BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about attitude or writting, that costume can't look good unless everything around it is designed to make it look plausible. And that won't be the case in BvS.

Some of the images here feature a costume similar to the outfit of Xena the Warrior Princess

It's not about attitude or writting, that costume can't look good unless everything around it is designed to make it look plausible. And that won't be the case in BvS.

look at it (same action figure/outfit) next to Supes and Bats

300115-wonder-woman-012.jpg

WW Classic outfit fit well here next to these two, and if people are ok with Batsuit and Clark's blue unitardthen I really don't see any issue here.

It'll be sad if they gave Wondie something else and not her most iconic and famous outfit everyone love.

^ "Everyone" doesn't love that get-up and there's definitely a possibility she won't be wearing that thing in the movie. Obviously, I think it would be great if she was given something better to wear. That pic doesn't help your case either. She looks naked next to those two.

It would be nice to just see the costume revealed because there's nothing left to say about it at this point.

Plus, Superman ISN'T wearing the unitard and underwear in this universe.

^ "Everyone" doesn't love that get-up and there's definitely a possibility she won't be wearing that thing in the movie. Obviously, I think it would be great if she was given something better to wear. That pic doesn't help your case either. She looks naked next to those two.

It would be nice to just see the costume revealed because there's nothing left to say about it at this point.

Look at Mystique in the X-men movies, she is technically completely naked (unlike WW outfit) and have emotional scenes that worked very well (especially in the last two new ones) and people were fine with it in the movies.

He is still wearing a unitard without the trunks outside :p

Agree. It looks like a swim suit with armour.

Exactly. The suit first and foremost has to be consistent with the world.

Look at Mystique in the X-men movies, she is technically completely naked (unlike WW outfit) and have emotional scenes that worked very well (especially in the last two new ones) and people were fine with it in the movies.

But that's supposed to be Mystique's skin whereas you're referring to actual clothes...

WW isn't mystique. In fact, Mystique has nothing to do with WW.

I won't change my mind. The classic costume is ridiculous to me and I hope we don't get it.

WW isn't mystique. In fact, Mystique has nothing to do with WW.

I won't change my mind. The classic costume is ridiculous to me and I hope we don't get it.

:/

You said she looked naked next to Supes and Bats as your reason to dismiss all of this then I just gave you an example of actually naked serious superheroine in very serious movies.

there is a different between you not liking the classic outfit (which is 100% fine and I respect your opinion) and actually getting it to work fine in a movie...a real outfit will work just fine... again Mystique is completely naked and people/critics take her seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
:/

You said she looked naked next to Supes and Bats as your reason to dismiss all of this then I just gave you an example of actually naked serious superheroine in very serious movies.

there is a different between you not liking the classic outfit (which is 100% fine and I respect your opinion) and actually getting it to work fine in a movie...a real outfit will work just fine... again Mystique is completely naked and people/critics take her seriously.

"Mystique is naked so WW can be too." Not the most solid reasoning.

I don't even care to discuss it anymore. I think the classic costume is gross and hope we don't get it. The end.

And you know what? There's a very good chance they won't use it.

Last edited:
I still think we're getting the KC loincloth with the pants underneath think Sif or The Legend of Zelda.

I'm with MrsKent. The 'classic' WW costume won't look good on film, just as it didn't look good in the old TV show. The Roman-style skirt-thing design is cool though, it actually looks like it serves a purpose.

That design is rather lovely.

If we get Wonder Woman in her traditional bustier and trunks, can we have Dick Grayson in his little green briefs, too? Then we could all enjoy the amusing high-camp together.

Or make him NW and give him his disco outfit, that'll go over well these days, not.

That outfit was fabulous. Boy, comics used to be fun. You never knew what **** was going to turn up next.

That design is rather lovely.

If we get Wonder Woman in her traditional bustier and trunks, can we have Dick Grayson in his little green briefs, too? Then we could all enjoy the amusing high-camp together.

Yes please….

Batman-and-Robin-dc-comics-14288887-600-906.jpg

look at it (same action figure/outfit) next to Supes and Bats

300115-wonder-woman-012.jpg

WW Classic outfit fit well here next to these two, and if people are ok with Batsuit and Clark's blue unitardthen I really don't see any issue here.

It'll be sad if they gave Wondie something else and not her most iconic and famous outfit everyone love.

Have Bats and Supes already. But really looking forward to the WW. Steve Schumacker knocked it out of the park.

My problem with the classic WW costume is the reason it looks that way is to be sexy and to titillate. Especially the way it's been drawn in recent decades - super low cleavage and a thong. If she's a hero then her suit should look heroic and it should have meaningful reasons for the way it looks. But instead she has a suit that blatantly portrays her as a sex object. They should change it for the movies.

Last edited:
"Mystique is naked so WW can be too." Not the most solid reasoning.

I don't even care to discuss it anymore. I think the classic costume is gross and hope we don't get it. The end.

And you know what? There's a very good chance they won't use it.

I've been a HUGE WW fan since the 70s and I couldn't agree with you more. It's amazing how much better (i.e. fierce) the classic costume looks with the battle skirt. It's no longer a swimsuit. Plus, the battle skirt pays homage to Marston's first WW design back in the 40's (apparently it's actually culottes he used, but it looks like a skirt)

After talking to my niece and her friends, I can promise older fans that teenagers and 20-somethings would laugh out loud at the swimsuit version. And WB alienating that demo would be very foolish, indeed.

p.s. Mrs Kent, your husband flew to my bedroom window last night, but out of respect for you I didn't let him in. :oldrazz:

How many times to people have to dish the classic costume before it becomes trolling? We get it you don't like the costume do you have to repeat it every time someone posts an image. It's getting to the stage that both WW threads are no longer enjoyable unless people have the last word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"