BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
in that episode she was most adorable
cEfJoMv.jpg

One of my favourite episodes of JL ever, that's the sort of stuff they could only get away with in animation, it was really fun to watch.

hey its been a while since I've seen this. the manip is still excellent after all this time. a SHHer made this, can't recall if it was Pimp or JMC or another WW regular

That's JMC's design

in that episode she was most adorable
cEfJoMv.jpg

Cosplayer usually go for Classic Wonder Woman outfit, not sure why this one went with hot shorts and long socks. :huh:
Because not all cosplayers want to do the same thing..?

Who says W'S costume is "royal armor?":huh:

Of course it's royal armor. Did you forget that Diana is royalty? And her costume is described as armor? 1+1

Problem is too many people forget that and focus mainly on her being a warrior which they equate with common Greek soldiers but even Greek generals wore fancier armor. Her armor should be classy because her armor is either royalty or a gift from the gods.

Royal Amazons:

111211_wonderwoman.jpg

Regular Amazons:

Amazone.jpg

Last edited:
Still doesn't explain why it looks almost exactly like a modern-day one-piece swimsuit.

Wonder Woman costume is utterly ridiculous on a serious environment.

What if WW first appears with a greek/roman-esque battle armor/skirt that gets, eventually, all wrecked after a battle and later on, Superman provides her with kryptonian tech and WW makes a new suit/adaptation creating a tights/pant version?

What if I'd stop talking?

Still doesn't explain why it looks almost exactly like a modern-day one-piece swimsuit.

Exactly what I was thinking. They might try to say it's armor in the comics, but it makes for pretty ridiculous "armor."

That's why the costume's material shouldn't be mainly leather or ordinary human materials because it would be just as flimsy as a swimsuit.

Leather can be as stiff as a board, if it is thick enough and cured in the right way. I think it is a fairly sensible base for the costume, given that the Amazons appear to use pre-industrial manufacturing techniques and fabrics.

What if WW first appears with a greek/roman-esque battle armor/skirt that gets, eventually, all wrecked after a battle and later on, Superman provides her with kryptonian tech and WW makes a new suit/adaptation creating a tights/pant version?

What if I'd stop talking?

I love Superman but not only do I not think Amazons should be Kryptonian descendants but I also don't believe the Amazons need Kryptonian tech to make their armor or battledress. Heck, WW's brother, Haphaestus, is a blacksmith to the gods. He can make armor fit for a, well, goddess. :woot:

Has Gal's costume inspired this newly announced statue/figure:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would assume it is a coincidence. The loin-cloth has been used before, after all.

Those heels are insane, incidentally.

jmc will scratch all your eyes out. :p

What I learned over the years of doing various WW manips is that's it's extremely hard to please people when it comes to the design.

What I learned over the years of doing various WW manips is that's it's extremely hard to please people when it comes to the design.

Not even a little scratch? :(

Nice looking statue - except for the length of the cape, almost perfect.

Wasn't there talk that we may get the loincloth look for Gadot's costume from the designer or was that all speculation fueled by a vague tweet?

Either way I expect the loincloth with the pants underneath.

I personally think the costume should be reinvented altogether into a bad ass gladiator look, no stars or stripes. Whereas with Superman and Batman you can modernise them (remove the underwear, darken the colours etc) the Wonder Woman costume is a poor design and needs an overhaul all over starting with that ridiculous tiara.

How about no.

Of course it's royal armor. Did you forget that Diana is royalty? And her costume is described as armor? 1+1

Problem is too many people forget that and focus mainly on her being a warrior which they equate with common Greek soldiers but even Greek generals wore fancier armor. Her armor should be classy because her armor is either royalty or a gift from the gods.

Royal Amazons:

111211_wonderwoman.jpg

Regular Amazons:

Amazone.jpg
I appreciate your thoughts but you are missing a key factor... story. In most telling of her origin the "armor" is not ever meant for her but whoever was chosen from the tournament.

By the way the New 52 is only one of many portrayals of the Amazons. Some have them in futuristic garb and some very similar to WWs armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"