The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IV

Discussion in 'RPG Archives' started by BnKRPG, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Ash Loomis

Ash Loomis Registered

The muck clings to my boots as a trudge through the sewers of Gotham. According to the newspapers the remainders of bodies have been scattered all over the sewers and subways across Gotham and nearby cities. I’m still waiting to find out what Oracle’s found, but I’ve decided to take a look around the areas the killer’s been known to frequent most often. My handheld scanner doesn’t pick up much that the police haven’t already caught. There’s so much junk down here it’s next to impossible to distinguish what could be a clue and what’s something that’s been flushed down a toilet. Jesus, this is a real waste of time. It’ll take me hours to get the stink out of my suit? If only I had an Alfred to take care of that sort of thing. What the hell possessed me to dress up in my best Beetle suit anyway? Oh well, I…

“AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

A scream. Oh God, a scream! Let me be in time! I dash through the muck, faster than even Superman and the Flash combined could never hope to excel to. Please God, please let me get there in time! It’s Grundy. And a little kid! Jesus in heaven, he’s going to bite off her head!

FLASH!

I blast his arm with my BB gun. The girl splashes into the sludge. I hope she’s alright. But whatever she may have cut herself on down there is better than what the alternative would have been. I aim my BB gun right at Grundy’s head and rush forward to attack.

“Yo, He-*****! Let’s go!”

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

"I heard your career had gone down the toilet, but this is ridiculous! HAHAHAHA!"

The Joker emerged from one of the sewer tunnels, his gun pointed at The Blue Beetle. He hadn't expected interference from any do-gooders this early in the game. But it was just a C-lister. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

"I see you found Solomon Grundy for me," he said, "Thank you kindly. Since you were...such a help, it would be a shame to just shoot you. So why don't you throw that little gun of yours over here. We'll let Grundy take care of you..."

3. Ash Loomis

Ash Loomis Registered

OK, I did not make that big dramatic New Year’s Resolution just to be shot by Bozo or some Big Daddy reject from Land of the Dead. Knowing the Joker, that thing could possibly just be some cheap joke shop gun, but I can’t risk it. I thank God about the recent modifications I’ve made on the Bug. If it weren’t for those I’d be a goner. But that’s not the issue right. First off, I’ve got to get this kid out of here.

“OK Mister Clown Prince of Slime,” I say looking down at the filth he’s standing in. “I’ll drop the gun. But only after that kid gets the hell out of this sewer. Let her run off, and we’ve got ourselves a deal.”

She looks up at us, as she cowers in the pollution, too terrified to speak any words.

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

The Joker cocked his head thoughtfully at The Blue Beetle's proposal. He looked down at the little girl, giving her a sinister grin.

"You know what? I've got a better idea."

The Joker casually put a bullet through the little girl's chest, sending her flopping back lifelessly into the murky water.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, you didn't see that one coming, HA HA! Oh, heh heh, dearie me!"

What an amateur! If this had been Batman, he'd have attacked first, asked questions later, gotten the little brat to safety himself. But this schmuck clearly didn't know what he was doing.

"Boy oh boy, you're out of your league, bucko," The Joker cackled, "You think you can negotiate with me? Are you really that stupid? Don't you know I'm craaaaaaaazy? HA HA! Oh well, I guess we can say that the kid's death was your fault. Shame on you, Mr. Beetle. HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The Joker took great satisfaction on the look of horror on The Blue Beetle's face. The Joker glanced down, then looked back up at his unworthy adversary.

"I say it was a schoolboy error," he continued, "You expect those from a subpar superhero such as yourself. You made another one in not having a full awareness of your surroundings."

The Joker pointed down at The Blue Beetle's feet. He was ankle-deep in murky sewer water. The Joker, meanwhile, was raised up on a dry stone path. Grinning tauntingly, The Joker took out an electric hand-buzzer from his pocket, switching on the current.

"Now, let's see what this does. HA HA!"

The Joker let the buzzer drop into the water.

What an amateur.

5. Ash Loomis

Ash Loomis Registered

As that sadistic monster flings his buzzer into the water I leap into the air and grabbed a sewer pipe. It’s rusty and old, but it manages to hold until I can use my BB gun to destroy the device. I try to swing at the Joker with it but that’s too much for the old thing. It snaps and I fall right on my ass. But that doesn’t stop me I blast the Joker with superhuman speed with my weapon.

