BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so sad when I see Diana side by side with Superman and Batman. Why can't she stop being so underdressed?
judging you right now

her costume is freaking iconic. it's classic. i see no problem with it

I like this one also. Maybe the addition of one connected shoulder pauldron would complete the top and keep gravity magic during battle unneeded, without just throwing straps into the design which in the last couple pages have just given a tank-top look to the outfit.
Definitely delete the choker at that point.
Covering up legs in this style just because someone may be uncomfortable looking at skin, but perfectly fine with looking at the violent image of a bloodied head removed from a body, is asinine.
I see nothing wrong with how skin is exposed here, the outfit is quite tasteful in its depiction in that regard.

I agree. /small voice but I like the choker.

Such love for the straps. I personally will never get it, especially since it has never been fundamentally part of her normal outfit.

Plus, I think that specific pictures adequately shows how badass and powerful Diana can look without it. Minus the choker and the abundance of stars, I'd be ecstatic if that's what the movie suit looked like. I'd have zero complaints.

I'm very comfortable with changes to her normal outfit because frankly, her normal outfit is atrocious at worst and "bleh" at best. To be honest, it saddens me that some consider it "iconic."
I feel so sad when I see Diana side by side with Superman and Batman. Why can't she stop being so underdressed?

Hey, I tried to use pics were she had more clothes on. At least I didn't post the classic costume. I thought those pics were more tasteful.

Such love for the straps. I personally will never get it, especially since it has never been fundamentally part of her normal outfit.

Plus, I think that specific pictures adequately shows how badass and powerful Diana can look without it. Minus the choker and the abundance of stars, I'd be ecstatic if that's what the movie suit looked like. I'd have zero complaints.

Well with a desing that puts straps that are atached to the top and look as one pice I'd be glad.
And yeah, that's a great costume.

Last edited:
I'm very comfortable with changes to her normal outfit because frankly, her normal outfit is atrocious at worst and "bleh" at best.
That's fine, but even the picture posted is an alteration to the traditional costume and I think it's one of the best redesigns I've seen. You have the same problems with that as is?

To be honest, it saddens me that some consider it "iconic."
Iconic imagery is irrespective of an inherent good/bad value. It only denotes its staying power and recognition among the masses. By that definition, I don't think it could be argued her suit is anything but iconic.

Whether you find the imagery itself to be tasteful or not, is another matter entirely.

That's fine, but even the picture posted is an alteration to the traditional costume and I think it's one of the best redesigns I've seen. You have the same problems with that as is?

Iconic imagery is irrespective of an inherent good/bad value. It only denotes its staying power and recognition among the masses. By that definition, I don't think it could be argued her suit is anything but iconic.

Whether you find the imagery itself to be tasteful or not, is another matter entirely.

I have no problems with redesigns that use classic elements, as long as they eliminate the offensive aspects of it. I'm not arguing that it's not iconic either, I just think the fact that people consider it iconic is sad because it's an awful affliction on a great character IMO.

I have no problems with redesigns that use classic elements, as long as they eliminate the offensive aspects of it.
I've only ever found the panties to be a bit silly, so any addition on that area has always removed my distaste for her look overall.

Whether it be a skirt, battle skirt, or pants. Generally I've been pleased with elevating Diana's presence both as a superheroine and a female icon.

I think people confuse ''more clothes/more tastefully covered'' with ''WE WANT HER TO COVER EVERYTHING! NO SKIN SHOWING EVER!''

Have you guys seen Black Canary on Arrow?
arrow_caity_lotz.jpg

bop-arrow11111-horz.jpg
url
arrow_13951521185180.jpg

I mean on her civilian costume she's slender but hot and sexy. But that's a different story with her costume. She looks gorgeous and more built and her breast definitely looks bigger (I'm not suggesting she needs to be that cover for WW, I only refering on the effects of body built behind production). But the primary thing is that she does look like a FIGHTER. So if they can do this in a show, Imagine what can they do in a movie.

Last edited:
wow, gotta catch that show. I like how they kept the basic net detail in the pants. nice departure from her normal fishnets that even Smallville stuck to...
Green_Arrow_Black_Canary_Smallville-Black-Canary.jpg

WW doesn't need to have pants (although I'd be fine if she did). She just needs to ditch the swimsuit costume for someone a little more practical and befitting her character. As for the straps, the reason for having them is simple. It's to provide an plausible explanation as to why the top of her costume doesn't fall down whenever she fights or does any strenuous physical activity.

IbWZj7X.jpg

I hope you aren't talking about this, because it's my favorite costume ;)

I think the lack of armor makes her look bolder, and before someone cries sexist, I think Batman and many other superheroes are overarmored.

That to me doesn't look out of place at all. It tells us her character of a confident warrior woman from another place entirely.

Guys this with straps and minus a couple of those stars would be so perfect
667bf468be3c23fb232e9a403a92c8c2.jpg
Brett Booth should be the new artist for WW dammit!

9pq0rc.gif

Yeah good image where he was able to take his time. But monthly?
bc41bba8cc800d6d4a5014836fa115ac.jpg

IbWZj7X.jpg

I hope you aren't talking about this, because it's my favorite costume ;)

I think the lack of armor makes her look bolder, and before someone cries sexist, I think Batman and many other superheroes are overarmored.

I like that even with the straps. I can live with it. Is that Cobie?

Have you guys seen Black Canary on Arrow?

bop-arrow11111-horz.jpg
url

Black Canary gets away with it to an extent because her traditional garb is modern biker-chic with mysteriously bare legs. It is a paradox in itself, and it doesn't really amount to a proper "costume". For all that, I think the redesign there looks boring and, as for T&A, they have merely replaced the "A" with the "T".

I presume the figure in the right is supposed to be Huntress. If so, she looks pretty bad. I think that represents the poor results delivered by attempts to tone down a bona fide superhero costume to a shapeless black thing with zips and buckles.

^ This. I think the Year One Huntress costume is the best.

They should stop being ashamed of the whole comic style.

Black Canary gets away with it to an extent because her traditional garb is modern biker-chic with mysteriously bare legs. It is a paradox in itself, and it doesn't really amount to a proper "costume". For all that, I think the redesign there looks boring and, as for T&A, they have merely replaced the "A" with the "T".

I presume the figure in the right is supposed to be Huntress. If so, she looks pretty bad. I think that represents the poor results delivered by attempts to tone down a bona fide superhero costume to a shapeless black thing with zips and buckles.
I like black canary costume and even being a tv show costume is pretty cool. My point wasn't that. What I was refering is that I think with Gal's phisique and movie tricks he will be even more fit that she would become IMO. I

They definitely ripped off Storms outfit from X: DOFP.
halle-berry-storm-xmen-days-of-future-past_1.png

Seriously...

Because they're both black and have buckles? I dont see that much of a similarity between the two besides those points.

That is...a weird costume.

Although, I don't want to complain too much about stuff like that because it's better than some swimsuit/leotard get-up. Not creative at all though.

as for T&A, they have merely replaced the "A" with the "T".

It wasn't until a recent episode that I noticed how much they pushed up her cleavage. I laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"