The World of FIFA football

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
Forgive me if a specific thread exists on the PS game of FIFA football and it's many year on year variations, (if so, close this and re-direct, my search led me to not find anything).

Talk here about FIFA 18 players, your teams, who you manage in career mode, trophies you've won, players you'd recommend, diamonds you've unearthed etc.

I've only just got got myself a PS4, for my birthday and so this is my first time at a 'advanced' version of FIFA and F18 is blowing my mind at the presentation, amount of options and stats open to me.

In career mode, it's elevated to a full managerial scenario, where you need to be on the ball 24-7, across all aspects of the game. Took me 3 goes to fully understand the transfer updates and all the additional elements (signing on fee's and bonus options), and after a few major errors, finding my way as Liverpool boss.

Bought some up and coming players and keeping my powder dry for future seasons and January when out of contract players become available for the following summer's transfer window.

Okay will go first then....

Really impressed with this version and the way it's 'handled' in the depth of the game, picked up a run of long term injuries already and managed to sell the deadwood from the squad, sold Sturridge for £25.5 million to Spurs and Markovic for £11 million to West Brom.

Bought this player for £22 million on a 'blind' buy, with him not being fully scouted and is 73 with a capacity of growth to around 79 so decent potential.

https://sofifa.com/player/209519

Its very lifelike, in the sense of Liverpool being Liverpool, I beat Barcelona away 8-0 then lost to Newcastle in the League Cup and could only draw with Leicester 4-4. If I can keep 11 players on the field in any one game, I should be unbeatable. :woot:

Right, only FIFA player that this feels beneficial too. Ah well.

As it's a one person thread it appears....

Best, young, affordable players video...

[YT]2NlHQBO357M[/YT]

Seriously, I'm the only FIFA player on a PS4 in this entire forum ? Or I'm the only one who wants to talk about it..... :woot:

Koke signed from Atletico Madrid for £47.5 million, midfield of Can - Keita - Koke.

Top of League by a country mile, through to European Champions League QF's and 5th Round of FA Cup.

BTW, baffles me, nobody else wants to contribute to this thread but heh ho....

Should have put this in Misc games! I’m still on Fifa 17.

Should have put this in Misc games! I’m still on Fifa 17.

Aye, my bad. It shouldn't be too hard to find though, thank you mate for the being the first other person to post in it.

Feel free to add any '17 version personal stories or signings etc. :yay:

More 'young players with talent' video....

[YT]zOqotUr0Kbk[/YT]

and another....

[YT]rprZyYl1ipQ[/YT]

Last edited:
Are these transfers all for the career mode?

Is that where you play solo? Not like Ultimate Team. I did enjoy the career modes of previous games but haven't had time to dedicate to doing that in recent years. Also I'd usually do it to a set point or set number of years and then be done with it. I like the idea of it.

Is that where you play solo? Not like Ultimate Team. I did enjoy the career modes of previous games but haven't had time to dedicate to doing that in recent years. Also I'd usually do it to a set point or set number of years and then be done with it. I like the idea of it.

Aye, it's not ultimate team, it's the 'free roam' of the football world, take any team, manage & play for 15 seasons maximum, look over the finances, transfers, off field growth of the team and physically play as well.

The players evolve and obviously by about 10 seasons in, all current players are retired (on the whole) so new 'made up' players take the majority of the game up.

The 'computer' take control of any opponent and you can also simulate matches if you don't want to spend 'years' (literally) playing out season upon season.

This year's FIFA is beyond 'in-depth', as a football fan, it offers everything you'd want.

Last edited:
Aye, it's not ultimate team, it's the 'free roam' of the football world, take any team, manage & play for 15 seasons maximum, look over the finances, transfers, off field growth of the team and physically play as well.

The players evolve and obviously by about 10 seasons in, all current players are retired (on the whole) so new 'made up' players take the majority of the game up.

The 'computer' take control of any opponent and you can also simulate matches if you don't want to spend 'years' (literally) playing out season upon season.

This year's FIFA is beyond 'in-depth', as a football fan, it offers everything you'd want.
Yeah so I used to play this through once with each FIFA game but just haven't for a few years. I do enjoy it. Do you play as Liverpool?

Yeah so I used to play this through once with each FIFA game but just haven't for a few years. I do enjoy it. Do you play as Liverpool?

Absolutely, and bring the glory back to Anfield. On PS3 versions, killed it, with 15 league titles, numerous European Cups and domestic trophies. Still in Season 1 on the PS4 version, on track for Title, and QF's of CL and Semi's of FA Cup.

Absolutely, and bring the glory back to Anfield. On PS3 versions, killed it, with 15 league titles, numerous European Cups and domestic trophies. Still in Season 1 on the PS4 version, on track for Title, and QF's of CL and Semi's of FA Cup.

You need to sign the new John Barnes, Beardsley, Rush etc!

****, just missed out on getting Messi for a 'free' because my board won't allow me to go above £300,000 a week wages.

On plus side, I've just bought Leon Goretzka on a pre-contract signing (a free) so not all bad.

Best Pre-Contract Buys....

[YT]Nq_qqOAfFO4[/YT]

Pre-Contract (signing in pre-season for start of Season 2)

Bernd Leno (GK)
José Giménez (CB)
Leon Goretzka (ML)
Aaron Ramsey (CM/CML/ML)
Bernard (CAM)

+ Swap deal Klaven for Lorenzo Callegari from PSG (19 yr old CMD)

So, with the oodles for cash got for winning the title this season should be able to buy a world class centre forward and we'll be untouchable next season.

Last edited:
End of Season 1 with the League Title, FA Cup & European Cup (Champions League) won, onto pre-season into Season 2.

Just won the pre-season invite tournament and with £200 million earned in profit from last season, bought Mahrez & Vardy from Leicester, for combined £55.2 million

This guy as new long term LB https://sofifa.com/player/211688 for £21.5 million...

So going into Season 2, Starting 11.....

GK - Leno *
RB - Clynne
LB - Gaya *
CB - Van Djik
CB- Gimenez *
LM- Goretzka *
CM- Ramsey *
RM- Koke * bought in January last season for £47.5 million
RWF -Mahrez *
CF - Vardy*/Firminio (Vardy, new signing)
LWF Salah

Subs :

Mane
Milner
Lovren
Lallana
Wijnaldum
Oxlade-Chamberlain or Henderson
Arrizabalaga

Last edited:
This guy's video's on his career mode are really fun....

He's playing as Liverpool and this is just a 'sample'....he's got a few people following him on You Tube too.

[YT]bVSrBJXKF28[/YT]

****, just missed out on getting Messi for a 'free' because my board won't allow me to go above £300,000 a week wages.

On plus side, I've just bought Leon Goretzka on a pre-contract signing (a free) so not all bad.

What age would he have been?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"