to copy a particular style. But really, I don't need to explain my style or what I was going for.

Last edited:
I think you could elaborate the shoulder part a bit more. The way it is now it seems to common, to similar to what normal clothes look like.

I think he might have been going for a more "normal clothes" look with this one, as opposed to a battle armor look.

Nor do I think the shoulders should be elaborated more, competing with the top. They're simple gold straps. I actually thought about putting some sort of engraved pattern in them, but felt it competed too much. And I actually don't think she needs anything at all on her shoulders. Which is also a reason I'm glad I ditched the stars on the skirt.

And I'm not really looking for suggestions on what to add to my particular design, sorry to say.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what you mean. As in shoulder guards? Something like what Xena has?

:funny: :funny: what...

Clearly you haven't watched many cartoons if you think that's how feet should always be drawn. Flinstones, anyone? I wasn't going for that realistic style.

Please don't tell me that the feet should be larger rather than smaller. I know what I'm doing and what my style is and what I was going for.
I wasn't going for a more realistic style, so your examples aren't needed. I'm not here to copy a particular style. But really, I don't need to explain my style or what I was going for.
What? I was just saying that I thought the art style seemed similar. I even said your way was fine too. Why all the sarcasm?:huh:

Let's all be friends, eh? Wonder Woman wouldn't approve of the bickering.

Was I bickering. I was just giving showing some art I thought was similar to another picture....

I'm so confused.:huh:

Because it's a little annoying when someone is suggesting how you should do something when it isn't even what you were aiming for. Even the examples you posted are pretty different from one another.

It's great you like it and are voicing your opinion, but please don't tell me how they usually are done when I was not even aiming for a style like that. I'm pretty aware usually of what I want in my art. Maybe it's not the way you would do it or someone else would, but that's totally okay.

I can say whatever I want as long as I'm respectful which I thought I was. I was not meaning to offend you but the way you reacted to some crit is a little extreme dontcha think (especially since you give it out all the time unsolicited)?

It's not really criticism when someone is telling you how YOUR style should be.

And I can take constructive criticism. I've gotten it from people a lot more experienced in the subject matter from both you and I.

I'm fine with peoples criticisms. I'm not fine with someone telling me how a particular style is usually done by others. That isn't my style or what I even went with. If I was copying that style/image 100%, then that would be different.

But anyway....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"