BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect, the trinity poster photo of the movie suits on Zack's wall has only been achieved with body doubles so far...as he stated in the interview.

Not sure if this has been posted but latest rumor is a Trinity photo with Gal, Henry and Ben has been shot this weekend. Based on tweets by set photographer Clay Enos and cinematographer Larry Fong. Could be anything, but with CC getting so close they surely will have a Trinity pic by then.

Tweets

Larry Fong @larryfong
.@ClayEnos Not gonna lie; I got a bit of the chills there for a second.
7:22 PM - 12 Jul 2014

13 Jul
Clay Enos @ClayEnos
What a fun, historic day. Thanks to everyone involved. “@larryfong: BTS of photographer @ClayEnos at work pic.twitter.com/Y3ensZm6r8”

He said he was under an image embargo, so no telling when we'll see the picture. Hopefully before Comic Con, or during.

It probably is, likely, an image of the trinity, but could also just be a solo image of Wonder Woman. That would make just as much sense because this is WW's first film appearance and with official first looks at Batman and Superman, she is the last major hero to see.

He said he was under an image embargo, so no telling when we'll see the picture. Hopefully before Comic Con, or during.

It probably is, likely, an image of the trinity, but could also just be a solo image of Wonder Woman. That would make just as much sense because this is WW's first film appearance and with official first looks at Batman and Superman, she is the last major hero to see.

I'm thinking the Trinity photo would be the big reveal at SDCC.

With WW's solo reveal hopefully coming any day now. :yay:

Her failure as a character has nothing to do with her visual tradition, as the Azzarello run quite effectively proves. The problem with WW is that she has to find balance between two worlds. Mythology and Superheroes. That is just what doesn't work anymore. Most comic narratives have become streamlined nowadays. Batman is dark, noir crime stuff, Superman is mostly science fiction just as GL is and so on and so forth yet Wonder Woman kind of plays so many tropes that there just isn't a concise vision for the character and that keeps her meandering through mediocrity. Every time she settles for one cohesive theme her comics are a success, Perez, Azzarello and so on. I, for example, read her comics when she goes all out Greek mythology because that to me is what defines her best and makes her unique. That's why I will drop the book after the Finches get on because they plan to make her more about generic Superhero stuff and that's the problem. Super heroines are a dime and dozen, why should I read Wonder Woman? As for the costume. I prefer something that feels archaic. Something that visually ties her to Greek mythology and yes, her bathing suit doesn't do that but full out pants like in the pic you posted do it even less. So if I can't get something that looks a lot more like Greek armor I'll settle for the panties. That and sometimes the whole debate about her looks feels like some socially conservative prudes trying to impose their sexually neurotic views and censorship desires onto the character and since I really despise such thinking and negative attitudes about sexuality and nudity in media I get quite irritated when it comes to covering up WW. The Victorian age is long gone, deal with it!

This was a good post that went awry in the last few sentences. I agree with the first part and prefer her to be more Greek mythology-inspired as well.

As for the last part, that's a lot of false assumptions. You said yourself that you want something that looks more like Greek armor. Shockingly, that's what most of the "prudes" want. Before criticizing, it would have been nice if you had realized that. No one has EVER suggested she be covered head to toe. There's no sexual neurosis and no one has suggested anything remotely Victorian. See the image below:

zWcvjJ0.png

This is what I want. This fits a Greek mythology-inspired WW. Battleskirt designs like this seem to be what most folks who oppose the classic costume here prefer. There's nothing puritanical or Victorian about this.

All I meant to say is a very recognized and accepted situation: Wonder Woman is a bigger symbol than she is a character.

I may not agree with everything you say, but this is accurate. I constantly hear about how she's so iconic and her costume is so iconic, but there's only a few times (like Azzarello's run) that give her a more defined personality and mythology. When talking about what they want from WW in this movie, people sometimes have these antipodean expectations like "she should be fierce and warrior-like! But at the same time be soft and innocent!" While I'm definitely hoping for cool action scenes in this film, I'd really like her to have an actual personality and distinct background. Of course I won't expect an in-depth attempt if she has a small role, but I want a hint of who she is at least.

What are the reasons to believe this might be a trinity photo?

Clay Enos, a photographer, posted a BTS photo of himself taking an image on a "historic day", mentioning Larry Fong, the cinemotographer of BvS being involved.

Later he posted a picture of Zach Snyder lifting and said he was under an image embargo. So it stands to reason that WW was very likely photographed.

Clay Enos, a photographer, posted a BTS photo of himself taking an image on a "historic day", mentioning Larry Fong, the cinemotographer of BvS being involved.

