BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Dent,

It's not just that they announced it, it's how they announced it, as though this was Wonder Woman's first chance to finally show her stuff on screen.

I hope that if Diana has some significant screen time that we see her in multiple outfits inspired by various looks she has sported. This would help the acceptance level in the GA. If her first big screen outing shows her in more than the classic outfit she'll gain some credibility.

Why would them just announcing it change your opinion?

Mr. Dent,

It's not just that they announced it, it's how they announced it, as though this was Wonder Woman's first chance to finally show her stuff on screen.

Right. That kind of announcement creates build up and expectations. If it was just a cameo, a small hint of things to come, I don't see why they would've announced it like that. If it was just a Diana making a brief appearance then they could've kept it a secret or at least saved the confirmation of WW's appearance for the next movie (after Batman vs. Superman). But now it looks like they do have plans for Wonder Woman here. Not that I think she'll take over the whole movie, but I do think they're really going to introduce Wonder Woman in this movie in a bigger way than I previously thought.

Because it is the first time we're getting the character of Wonder Woman on screen and not doing it like that would have been an injustice to the character, like she's just a side piece in the film (even though in reality she may be). I don't think it means this is her origin film or that she's suiting up.

I think she'll be Bruce's girlfriend for much of the movie, but she's really there for other reasons. Then at the end to everyone's surprise she's revealed to be Wonder Woman. Maybe she helps in the final battle at that point.

That sounds likely but eh...I wonder how they'll pull that off. I mean, why is Diana Prince Bruce's girlfriend, and would he really let a woman fool him? (...probably)

Maybe she didn't fool him, and he's keeping tabs on her until he can find out what her real agenda is.

Then again, he fell for Miranda Tate, so...

I think she'll be Bruce's girlfriend for much of the movie, but she's really there for other reasons. Then at the end to everyone's surprise she's revealed to be Wonder Woman. Maybe she helps in the final battle at that point.

it's not a surprise if we already know it's her.

Someone posted this in another thread, but I can't get enough of this vision of WW I love the balance of brawn and beauty here
wonder_woman_amazon_warrior_by_jeffach-d6wg73e.jpg

that is a sweet effing costume. Sadly WW will look nothing like that. :(

Not too crazy about that costume. Torso portion is great, and I'd prefer if the skirt was changed to pants.

It is a bit too distractingly sexy, but add a skirt and I'm ok with it.

Someone posted this in another thread, but I can't get enough of this vision of WW I love the balance of brawn and beauty here
wonder_woman_amazon_warrior_by_jeffach-d6wg73e.jpg

That's pretty effing amazing.

I'll probably burn for this but I definitely want Wonder Woman to wear her 'one piece bathing suit'. I just do.

There has to be a way to not make it look sleazy on film. They could add a bit of an armored skirt, maybe like Xena but I say a big fat hell no to a fabric skirt wrapping around all the way and in some cases going all the way down to her knees like in some of these comic examples.

With the classic bathing suit you don't have to have her entire ass hanging out or anything.

Last edited:
Quick, somebody adapt the Lasso for film. How do you make it work?

Quick, somebody adapt the Lasso for film. How do you make it work?

If they don't wanna go with the magic angle I'd be fine with a regular rope she wraps around dudes necks that makes them want to tell the truth lest she chokes the ***** outta them.

I like those above ^^^

I'm also fine with a slim WW, like so:

wonder_woman_themysciran_warrior_design_by_mattsimas-d6ho6sz.jpg

Lol thanks of posting my sketch!

Here's another. Trinity collab I did with my friends. I drew WW and designed her outfit
trinity_collab_by_mattsimas-d6x277e.jpg

That's pretty effing amazing.

I'll probably burn for this but I definitely want Wonder Woman to wear her 'one piece bathing suit'. I just do.

There has to be a way to not make it look sleazy on film. They could add a bit of an armored skirt, maybe like Xena but I say a big fat hell no to a fabric skirt wrapping around all the way and in some cases going all the way down to her knees like in some of these comic examples.

With the classic bathing suit you don't have to have her entire ass hanging out or anything.
A battle skirt works much better. The bathing suit costume NEVER made sense. Why would aw woman from an ancient society of female warriors who have been isolated from the outside world for thousands of years wear a costume that looks like a modern swimsuit? Also, it just looks awkward for Batman/Superman to be covered from head to toe in armor-like costumes, and then have WW dressed like she should be going to the beach, not fighting crime. The battle skirt simply works better and is more fitting.

The problem with the skirt or even segmented skirt is that it has an awkward aging effect at times. Design any catwoman outfit with a skirt in mind and this becomes evident. It's not that this always happens but it's tricky imo.
That one buff minap has a huge fan film appeal to me.

I personally would appreciate a modified approach to what's been in these last two animated films. The boots/sleeves and amount of skin shown from 'war'
jlwarww3.jpg

JLW_characters.jpg
The loin cloth attachment from Flash point
442938438_640.jpg

justice-league-the-flashpoint-paradox-lineup.jpg

And perhaps a journey man entrance garb that she can arrive in. The head scarfs add a sense of cinema as well as a nod to the mediterranean appeal for adventure.
resident-evil-extinction-gallery-10_480x480.jpg

Would be cool to see her hid a costume under something that^
minus the goggles.

Problem with the skirt is how are you going to handle it while she's flying? It will be all over the place, and it just wont look right. It'll just look silly imo. I do like her JLW costume, but only for animation. That's the best I've ever seen her look in terms of the costume. But again, I don't think it's right for live action film.

I think they have to go with the pants.

Maybe a mix of the Injustice costume(pants) and the JLW costume(everything else)?

Injustice-Wonder-women.jpeg

+

jlwarww3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking they'll go with the leggings for the costume, not exposed legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"