The World of FIFA football

Interesting period beyond January transfer window, won League Cup 1-0 verses Man United, didn't play particularly well but got job done.

Through to QF's of Champions League, and biggest news is got sale for Dybala to Manchester United for £125 million. Given he'll be 32 next season when he moves at the end of the season, incredible money for him plus that's all profit given we signed him on a pre-contract from Juventus.

The squad will look very different at the start of next season, more so than in recent pre-seasons.

For this season, 9 league games left, league looks wrapped up, through to Semi's in the FA Cup, but I think the CL may be a tight affair this year. We'll see.

More sales before the season ends I reckon, I think Odegarrd will leave, he's on transfer list, going to put Correa on TL as well, sell Werner as well I anticipate, leaving me with Arp, Dolberg, Rashford & Jesus as my strikers.

Edit - Odegarrd off to Real Madrid at end of season, £86.5 million deal done. Represents a £26.5 million profit.

Last edited:
End of season round up / Pre-Season for Season 9

Ended up Season 8 with FA Cup win against Burnley 5-1 and thrashed Chelsea in the Champions League final 12-0, a brilliant performance.

Defence improved no end, only 23 goals conceded all season, 315 league goals scored, Jesus 50 league goals in addition to CL top scorer.

Sales gone through creating another £200m+ into transfer budget and new pre-contract transfers in, pre-season going well, into the final of the pre-season tournament against Dortmund, see how that goes.

Added sale of Correa to West Ham for £65 million, so £300m+ to play with, Jon Stones looks like an automatic start in pre-season games, bought in 20 year old left centre midfield player from Barcelona for £12million, youth in squad much improved. Targets left before TW closes, need a LB & RB back up.

Edit Update -

Tantamount to an expensive 'fire sale' last night, out went ageing superstars

De Bruyne (34) to West Ham for £26.5 million

Kante (34) to Stoke for £22 million

Bernard (33) to Burnley for £13.5 million

Bustos (29) to Borussia Dortmund for £28 million

Spent £78 million of that £90 million virtually instantly on a left central midfielder from Man Utd, Bouchard, French international, 24, quality (85) link player, break down of play, type. Built like a tank. Sorted the RB spot with another £8 million to Man U for their 22 year old, Croat, Vjejeic, lightening quick and bags of potential at (78) quality.

Luke Shaw bought in from Juventus for £27.5 million to be first team LB.

Expected first XI ahead of new season

Donnarumma ; Henrichs, Stones, Hernandez, Shaw ; Bernardo Silva, Sane, O Dembele, Barca ; Rashford, Jesus.

Subs : De Gea ; Maguire, Gaya; Rigo, Dolberg, Arp, Pulisic

Last edited:
Love this guy's career mode you tube content and here he talks about what he wants from the FIFA games future....

Last edited:
January Transfer window coming up and those on the transfer list...

De Gea (35)
Werner (back from Burnley loan) (29, still get good money for him)
Butland (32 and back off loan from Arsenal and just not the level we need)

Just knocked back a £100m+ bid for Rashford from Barcelona.

There won't be much coming in, get some space created in the squad for the summer, with Griezmann retiring at the end of this season too.

Edit - Into the transfer window and Lafont has come back into reckoning from being on loan, is rated at 91, so as a short term back up he's good quality, especially if we sell Butland & De Gea this month, with Jan Oblak coming in on pre-contract at 93 quality for the start of next season, which is a deal I've just closed.

Edit Update 2 - Transfer Window complete and summer pre-contract business done and really well and some outgoings too....

Incoming

Pre-Contract Signings

Oblak (33, GK, rated 93)
Marco Asensio (29, CAM, rated 92)
Saso (23, CF, from Wolfsburg, rated 84)

Outgoing

Sales....

De Gea (35, GK £33.2m to Roma)
Dowell (28, CM £56m to Spurs)
Henrichs (28, RB £46.5m to Bayern Munich)
Butland (32, GK £25m to Man City)

No offers for Butland (Man City just bought him) or Werner, sell them in the summer. With Griezmann retiring after this season and I'll be selling Werner, that leaves Dolberg/Arp/Rashford/Jesus as my strikers with Mbappe just behind the front two and Saso brought in as back up.

Last edited:
Are you upgrading to FIFA 19?

Yep I will be mate (sorry, no idea how to quote yet on this new format)

Yep I will be mate (sorry, no idea how to quote yet on this new format)
You just hit the "Reply" button. The "+ Quote" button is for multiquoting.

You just hit the "Reply" button. The "+ Quote" button is for multiquoting.

Oh I see, so it's like having to press Start to Close down a computer level logic, cos pressing quote would be too easy. God I hate this new format. Thanks dude.

Couldn't get a deal/offer over the line from Spurs for Werner, on market for £60m, Spurs wouldn't go higher than £56.5 and I wasn't prepared to drop my asking price, but good that there is interest, I am sure other clubs will come in for him.