Later he posted a picture of Zach Snyder lifting and said he was under an image embargo. So it stands to reason that WW was very likely photographed.

I see. Gratitude.

If every other female character beside Mystique is in the black jumpsuit, how is the Greco Roman look over saturated?

Comic book movies = black jumpsuit. Comic book movies aren't the only movies/tv shows made. There have been a crap ton of Greco Roman movies/shows since Gladiator, it's an over saturated genre IMO. I don't care how much they do or don't cover her up, makes no difference to me. Admittedly it was a bit of a smart aleck comment because the complaining about covering her up is getting old but I really don't care that much about that. But I definitely don't want to see just another dull burgundy and gold 300, Game of Thrones costume.

Last edited:
Sif_TDW_Header.jpg

I feel like something along the lines of Lady Sif would be appropriate, just with some more color.

Awesome post!!! agreed with everything. This is exactly how i feel on the subject.

The battleskirt would actually probably best reflect her Greek heritage imo.

once again, teagone's manip with the spear is the best design I've seen. You can definitely see the ancient greek influences there, her design there would probably be skimpy to some people here, but to me , it just seems powerful and badass.

zWcvjJ0.png

look at how beautiful that is. it doesn't even show cleavage... i know that's a popular complaint. It nails everything about the suit and doesn't show barely any skin. If Wonder Woman wore this design, would people have a problem with the amount of skin she shows?

Wow, that manip is practically perfect to me. Proof that you can do a strapless bustier design without it looking sleazy! To me, something major is lost when you add straps or pauldrons to Wonder Woman's top. The bare shoulders for some reason really evoke an image of classical, Amazonian strength to me.

ww_alt_again_by_sketchydeez-d7qky60.jpg

by Sketchydeez

This suit with pants and few improvements on the W and the belt, and minus the high heels would be stunning.

I'll never understand why some insist on making her insignia so tiny.

This is what I want. This fits a Greek mythology-inspired WW. Battleskirt designs like this seem to be what most folks who oppose the classic costume here prefer. There's nothing puritanical or Victorian about this.

In my case, I'd prefer them to take this sort of classical look and update it a little so it doesn't seem as out of place in the modern world. WW/Diana is an Amazon who is trying to find her way in our world, so an outfit that reflects that would make sense.

The comic book superhero, and by that we mean the characters from Marvel and DC, are residents of gestalt fictional universes. They are places where you have men who are fantasy scientific geniuses in one corner, powerful mystical sorcerers in another, swashbuckling adventurers that face threats with their wits and fists, vampires, aliens and mutants... they all coexist. I don't get wanting WW's costume to just be a "super hero" suit so that she "fits" in. By being the representative of the fantasy, myth and folklore aspects of a comic book universe she's already fitting in. That is her role.

Well this came pretty close, even though it looks nothing like Gadot or what their direction will be. Art speaking.

wonder_woman_gal_gadot_movie_by_maryneim-d7ndl4b.jpg

Ah, I see. No. You aren't going to get what you want I think.

I'll never understand why some insist on making her insignia so tiny.

Foolish human! You aren't meant to be taking any notice of her insignia. You're simply meant to be mesmerised by her abundant cleavage.

If her insignia was more obvious, then it might distract viewers from her ample bosom and then all sorts of problems would result, including the zombie apocalypse.

Awesome post!!! agreed with everything. This is exactly how i feel on the subject.

The battleskirt would actually probably best reflect her Greek heritage imo.

once again, teagone's manip with the spear is the best design I've seen. You can definitely see the ancient greek influences there, her design there would probably be skimpy to some people here, but to me , it just seems powerful and badass.

zWcvjJ0.png

look at how beautiful that is. it doesn't even show cleavage... i know that's a popular complaint. It nails everything about the suit and doesn't show barely any skin. If Wonder Woman wore this design, would people have a problem with the amount of skin she shows?

That's basically exactly what I want. Though I'd also like to see this with the classic red and white boots but baggy the way AH drew them.

Last edited:
Interesting pants look. She is also fully covered on top which isn't as bad of a look either. Boots are too long imo but this is kind of fun to see her look more completely covered like her male counterparts.
WWvariation01.jpg

Also this would be cool to see in live action.
tumblr_lyzwzwh4xF1qbujox.jpg

Also I really like these looks for a more battle ready Diana.
1281397-wonder_woman___rally_to_me_by_archangelgabriel.jpg

This with a loin cloth would be great.
And this is just perfection.
GreekWW.jpg

rotator_gamestop.jpg

Just saw that there was a female Thor (?) announced. Guess the guys who designed her agree with my line of thought:

3963704-thor+001.jpg

That female costumes should look rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"