“YOU BASTARD! IT WAS A KID! A ****ING KID! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? IT WAS A KID!”

The Joker is on the ground, head spinning from my weapon’s effects. I don’t bother to tie him up, instead I leap upon him and begin battering him with blows.

“THAT WAS A LITTLE KID! DOESN’ THAT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?”

I keep on hitting him and hitting him. Dear god, if only I had remembered about Harley.

“You ain’t laying a hand on my puddin’ you yucky bug! It’s time to squash ya!”

I attempt to dodge the swing of Harley’s mallet but I’m only quick enough to avoid getting my head smashed off. The blow knocks me a few feet away. I’ve lost my BB gun. I attempt to stagger to my feet, but as I do, she knocks me down yet again. As I spit blood she turns and looks to the Joker.

“Wanna finish him off, Mr. J?”

I stay on the ground and press a button underneath my left glove. I fumble a few words quietly and pray that I’ve spoken quickly enough.

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

The Joker staggered to his feet, wiping a trickle of blood coming from his mouth.

"Heh heh, that was quite a nice rally, Blue-Boy," he chuckled, "But I've taken better beatings than that. And of course that poor child's death means something to me. It'll give me something to laugh about before I go to bed tonight! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Brushing off his jacket, The Joker turns his attention to Harley Quinn.

"Finish whats-his-name off for me, sweetie-cakes," he said, "I need to have a little chat with Solomon Grundy."

7. MaskedManJRK

MaskedManJRK Registered

After I sent the message out, I decided to go on patrol.

I walked took a private elevator and pressed a hidden button, which took me to a lower-level garage, where one of my "Bat" cars waits for me. I start her up and let out into the city.

After a few hours, I noticed a pillar of smoke coming out of the sky. I turned across Finger Memorial and headed for the "pot of gold under the grey-colored rainbow," if you will.

As a got a few blocks away from it, I noticed a shadow move across one of the building-tops. I stopped on a dime in an alley, took my grappling gun, and in seconds leaped to the roof.

It was easy to see who it was. Red and white aren't really blending colors.

"Deadshot. Since you're obviously not stupid enough to do anything illegal in my city, what are you doing here?"

8. Franklin Richards

Franklin Richards Registered

Why stupid Bug Man stop Grundy? Girl said somethin'. Me don't remember. Me just remember the pain. Must forget the pain. Bug Man and Clown fighting. Bug Man hit clown.

Who am that? Pretty Eyes. She have pretty eyes. Hahaha. She swat stupid Bug Man. She am so pretty.

Bug Man am up again. Clown talking. Pretty Eyes and Bug Man am gonna fight?

"No."

The force of Grundy's blow rips a hole into this level of the sewer. Water and sludge flow freely along with concrete.

Down,
    down,
    down.

When the smoke and scum clear, three figures lie on the ground. In the center stands Solomon Grundy. The motley crew is assembled in an abandoned bomb shelter. Long forgotten since World War II. Grundy moves towards Harlequin and with a gentleness not recongnized in the beast, cradles her in his arms.

"Pretty Eyes will be ok. Solomon Grundy will protect her. Solomon Grundy will hug and squeeze her. She am pretty."

Solomon turns towards the stirring Joker.

:marv: :marv: :marv:

9. Ash Loomis

Ash Loomis Registered

I am engulfed in sewer water before I can finish speaking. I wave wildly attempting not to the drown, but I'm too weak. In sheer luck, I'm able to find a ladder to hold onto until the water dies down. The criminals are gone, most likely down that huge hole in the ground. I quickly grab some weapons and supplies from the Bug. I consider treating my wounds before going after them. Then I of the tortured face of that little girl as her brains became just more gunk in the sewer water. I leap down.

10. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I step into my apartment and hit the lights. I take off my coat, throw it onto the couch, and turn on my computer. As I set down my bag, I hear a familiar ping.

"You have mail!"

Hmmmm.

I open the e-mail. It reads:

"This is Batman, I'm inviting you all to join The Outsiders."

The Outsiders? I think I've heard that before. A vigilante group that Batman was rumored to be apart of. Took down some prominant mobs in New Jersy. Saved the president when some psychotic mob boss who thought he was Zeus held him hostage at the Olympics a few years ago. And I remember reading some files I.....borrowed.....that mentioned Batman and a group of vigilantes stopping some government consperacy.

