BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnsQbHCvXAg

NEW_MARIAN_DARNA_FULLLENGTH.jpg

something like this should make the Wonder in WW well deserved. :)
Basically a barely there bikini? Sure.

But I am not sure Snyder's movie will then have much credibility.

I think if his WW turns out to be a sex fantasy dominatrix, critics will butcher this film even more than MOS.

I don't think Snyder really care about the critics. Just saying...

Something like this would be cool:

tumblr_mszz1hXp561qflgwpo2_1280.jpg

We have a winner.

Never really liked WW that much, but if anybody can make her costume look good in context, it'd be Singer. And Gal is hot as hell, so I think it'll be okay. Literally every WW costume looks the same to me.

You definitely read my post wrong.

Another option is she only wears the skirt on Themyscira, a very Greek style outfit just for her home.
I'd rather see her wear casual clothing that would have been expected in ancient Greece when she's on the island. A vibrantly colored toga, or whatever.

The battle skirt would be exactly that. Worn in battle.

There is no way she's going to get the requisite physique because her frame is too small. She's 5'9" as well, so she'll need lifts and or camera trickery to make her seem more substantial.
That's taller than average for a woman. She's not as tall as Affleck or Cavill, but they're both taller than average as well. Wonder Woman has been both depicted as taller and shorter than Superman, so I don't see the issue. It's not like she's 4'10" or anything.

I'd rather see her wear casual clothing that would have been expected in ancient Greece when she's on the island. A vibrantly colored toga, or whatever.

The battle skirt would be exactly that. Worn in battle.

That's taller than average for a woman. She's not as tall as Affleck or Cavill, but they're both taller than average as well. Wonder Woman has been both depicted as taller and shorter than Superman, so I don't see the issue. It's not like she's 4'10" or anything.

She loses something important when she's depicted as too short/small. Size isn't an issue with a character like Black Canary because she's not a strength-based character. With Wonder Woman, her physique is incredibly important. I always remember the impact of the moment when she meets Superman in JL: A New Frontier. She's actually a little taller than Supes and her shoulders are almost as wide. That's powerful imagery.

Luckily there are ways around that. If they can make Tom Cruise taller, they can do the same with her.

So, assuming she is in costume in this movie, would you rather her have the W breastplate or eagle breastplate?

What kind of tiara? Double pointed tiara? or single pointed tiara? totally different tiara at all?

Silver or gold?

I'm down with any of those options.

Just no embarrassing underwear or massive cleavage please.

I want the skirt. But can we put some trunks over it? You know, for style points?

Wonder Woman having a collar above her breast plate is one of the ugliest and most pointless design moves they could do. I hope we get a fairly traditional costume with a battleskirt .That's all we need imo

I'd want collars on all the characters just to piss people off :)

She loses something important when she's depicted as too short/small. Size isn't an issue with a character like Black Canary because she's not a strength-based character. With Wonder Woman, her physique is incredibly important. I always remember the impact of the moment when she meets Superman in JL: A New Frontier. She's actually a little taller than Supes and her shoulders are almost as wide. That's powerful imagery.
Again, she's been depicted as taller and shorter depending on the source. In New Frontier, she was incredibly tall, easily taller than Superman even. In New 52, she's about half a head shorter than Batman. Alex Ross also seems to draw her about half a head shorter than Bats. For the Justice League animated series, she's almost a full head shorter than Batman.

Now, Affleck is 6'4". This Gadot gal is 5'9". That's a difference of only 7 inches. This is about the height difference I would expect between Batman and Wonder Woman, so long as they don't go the non-standard route that New Frontier did. And if the production wants to close the gap at all, it's not hard. Look at the height disparity between Bale and Hardy, then watch The Dark Knight Rises and see if that shows at all in the film.

ps I'm hoping for a headband instead of tiara. Like the concept art by Kris Anka posted earlier in the thread.

Again, she's been depicted as taller and shorter depending on the source. In New Frontier, she was incredibly tall, easily taller than Superman even. In New 52, she's about half a head shorter than Batman. Alex Ross also seems to draw her about half a head shorter than Bats. For the Justice League animated series, she's almost a full head shorter than Batman.

Now, Affleck is 6'4". This Gadot gal is 5'9". That's a difference of only 7 inches. This is about the height difference I would expect between Batman and Wonder Woman, so long as they don't go the non-standard route that New Frontier did. And if the production wants to close the gap at all, it's not hard. Look at the height disparity between Bale and Hardy, then watch The Dark Knight Rises and see if that shows at all in the film.

ps I'm hoping for a headband instead of tiara. Like the concept art by Kris Anka posted earlier in the thread.
Huh? No, she wasn't.

jlu.jpg

Something similar to the Rainfall costume would be great.

WW_Rainfall_Poster.jpg

All the suits on this page of the thread work for me so far except for the first one... which I assume is a joke =P

WW in ArmsHeldOut's picture almost looks like Gal Gadot, doesn't she? I think that one is the clear winner for me, given the casting. Armored, but exotic. If we're going for a "wide eyed beauty" version of the character, get her in that suit and let's do this!

Also... the lasso is an absolute must, in my opinion. But it would be great to see some sword play!!

About the height thing. They use camera tricks and editing to make RDJ look taller than Gwyneth Paltrow in the IM films (he's actually several inches shorter than her). They also do something similar to make Hugh Jackman look shorter than he really is when he plays Wolverine. There's really no reason why they can't do the same thing here.

About the height thing. They use camera tricks and editing to make RDJ look taller than Gwyneth Paltrow in the IM films (he's actually several inches shorter than her). They also do something similar to make Hugh Jackman look shorter than he really is when he plays Wolverine. There's really no reason why they can't do the same thing here.
Jackman doesn't look any shorter to me as Wolverine. At all.

I honestly don't think we're gonna see a lot of a suited-up WW in this film. Again, I think it would draw a lot focus away from Supes and Bats. I think she should don her armor in a closing scene to direct people to her stand-alone movie, but that should be it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"