BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://idlehandofcolinalexander.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/wonder-woman-last-daughter-of-themyscira.html

Wonder-Woman-Colin-Alexander.png

Actually like this one a bit.

Well if you ask me, WW in live action except from Lynda Carter there wasn't another live action adaption of the suit in this modern era. I also want some blue and red with golden or silver. I'm not saying this should be her suit, but if you change her bracelets for the classic ones you have a nice CONCEPT. The idea of another serious tone that doesn't compare with the USA flag and I don't know I saw this more from a warrior superhero female also. Maybe for a first contact suit before he gets sort of inspired or has an idea to wear the other colors (red and blue) as an improved suit.
Im cool with it for a random Amazon who is headed into battle. Not for WW.

I'm all for more muted colors on her suit, with Superman having a more vibrant red.
I think muted colors work for her. But not straight up brown. Still needs to be more on the red side. Burgandy or something like that.

Also, she NEEDS a tiara. I don't care if some don't like it. Her tiara is JUST as important as Supermans cape and Batmans Bat ears.

Last edited:
I just want to pipe in and say I'm hoping for the battle skirt variation of her costume. The bloomers just won't be taken seriously by general audiences I don't care what reason is given for her wearing them. As for the pants...I hate the pants with a passion. They've just never looked right to me.

Im cool with it for a random Amazon who is headed into battle. Not for WW.

I'm all for more muted colors on her suit, with Superman having a more vibrant red.
I think muted colors work for her. But not straight up brown. Still needs to be more on the red side. Burgandy or something like that.

Also, she NEEDS a tiara. I don't care if some don't like it. Her tiara is JUST as important as Supermans cape and Batmans Bat ears.
Totally agree. That part was missing in that concept and she needs a tiara. It's part of the iconic costume!!!

I don't think that picture is as bad as some are making it out to be but the color palette not being the traditional WW one and it lacking the tiara do it no favors. Fix that and it would look much better. Also it's a bit too textured.

The piece itself isn't bad.
It's her outfit. She looks like she belongs in WoW or something.

Yeah and I don't get the random futuristic parts on her glove/gauntlet. It's like Tron and Xena had a lovechild.

Get rid of the collar, shoulder guards and throw some more red, and it's good. And of course a tiara. And I actually don't like the hair but that isn't a big deal.

I don't mind the shoulder guards it's just the color and that overall they are too bulky looking. But I agree they need to get rid of that choker. It looks out of place.

So this is off topic but not really. I was doing a sketch of a character redesign for Wondy but I felt like it was reminding me of something else then yesterday it hit me. .. Sailor Moon! Her costume was obviously inspired by WW and anyone is in need of a redesign for a movie adaption it's her so I made these.

Oh yes, Sailor Moon! I've been meaning to draw some SM fanart, recently.

Re: Covered or bare arms

IF Gal Gadot ends up looking similar to Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow, then they should definitely give her bare arms to showcase her physique:

http://i.imgur.com/USbJPjB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8vjxsi8.jpg

Other than the exposed midriff, I'm pretty happy with the amount of exposed skin vs. coverage which Blunt's costume provides. Obviously the colours are all wrong, but the simple practicality of the costume (again, other than the exposed midriff) easily and quickly communicates "warrior".

Uh... Ok.

Yeah, Hippolyta always had wonderful costumes in that run.
You said "Don't flatter yourself" so I had to flatter myself because I have oppositional defiance disorder. :o

Agreed on her having really cool costumes. She looks really cool in most all of her costumes.

4506567239_2ab6056596_b.jpg

ww10p3.JPG

hipolitareina.jpg

I will be genuinely shocked if her costume doesn't end up looking almost identical to this:

Wonder-Woman-New-52-ArtFX-Statue.jpg

Eh, I would hope they can come up with something a bit more interesting than that.

Eh, I would hope they can come up with something a bit more interesting than that.

Which is exactly why they won't. I think they'll go with as "realistic" and "functional" as possible. It has to fit in with the tone of Man of Steel. I just don't think star spangled panties will cut it.

I think that design is definitely in line with what they did with Superman for MOS. It seems to honor the classic look while being completely fresh and modern, AND simple. Honestly, I would go with that look. It also looks very practical for live action.

A lot of manips and ideas seem to go completely bonkers with as much detail as possible, and stuff hanging everywhere... I think they'll completely scale it back and make it tasteful while still being Classic Wonder Woman.

1) Nobody said anything about panties.
2) Was MoS particularly 'realistic'?
3) Designs looking interesting is not necessarily unrealistic.
4) Costumes in comic book movies don't necessarily need to be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"