Sounds interesting.

I respond to Batman, telling him to meet with me to talk about it.

After that, I get changed into jeans and a T-shirt, put my coat back on, put my mask on, and hit the gas release button.

Time to go ask a few questions.

Meet the Sesslers. A happy little nuclear family who'd make Norman Rockwell proud.

They have ten minutes left to live.

They walk down the streets of hub city. Little Cindy and brother Max play a small game of tag. Father and Mother happily jog along to keep up. They know that the city can be dangerous at night, but this is the financial district. The good side of town. They shopuld be save.

They're not.

As they pass an alleyway, a voice calls out to them.

"......h....help."

Mother stops. She turns into the alleyway. Father follows her. He calls out.

"Hello?"

The children slowly and quietly follow their parents. Father turns back to them.

"Kids, stay...."

Suddenly, a tall green figure falls from the sky, unharmed, and stabs the two chuldren in the back with the large talons on it's hands. Mother cries out in sheer terror.

"KIDS!!!!"

Suddenly, the creature emits a high pitched, blood curtling wail. The parents double over in pain, and the creature steps forward. It stabs the father several times in the chest, and slits the mother's throat. It kneels down besides her, retractes it's talons, and waits for her to bleed to death. Then, it dips it's finger into the pool of blood she lies in, and begins to write on the wall. It continues to do this until it's macabre work of art is complete.

A large, blood red question mark.

A pair of green wings unfold from the creature's back, and it shoots up into the air, letting out it's demonic wail.

11. SuperFerret

SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

Gorilla City
    The Past

Is there a problem, Nnamdi? I ask, using my most polite tone of voice.

“Humans, Grodd.” He answers, sounding stunned, “Humans have entered Gorilla City, but they have left.”

“THEY LEFT!!!” I bellowed, “You allowed them to leave alive? They know of the city! They know where we are located!

If the humans returned and destroyed the city, I would not be able to conquer it. And there was something odd about the way they smiled. Something foreboding.

12. LibrarianThorne

LibrarianThorne Registered

Water whipped across his face. He was fighting a tidal wave, taller than any yet recorded and currently bearing down on Tokyo. If he was weak, millions of innocent people would die. If he was weak.

It was eighty five miles from shore and visible from the coast of Japan by the time he'd caught up to it. It was moving, he'd heard, at about a hundred and twenty miles an hour, whipped up by a massive underwater earthquake. Significant tectonic movement that he couldn't do anything about, but he had top stop this tidal wave. If he didn't, it would be one of the worst disasters in human history.

He began by moving so fast he became a red and blue blur, using heatvision to flash fry the water. After seconds of circling down the wave, he could tell he hand't made a dent. He'd done absolutely nothing.

What could he do? Reacting quickly, he plunged himself into the churning sea. He began flying around underwater. Faster and faster. Faster than he thought he could go, at least underwater. He circled it, as fast as he could, creating an underwater vacuum. He could feel it, this consturction of nature's wrath unbound, he could feel it slow down. Slowly, painstakingly slowly it seemed to him, it stopped. Faster and faster he flew, the water surging around him in anger. The tidal wave was sucked down into the ocean's depth, deeper and deeper. Leagues under the sea he brought it, until the sea calmed. He flew up through the undersea depths, surging out of the sea in a cascade of sea water. He was in Tokyo bay, and the gathered JSDF looked up at him. He saw the fear in their faces, and frowned. He turned away from the city, and flew away. Home. To Metropolis. But first, he had to see someone.

It was a small farm in Kansas. One he'd seen many times, and knew about as well as anyone could know any place. Pa was just coming in from the field, and looked up as his son flew in.
    "Well, hello there Clark."
    "Hello, Pa. Know where Connor is?"
    "Hmm. Last I saw he was in the living room with your Ma. Never could understand how a healthy teenage boy could stand to watch those daytime soaps, but Connor's a good boy. Unity messed him up pretty bad, son. I think you and he need to talk."
    "Pa, you couldn't be more right."

