The Woods

Holly Goodhead

Avenger
Reaction score
Directed by Lucky McKee (who directed May, a cult underground horror film) teamed up with Bruce Campbell to make The Woods.

Plot Summary: "The Woods" is a psychological horror story that begins when a neglected teenager named Heather (Bruckner) is dropped off by her parents at a remote all-girls boarding school deep in the forest. Watched over by sinister head-mistress Ms. Traverse (Clarkson) and her staff, Heather is tormented by her classmates and is desperate to go home. But when students start disappearing and she begins to have horrifying visions, Heather realizes things at the school are not what they seem. She only knows there's something out there in the woods - and it won't be letting her leave any time soon.

I really want to watch the trailer but it wont work.
Trailer: http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005155.html

Yea,I love the plot of the movie,but the trailer wont work for me either.

Rent/buy the DVD May, a good American horror film is a rare thing these days.

B00009MEC4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Holly Goodhead said:
Directed by Lucky McKee (who directed May, a cult underground horror film) teamed up with Bruce Campbell to make The Woods.

Plot Summary: "The Woods" is a psychological horror story that begins when a neglected teenager named Heather (Bruckner) is dropped off by her parents at a remote all-girls boarding school deep in the forest. Watched over by sinister head-mistress Ms. Traverse (Clarkson) and her staff, Heather is tormented by her classmates and is desperate to go home. But when students start disappearing and she begins to have horrifying visions, Heather realizes things at the school are not what they seem. She only knows there's something out there in the woods - and it won't be letting her leave any time soon.

I really want to watch the trailer but it wont work.
Trailer: http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005155.html

Suspiria-esque anyone?

i heard this was a r rated movie but there trying to get it down to pg-13

Holly Goodhead said:
noooooooooooooooo!! i ****ing hate PG13 horror movies. ugh
i heard this awhile so i don't know. does anyone know what company is releasing this?

May was ridicilous. I was expecting something smart and original, but all I saw on the screen was garbage.

Hype Police said:
May was ridicilous. I was expecting something smart and original, but all I saw on the screen was garbage.

Thats fabulous.

Holly Goodhead said:
i think Sony now
yeah i saw that and it might be a straight to dvd release. the good thing about that there keep the r rating then.

I bought it and watched it today. It was pretty good, pacing was slow and I;m still confused as to what the ending was all about..but overall it was good.

They've released it on DVD already? Must have been a huge financial loss for Sony or whatever company it was in the hand of.

But was it enjoyable and entertaining? If it was, it's a good movie. That's all a movie has to be: enjoyable and entertaining IMO

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
But was it enjoyable and entertaining? If it was, it's a good movie. That's all a movie has to be: enjoyable and entertaining IMO

I dont want to be confused when I'm watching a movie. Yeah, a sense of mystery is good but when the movie was finished I still didnt get it. Other then that it was enjoyable.

Watching a movie many times over helps me figure out every little nook and cranny. It took at least six or seven watches of The Village until I understood everything, and it's one of my favourite films now because I understand it all. Just watch it a few more times and you might understand it.

J Alba's Lover said:
i heard this was a r rated movie but there trying to get it down to pg-13
"Honey, sure, let's make love....but, can we skip the orgasm part? Thanks. :)"

I don't think it's a smart thing judging a movie by its rating. For shame, Holly, for shame.:o:p

Holly Goodhead said:
thats what i was thinking, Dario Argento-ish. :up:

Yeah, now let's keep our voices down before Hollywood tries to remake all his movies.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
I don't think it's a smart thing judging a movie by its rating. For shame, Holly, for shame.:o:p

I was going to buy Let's Scare Jessica To Death but it's rated PG13. I might make an exception.

This film has a cookie-cutter plot.

I'd like to see this type of film where a dysfunctional child is sent to boarding school, she does a complete 180, and comes back to a family who oddly resemble her 'pre-boarding school' traits. What if she lived in a small town? Imagine trying to convince a town of people, who think you're the 'bad seed' in the family, that your folks are trying to murder you.

Even that sounds generic. Horror films need to die or comatose themselves for a while. The most nauseatingly frightful thing about them is the embarrassment of paying to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"