Interesting side story developing, a player, Alonso who I developed through the youth system and is a very decent player but at the time, I couldn't guarantee regular football here so sold him to Stoke City for £36.5m has now come to end of Stoke contract, now aged 24 and is worth £77m but available on a pre-contract 'free', wondering whether to bring him back to Anfield. Need to get shut of Werner before I can decide.

Edit - More incoming transfer news - got Aleksandr Golovin on pre-contract, now 29, and skill level 84, will add back up to the left of midfield as back up for Barco.

Edit Update 2 - Yes, secured Alonso return for £240,000 per week wage, pre-contract arrival. Definitely two strikers need too leave in the summer now. Werner & another, probably Borre, in all honesty, given he'll be 31 next season.

Last edited:
End of season, finished with FA Cup win verses Man Utd, 4-2 in the final and a CL win against Paris SG with a 10-0 win, and of course the title win with 107 points (I sim'ed 3 games, 2 draws and a loss, never again !)

Into pre-season for Season 10, and lots planned for sales & purchases.

Sales, so far....

Werner to Southampton for £70m (CF) - 30
Tierney to Real Madrid for £48.5m (LB) - 29
Diawara to Stoke City for £37.2m (CDM) - 29
Sanchez to Real Madrid for £60m (CB) - 30
Ruiz Azaranga to Napoli for £11.25m (CDM/MC) - 22
Bosceilli to Swansea for £34m (CAM) - 31
Noves to Southampton for £20m (LB) - 24
Sharrock to Brighton for £34m (CAM) - 24
Zapatar Ajol to Derby County for £7.25m (CDM) - 20
Borre to Everton for £34.5m (ST) - 31
Lafont to Southampton for £70m (GK) - 27

Total - £426.97m

Purchases, so far....

Maloca from Everton for £60m (CM) - 23
Cabellos from Real Madrid for £48.5m (CDM) - 30
Riveros from WBA for £38.4m (LM) - 20
Sean McGeough from Celtic for £1.5m (CAM) - 19
Nizzetto from West Ham for £75m (GK) - 25
Caniero Leal from Crystal Palace for £120m (LW) - 22

Total - £343.4m

Profits on transfers of £83.57m

On loan for season

Martinez Poel from Villarreal (LB) - 20 to cover any injuries to Shaw or Gaya.

Pre-contracts arrived....

Golovin (CAM/ML) - 30
Alonso (CF) - 25
Oblak (GK) - 33
Marco Asensio (CAM) - 30
Soto (CF) - 23

Story so far of new season.....

Right, well it's all very interesting, Alonso has settled back in and looks like he never left, taken the number 21 shirt and it's a bit like when Rush re-joined us after the one season at Juventus, a player that belongs to us and to get him on a 'free' back to us is amazing. Scoring freely and keeping the established players out of the first XI. There is an argument to say though, I wish he'd not left us (or I'd NOT sold him to be more precise) missed the 3 years between, given he came through the ranks at 17, was with us for 4 years, left and is now 25.

Transfer deadline day madness

Having sold Lafont to Southampton (they like our players !), it's reality in reverse it seems. Needed a back up keeper and have had my eye on West Ham's number 1 for 2/3 seasons and went in and got him, Nizzetto, Italian GK and rated at 88, very strong player and had to spend £75m to get him. Will play in the FA Cup and League Cup matches and a few PL games.

Caniero Leal - OMG, club record smashed with a £120m purchase of a player been tracking since he was 18 and seen developing, now rated at 90, and 22, was the time, LW player who is massive but quick, think a very speedy Emille Heskey. Scored a hat-trick on his debut against Manchester United in a 13-0 win and followed that up with ECL goal and two assists. Dear lawd, he's good. Will push Sane for a starting position for sure, Sane already upset at not being selected.

Golovin - Making a great start to his Liverpool career, has scored regularly off the bench, a hat-trick in his last game against Anderlecht in the CL and can play behind front two or on left of midfield or attack and very impressed with him.

Marco Asensio - Running the show thus far, with goals & assists, he is SO good, his balance & grace in and around the box is just unreal. He can be our central creative hub for the next 2-3 years. With Christian Pulisic & Barco either side of him and Dani Ceballos behind those three with the addition of Leal & Alonso / Soto to finish off chances with Jesus/Rashford as well, we are going to be scoring mass amount of goals this season.

Last edited:
Season update, been away a bit playing SM PS4, but playing a few games after coming out of hospital.

Defensively, we are absolutely on it so far, only 12 goals conceded from 23 games so far, 33 league goals from Alonso, to date, going very nicely for him, Jesus banging them in alongside him, Soto got injured early in the season, six games in, with an injury to keep him out for all this season and over the next summer recovering. Dolberg too, is out for 3 months, so with Werner & Borre sold it was a good call to get Alonso back and is looking so sharp.

We've just had January window and spent £77 million on a 20 year old from Leicester City, who'd been tracking for a season or so, Sebastian Andrade, Argentinian wonder-kid on the right side of midfield, scores goals, makes goals, great crosser and finisher, already 85 rated. Also, bought 3 squad players in defence & midfield to cover the vast injuries we seem to get in central midfield.