He strode into the home he knew so well, and found Connor and his Ma sitting on the couch he used to sleep on as a kid, watching some daytime soap opera he couldn't name if he tried. Connor looked to him first.
    "Superman?"
    Ma turned to him. "I was getting to wondering when you'd figure out what had to be done, Clark."
    Superman smiled. No one on Earth, besides Lois, knew him as well as the three people here on this small Kansas farm.
    "Connor, I've told you a thousand times, you can call me Clark."
    "All right, Clark. Why're you here?"
    "Walk with me, Connor. It's time we had a talk. Past time. Up for a flight?"
    "Um, sure, I guess. Is this gonna be another lecture?"
    "Well, we'll just have to find out, won't we?"

They walked out, he in the outfit he always wore, Connor in his t-shirt and jeans. They both waved to Pa before taking to the air.
    "So... what did you want to talk about?"
    "I don't really know, to be honest. I just know it's time we had a talk."
    They flew together in silence, for a little while. They were passing California when Connor broke the silence.
    "Unity was a really scary time, Clark. I... I remember Bludhaven. All those dead smiles... The dead people everywhere. And then there was you. Fighting like a demon posessed, but fighting on the wrong side. You were a bad guy, and finally, I just didn't know what to do. I just sorta lost it. When the whole de-Unification thing happened, Ma and Pa called me. They were so sad, sadder than I'd ever heard them. It just, it just caught me off guard. I've never heard them sad, you know? Not like that. So... I went there. And we talked."
    "About?"
    "Stuff."
    "What stuff?"
    "You know... stuff stuff."
    "Oh, I see. It's something you don't want to talk about. You think it'll hurt me. You know, I did the same stuff when I was your age. When I didn't want to tell people about something I thought would hurt them. The difference between them and me? I've got bulletproof skin. Tell me, Connor."
    "They think... Man, I shouldn't tell you this. But you asked, so I guess I've got to. They think that, well, they they failed you. That they raised you wrong, and that's why you went crazy. Why you could be corrupted. Why you could turn on everything and everyone you held dear. And if I can't look up to you, Clark, then who can I look up to?"
    "Oh."
    The silence resumed.

Somewhere over Cambodia, Clark broke the silence.
    "I don't know what happened, really. I mean, yes, I know what happened, but now I can't think of how or why I could do it. And that scares me, Connor. It scares me a lot. I was lucky that the Unity wasn't intelligent with my powers. It's something you get to thinking about, after you get posessed by evil so many times. Why don't they use your powers better? I could destroy this entire planet before anyone could stop me, drill to the core and freeze it with my ice breath, or break apart the tectonic plates at a hundred and fourty thousand miles per second. That really scares me."
    "Clark?"
    "Connor, I'm not going to be around forever. One of these days, a supervillain is going to get lucky and finally take me down." His face looked grim for a moment. "Tell me, Connor, what do you think is hardest about wearing the shield?"
    "Honestly? Living up to you. To your legend. To your myth."
    "I thought you'd say that. You want to know what I think about, when I'm in this suit? When I'm out there, fighting the never ending battle, waging the never ending war?"
    "What?"
    "I think about what will happen if I fail. I think about all the people that will suffer if I am found wanting. And I think about hope. I think about when people see me in the sky, they know that they have a protector who will shelter them. That, above all else, is why I do what I do. For hope."
    "But what about now, Clark? I mean, so many people are afraid of you..."
    "Now, well, now I fight to bring that hope back. It made this world just a little bit brighter, and now I can't find it. And then some days, I wonder if it's been worth it at all. All the flying around, all the fighting, all the ceaseless battling injustice. I never really thought about it before, because that hope was there, but now it's gone."
    Connor rested a hand on Clark's shoulder. "You can't carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, Clark. No one man can, not even a Superman. You've done more as Superman to help this world than anyone else. Without you, there'd be no me, and that's the least of it. You've saved this whole world more times than anybody can count. You can't beat yourself up over this whole Unity thing. The world needs a Superman. They need you, even when they hate you."
    "I know Connor. Believe me, I know. But still, I wonder."

13. Harlekin

Harlekin Business

The Wall: Part IV
    Gotham City

Agni, member of the Jihad and a pyrokinetic was walking out of the 7/11 with a bag of supplies. He hated these stores, symbol of the capitalist Western society he abhorred, and wanted to burn it all down before his very eyes, but he decided a more cautious approach was necessary. For now.

