BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closer it reflects these the better.

9fac09257e7c79dc6ef4721f8dbb9b19.jpg

bruce+timm+wonder+woman+2.jpg

wonderwomanmckelvie.jpg

I wish they'd just release the picture of her costume so we could at least gets manips of THAT.

So bored seeing the same manips over and over and over...

^Though I agree with you I think we have got some very different interpretations of her costume as well as some that are not very different.

But don't like the top of that one.

That's a decent pants look, but I doubt they'd ever cover her up that much though. I can just see the teenage boys going on about how she should be shipped off to a nunnery. Sure, batman and superman are fully covered, but you know how it is with WW.

Honestly they took my design ideas I made a while back streamlined them and added pants in place of a battle skirt.

Not quite plagiarism but just enough to make me flattered and pissed all at the same time.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Captain Marvel

th

It's what the artist said they were going for...

http://io9.com/why-do-we-care-so-much-about-what-female-superheroes-we-1573674640

I did a Redesign of Wonder Woman which was sorta in line with the Captain Marvel update. I think certain characters, like Poison Ivy or Emma Frost for example, naturally lend themselves to revealing costumes but then you have Wonder Woman who looks insane when she's wading into a wall of warriors wearing bikini bottoms and a metal bra.

Honestly they took my design ideas I made a while back streamlined them and added pants in place of a battle skirt.

Not quite plagiarism but just enough to make me flattered and pissed all at the same time.

I like your design. :up:

That's a great article. Although the first part about the person who wrote about wonder girl is disturbing (but not surprising).

That's a great article. Although the first part about the person who wrote about wonder girl is disturbing (but not surprising).

You didn't hear about the Teen Titans thing? It was all over the place. It was part of the reason CBR pretty much deleted their entire forum. Somehow it was impossible for some people to see that Wonder Girl was pretty much Courtney Stodden in that pic, couldn't deal with someone pointing that out, and had to show one of the worst aspects of fandom to the world.

I like these ones more by far.

You didn't hear about the Teen Titans thing? It was all over the place. It was part of the reason CBR pretty much deleted their entire forum. Somehow it was impossible for some people to see that Wonder Girl was pretty much Courtney Stodden in that pic, couldn't deal with someone pointing that out, and had to show one of the worst aspects of fandom to the world.

I didn't hear about it, which is surprising since this type of thing interests me. Sounds terrible, but believable. I've seen and experienced less extreme, but similar things. People just don't want to hear that these costumes/drawings are ridiculous.

I didn't hear about it, which is surprising since this type of thing interests me. Sounds terrible, but believable. I've seen and experienced less extreme, but similar things. People just don't want to hear that these costumes/drawings are ridiculous.

Plus the anonymity the Internet provides is helpful.

Re: Design posted by Lencho01

That is awesome! But, it's not my preference for a "first appearance" or "origin" costume.

It would be great to see in "Justice League" as Wonder Woman's formally adopted "superhero" costume/uniform.

But, for Wonder Woman's first appearance/origin, I'd prefer to see something a little more Greek/Roman inspired to reflect her Amazonian/Themysciran heritage (although that itself is dependent upon how and if they choose to depict the Amazons in MOS2).

JL War outfit [pants edition] with more WW Gold and Red.

YPVWzwI.jpg

This one is interesting. This is what I was suggesting at the beginning of the year. That she needed a modern outfit like the Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) redesign that fully covered her. I've kinda backpedaled since then since the more you go this route, the less recognizable it becomes as Wonder Woman.

But I guess it just could take some getting used to. Which means it just has to be used enough and tweaked and refined until it is an associated visual look for the character.

I think for her solo film you go with something traditional (but with straps and skirt), and then for JL you give her something like this.

I doubt they even saw these. Just chalk it up to similar ideas.
(Im guessing you were referring to the WW redesign and not the Captain Marvel one?)
Damn. This is wicked. Her face is gorgeous.Not usually a fan of the fully covered redesigns, but I love this.

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm a member of CBR and can attest that it got really nasty. BTW, I didn't like the TT cover either. They turned WG the teenager into a pin-up model, eww.

Apparently it got so bad that it transcended the internet. Her bank account was almost hacked, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"