Got PSG in the ECL coming up and made the EFL Carabao Cup final against Bournemouth later in the month, Van Djik is retiring at the end of the season so he will captain the side and lift the trophy, I hope.

End of season review

Well, as hoped, we lifted the League Cup with Van Djik captaining and lifting the trophy, 16-1 in the final, not bad.

F.A. Cup won as well, verses Everton, 10-1, (Van Djik lifting that trophy too)and the Champions League final verses Southampton, yes Southampton in a CL final, 8-0. Plus the League Champions with 114 points, 354 goals scored in 38 games, only 17 goals conceded and both Jesus & Alonso with 51 league goals each.

End of season review

Well, as hoped, we lifted the League Cup with Van Djik captaining and lifting the trophy, 16-1 in the final, not bad.

F.A. Cup won as well, verses Everton, 10-1, (Van Djik lifting that trophy too)and the Champions League final verses Southampton, yes Southampton in a CL final, 8-0. Plus the League Champions with 114 points, 354 goals scored in 38 games, only 17 goals conceded and both Jesus & Alonso with 51 league goals each.
Never mind, better luck next season. :funny:

Well, after a widespread 'virus' affecting FIFA 18, confirmed by PlayStation themselves, I've had to 'wave goodbye' to my historic FIFA 18 data and records and start again with FIFA 19.

Started new career mode with Liverpool. Opening few weeks of new season with established players at Season 1 status.

New Incoming Transfers

Ben Chillwell from Leicester City £10.5m
Jaime Vardy from Leicester City £23.5m
Harry Maguire from Leicester City £35.5m
Frenkie de Jong from Ajax £15m
Thomas Partey from Atlético Madrid £34.5m

Started season well with 9 wins on the bounce in league, 3 wins and a draw so far in CL and through in League Cup.

New era starts.....

Side note, started a second side career mode with Birkenhead's finest, Tranmere Rovers down in League 2 so starting from the bottom and work my way up the leagues hopefully, actually build the club up from it's arse :funny:.

Its a more 'fun' challenge than taking over a PL side where the money and set up is already in place.

Nice to do it with my childhood local boys as well, and nice to pick out on the ground where I once stood cheering them on in the golden era of the club in the 80's / early 90's.

All together now, 'Oh Birkenhead. Oh Birkenhead, Oh Birkenhead is wonderful, it's full of ****, ****** and Rovers, Oh Birkenhead is wonderful !'

Liverpool Career Update - Season 1

At January window stage, through to Semi's in League Cup v Bournemouth and won the 1st leg of that comfortably so first final beckons, doing great in league, no points dropped and through to knock-out stages in CL, up against AS Roma. Got two pre-contract players in the window to join us in the Summer, Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal and this guy....Alphonse Areola FIFA 19 Apr 23, 2019 SoFIFA a decent back up to Alisson, so when he arrives, I'll have the 3 keepers needed really for full support in that role.

January Transfer Window update

Pre-Contract Purchases update

Jan Vertonghen from Spurs (CD)
Munir from Barcelona (FWR)
Luke Shaw from Man Utd (LB)
Juan Mata from Man Utd (CAM)
Koke from Atletico Madrid (CM/LM)

Additional Purchases

Yan Valery from Southampton £300,000 (RB)
Jadon Sancho from B Dortmund for £9m (M/FLC)

Sales

Joel Matip to Wolves for £16m
Nathan Clyne to Arsenal for £17.5m

Last edited:
Season 1 update and through to FA Cup final after 3-1 semi-final win against Southampton, will be playing Chelsea in the final, won 1st leg semi-final against Barca, back to Anfield with a four-goal cushion (1st leg 7-3 win), have won league with games to spare. 2 league games left, lots of profit made so next summer's transfer budget should be tasty.

Summer Transfer Window Madness

With the Quadruple won, including a CL win against Real Madrid with a Vardy hat-trick in there too.

Made over £400m profit last season so got over £200m in the transfer market to spend and added another pre-contract signing in David Luiz from Chelsea towards end of last season and he's joined the rest of the squad from 1st July and now....

So onto the TW and only gone and signed Messi for £135.5m and Rodri from Atletico Madrid for £55.5m for the central right position with Messi up-top with Mane or behind Salah or Firmino.

End of Transfer window done and De Light bought for £42.5m and Bale bought for £45.5m to round off the window, had to 'sacrifice' Keita for £72.5m to PSG for them though.

Last edited:
Well, after a widespread 'virus' affecting FIFA 18, confirmed by PlayStation themselves, I've had to 'wave goodbye' to my historic FIFA 18 data and records and start again with FIFA 19.

Started new career mode with Liverpool. Opening few weeks of new season with established players at Season 1 status.

New Incoming Transfers

Ben Chillwell from Leicester City £10.5m
Jaime Vardy from Leicester City £23.5m
Harry Maguire from Leicester City £35.5m
Frenkie de Jong from Ajax £15m
Thomas Partey from Atlético Madrid £34.5m

Started season well with 9 wins on the bounce in league, 3 wins and a draw so far in CL and through in League Cup.

New era starts.....
I didn’t know consoles got viruses. That’s a bit worrying for all that save data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"