What Agni did not know was that Deadshot was watching him from a rooftop, and that within a few short minutes his life would be over. Suddenly, and without warning, a bullet was fired and went straight through his heart, and bag's contents fell onto the street. Agni yelled in pain, as he fell alongside them.

Deadshot turned back to the Batman that had asked him so pointedly what he was doing. With a grin hidden by his mask, he only replied:
    [​IMG]

14. MST3K 4ever

MST3K 4ever BRING IT BACK!

Darkseid listened to Luthor and replied, "I do not join others they join with me. However since we both do share a common interest I will not interfere with your operations, so long as you do not interfere with mine. My final plan is almost ready and my quest for the anti-life equation is nearly at an end. With Superman eliminated it will be almost too easy. The rest of the league is yours and your associates I don't care about them....Superman....his interference will no longer be tollerated. We will meet again Luthor"

He opens a boom tube and leaves.

15. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

The Joker lurches back into consciousness. Where the hell was he? He picked something brown and sticky off his sleeve and flicked it across the room. Then, he looked up and almost jumped out of his skin when he saw the hulking form of Solomon Grundy standing before him.

"Good golly, dear Solly!" The Joker gasped, "You gave me quite a turn!"

The Joker wondered if Grundy recognised him. They'd worked together in the past. But that was in one of Grundy's previous "lives", so he may not remember him now. Grundy looked away from The Joker, at...oh, this was perfect! The beast had a crush on Harley Quinn.

"Do you like her?" The Joker asked.

Grundy turned back to face The Joker. Good, he'd got his attention.

"Harley, that's her name," he continued, "And I am The Joker. Harley and I are like...a little family. Do you want to join our family, Solly?"

16. Ash Loomis

Ash Loomis Registered

These clowns (pardon the expression) aren’t going to be hard to find. Grundy is a reckless oaf. The trails of smashed walls he’s left me to follow could only be more obvious if he had put up signs saying “Me am that way!” I’m using a spare scanner to track them down, but I doubt I need it, finding them truly is not going to be a problem. Capturing them is what I’m worried about. I’ve changed into a new, bullet and acid proof Beetle suit incase the Joker and Harley didn’t lose all their little toys in the flood. On my shoulder lies a large stun rifle. It should be more than enough to stop the Joker and Harley in one blast. I’m not sure about Grundy, but if I can avoid physical confrontation with him, after a few shots he should be down. After what I let happen to that kid, I should know that I’m not worthy to be hunting down these guys. I’ll probably just let more people get hurt. But right now, I’m the only guy here. I have to stop them or no one else will. Please God, just let me do something right just this once…

The little boy was scared. He wanted his sister. Where had she gone? It was dark, cold and wet down in the sewers. Would monsters be down here, like the zombies in that movie he and his sister had watched? He shuttered. All he wanted to do was play a little joke on his sister, and now he was lost. Maybe forever, maybe he’d never…

Voices. Somebody was down here! The boy ran through the corridors of filth following the sounds. But when he got to his source his eyes widened in fear. Nothing he had see in “Night of the Living Dead” even came close to the sadistic gleaming of the Joker’s eyes…

17. Spider-Man9X17

Spider-Man9X17 Ultron was sitting on him

"Patrons os an L.A. gentlemen's club gto an extra thrill today, as..."

"Next."

"...growing crime rate in Gotham City. Even the sewers are not safe...."

"Bats' territory. Next."

Kyle floated just above Earth's atmosphere, where satellite signals were the best. He flipped through various news channels on a projected TV from his ring, looking for anything to pass the time.

"Cheese may be the newest weapon in the fight against liver disease..."

"Nope."

"...still no suspects in today's assissination of the President, though authorities still believe religious idealists may hold the key. The Vice President is due to be sworn in..."

Kyle pulled the TV back into his ring and checked his bearings. D.C. was on the other side of the globe right now. Oh well, he liked long trips. Time to think. Without hesitation, he jetted off across the space way, the lack of wind not rushing through his hair.

18. batnkevlar

batnkevlar Registered

So I was at this party this one time, actually a couple of days ago. It's funny how I am still recognized as that one green guy from "Space Trek:2099". Ok, now, flashboack scene:

Woah. That chick is SO hot. I gotta remember her number. I walk through the front doors of some guys house. My cousin, Matt Logan, is my wingman for tonight. One must always have a wingman.

Everyone's running around hysterically, holding plastic cups in their hands that remind me of any (and every) teen movie I've seen. Hopefully this isn't Scream or something.

"Drinks?" asks Matt. I shake my head.

"Not for me," I said. "I don't drink."

"Are you serious? What did you do at those wild and crazy Hollywood parties? Coke?"

"If you mean Coca Cola, then yeah, when I was invited," I replied.

"I didn't mean the drink... what do you mean, when you were invited?"

"I wasn't always invited. I was a kid back then, Matt. Plus, I was a green kid."

We walked towards the TV room, brushing past people making out on the floor and such. No details, please. You see, it was a Friday night and I had nothing to do. This party was a friend's friend's cousin's sister's house. Funny how that works out.

There was a girl passed out on the couch, so Matt sorta lifted her up and threw her over one shoulder to move her. But Matt isn't a strong guy, so he crumpled under the weight and they both crashed through the glass table in front of the them, drinks and coaster going flying.

"Ow."

"Ow's right. Now calm down. Sit down, watch TV or something. I'm goin cruisin for chicks."

He struggled to the couch and amid the hulking masses of people that seemed to share one mouth, he watched Spongebob. Not a very extroverted guy, Matt was.

I walk around and talk to different people. People bump into me, some people ignore me, but of the people I talked to, there were some other "celebrities" here. One girl's moth was Paris Hilton's hairstylist. Born with a silver spoon in her mouth, she said. I soon got bored with her. Dumb as a rock.

Some guy stumbled into me and offered me a drink.

"Drink?"

"No, I'm cutting down. All that goes straight to the ass you know," I replied, donkey ears sprotuing from my head. He then tried looking at his own ass for a couple minutes, spinning around and around in circles.

"Aren't you that Titan guy?" asked a girl.

"Yeah, I actually am. Why?"

"Drink?"

WHAT'S WITH EVERYONE OFFERING ME DRINKS???

"Um, no, you see, my powers have sort of boosted. Instead of morphing into any animal I want, I can morph into grains like barley. So technically, drinking beer's like cannibalism."

I left her to ponder that one. I went back to Matt, who was entangled ina heap of prostrate bodies, still watching TV intently.

"I heard Final Night IV is out," I suggested.

"You bored?"

"Yeah."

"Let's leave."

"Let's."

19. twylight

twylight One And Only

A Few Weeks Ago -

Muffled digging sounds came from the closet and the only visible human presence was a jean clad rear end raised in the air.
    Mia Dearden’s front half was deep in the closet, going through boxes.
    “I know it’s in here some-where” she grumbled.
    She’d promised Connor she’d return the wrist guard she’d borrowed from him several weeks ago during training. She didn’t see the rush about it. But he was his father’s son.
    Her hands brushed a box that had “Dinahs” written in large bold black marker on it. Mia paused before pulling the box out of the closet and sitting down on the floor, her legs tucked under her.
    It was a box someone named ‘Zinda’ had sent. Apparently Dinah had left this stuff on a plane or something and had sent it to the ‘next of kin’ which was listed as Ollie. He’d promptly lashed out with swearing at the ‘out of date listing’ and given the box to Mia.
    She’d forgotten about it between all her Teen Titans missions and her adventures with Ollie. She touched the canary shaped pendant which hung around her neck and traced its lines through her t-shirt. She kept it safely tucked under her t-shirt’s collar, to make sure Ollie never saw it.
    Opening the box’s flaps she glanced in at the contents. She dug past a pair of boots, a cloak, gloves, hair ties and some female products before finding an MP3 player. Pulling it out she looked at it, curiously.
    Flicking it on, she found that the battery still had a charge in it. Putting on the ear pieces she flicked through the music.
    Strains of music filtered into her ears.
    “Oh, why can’t you behave, and do just as you should? Won’t you turn that new leaf over…?” a soft melody sung by a rich female voice. Mia glanced at the artist “Porter/E. Fitzgerald” was listed.

She flicked to another song, “It’s the wrong time, and the wrong face, though your face it charming, it’s not his face…” Same artist...she skipped to another song, finding it different from the smooth 1950’s sound she’d heard so far. Mia smiled, Dinah enjoyed some rock-n-roll…she moved from the floor to her bed, flopping across it, listening to song after song.
    This was Dinah’s music, and if music was the language of the soul…this was Dinah’s soul.
    Mia flipped over on her back.

She remembered the video’s they’d watched on New Years. Roy had found them somewhere and brought them over for them to watch, minus Ollie of course. They were tapes of old JLA Christmas Parties. Mia had been tickled to see that Batman hadn’t ever changed he stood sullenly in the corner. Mia and Lian had sat transfixed as the story played out across the TV. In one Dinah sang ‘Santa Baby’ and they marveled that her voice was so pretty. Connor made a joke about her singing like a canary.
    In a newer one Dinah had placed a sprig of mistletoe on Batman’s cowl and kissed his cheek while Ollie looked on, amusement on his face.

It didn’t seem fair that the legacy of the Black Canary stopped at Dinah. She’d always been a ‘minor’ hero. But Mia had seen some old newspaper clippings. Dinah had rubbed shoulders with Martian Manhunter and Superman, and been treated as an equal. She always carried herself with poise and somehow managed to stay feminine while kicking butt.
    Mia smiled bringing her blonde hair over her face. All the Black Canary’s had blonde hair, or at least they wore a wig.
    Mia stared at her hair, she was a natural blonde.

Mia jumped off the bed and removing the earplugs she raced down the hallway stuffing her feet into shoes and grabbed her wallet with one thing on her mind.
    Black spray paint.

20. Franklin Richards

Franklin Richards Registered

The Pain. Always the Pain. But not as much when Pretty Eyes is around. Stupid Clown talking. Him say somethin' about family. Grundy member Clown.

Maybe Grundy follow for a bit.

"Grundy stay with... Harley."

:marv: :marv: :marv:

21. Batman

Batman Dramatic Example

This isn't right.We shouldn't be doing this.

Go jump off a goddamned cliff already.

The time was 2:12 am.Two-Face preferred it that way.

The guards,being the usual,predictable Gotham rent-a-cops that were usually assigned to these types of tasks,were asleep on the job.

Two-Face had already ordered his goons to sweep the area for any SWAT team members.If any of them were caught by any hidden officers,they'd press a button on the beeper each one of them were given,which would alert the rest of the gang,and Two-Face,that they should leave the area immediatley.

One would give his freedom for the rest.That's how dedicated they were.It almost made Two-Face proud,had he actually had half the emotion of pride left in his soul.

So far,no signal.It had been 40 minutes.Two-Face waited an additional two minutes before deciding that the coast was finally clear.

This isn't going to work.You know it isn't.

What's a matter,Dent?Getting yellow on me again?Or have ya just lost the spine for this kinda job?Not that ya ever had it to begin with...Ya weakling.

Yeah,you act all tough and brave now.But wait till the police show up.Or even our old pal Batman.I'm just sure you want to see him again...

In a city like this,Bats has got alot more to worry about than us.He won't be trouble.Not on a night like this.So just shut it,before I blow my OWN brains out just to stop listenin' to ya.

Two-Face looked at the bank from the car window.He could see his boys rushing back.Good,then.The sooner this job was over,the better,as far as he was concerned.He watched as they stopped infront of the window.Two-Face motioned for the driver to roll it down,which he did.

"All set,Boss."

Two-Face sneered.

"It Better Be.Or Else One'a You Is Loosin' A Head,Tonight."

The men looked at Two-Face in horror.Not because of the threat...but because they knew the only thing stopping Two-Face from doing it anyway was a coin toss.So,really,the threat only lessened their chances of making it through this employment alive.

Two-Face looked at the time.It was now 2:22 am.Perfect timing.

"It's Time.Do It."

Less than a minute after Two-Face gave the order,smoke started coming from the building.Even from outside,the guard's gasps for air could be heard.Two-Face had ordered his men to set gas bombs all around the building,before entering.And it seemed to be working.

Two-Face nodded at the boys,giving them the go ahead to continue phase two of the operation.The boys nodded in response,before taking out individual gas masks,putting them on,and entering the building,carrying sacks.

I'd give it a minute before someone catches them.

Shut the hell up.

Two-Face would've aided in the operation himself,but,He decided to sit it out,after a coin flip.Besides,it was probably better he didn't go himself,just in case the police or Batman really did show up.And the last thing Harvey wanted,at this point,was to spend another night in Arkham.

Two minutes passed,before Two-Face switched on a walkie talkie he kept in the car.

"What The Hell Is Takin' Ya?"

The responding message was static,at first,but Two-Face eventually heard the voice of Ricky,who was leading this part of the operation.

"Everything's goin' real smooth,boss.The guards are out,the boys are loadin' up the goods...We got it covered."

You were saying,Harvey?

Laugh now.It's only a matter of time before you get us caught again.

There's a better chance a' you growin' a spine.Which is pretty damned impossible.

Minutes later,Two-Face watched as his boys came running through the smoke,carrying full bags across their shoulders.The operation was a sucess.A grim smile came over the peeled,disgruntled lips of Two-Face.All that was left of Harvey Dent's lips,however,simply stayed in place.

Whimp.

As the boys loaded the bags into the car,Two-Face could hear the faint sound of police sirens.

"Hurry It Up!I Ain't Goin' Back Ta Arkham!"

The boys doubled their efforts,and got the gold loaded into the trunk within seconds,before slamming it down,and nearly diving into the car.Two-Face turned to the driver.

"Floor It!"

The driver immediatley slammed his foot on the gas pedal,making the car speed away from the area.As it sped back into the Eastern district,where Two-Face's hideout was located,The sirens faded.Two-Face couldn't help but laugh,thinking about it.Those idiots never even had a chance.

When the boys looked at him for laughing,though,Two-Face's short lived cheerfulness faded.

"What The Hell Are You Looking At?"

They all looked away.Two-Face sat back in his side of the limo,which,of course,was stolen.

I hate this life.

I live for this.

22. Spike_x1

Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

Lex rapped his fingers gently on his desk as he watched Darkseid leave.

So, the Lord of Apokolips had plans of his own concerning Superman. "So be it." After Luthor's plans for the Alien were complete, all the better for Darkseid to finish him off.

Lex touched a hidden button on his desk that revealed his bodyguard's concealed miniature office at the rear section of Lex's own enormous office. His masked guardian stepped back out and walked towards his boss.

"Joseph, now is the time to put my plan into action. Take this," Luthor took a small handheld mechanism out of his upper left-hand desk drawer and handed it to Joseph. "At 11 o'clock this evening, take this sonic signal device to the highest level of the elevated parking garage on Stern Street, activate the ultra high-pitched frequency to attract Superman to your location, then engage him. Once he's lured into the pre-targeted coordinates, make your escape." Lex grinned smugly. "I'll take care of the rest."

With those instruction set, the bodyguard nodded silently and left the office through an untraceable series of lead-lined sewer tunnels that fed into a network which ran throughout the city.

23. MaskedManJRK

MaskedManJRK Registered

I let my cape unfold over me, while I moved to my belt to take out some Batarangs if needed.

"'One to go?' You're not doing anything illegal in my city, are you?"

24. Watchman

Watchman Adios, Cowboy

Crane got up from the dirty floor and went to sleep. It must have been hours later but a sound awoke Crane. It sounded like a struggle and then silence. He moved toward the door to see if he could get a better look. Figures dressed all in black stood at the door...they were ninjas.

"Who are you?" Crane asked

"Johnathan Crane?" a man came forword who was taller then the rest of the ninjas. "My name is Ubu and I come on the behalf of Ra's al Ghul".

"What do you want?"

"We've come here to set you free", the cell door clicked and it slowly swung open. "Your freedom though does come with a price", all of the men step back into the shadows, "My master will be in touch" and with saying that he was gone.

Crane stepped out of his cell there was no one in sight not even one guard. Crane kicked something metallic. He picked it up and held it into the moonlight, it was a key. He walked the halls most of the guards were dead and reached the room were they kept the prisoners items. He walked and few minutes later came back out with costume and fear gas.

[​IMG]

The Scarecrow headed toward the exit when something caught his eye. Agent Stone in an office laying on the floor breathing and so was the guard who hit him but wounded. He found some rope and tied them up. He dragged the bodies to an unmanned police car with keys in it. Ra's mens other gift Scarecrow thought. He placed the men into the car and heading toward his destination, Bludhavan.

Hours later Agent Stone awoke in incerdible pain he looked around and there sat Scarecrow. He tried to get up but he couldn't and screamed in pain.

"Oh don't get up for me" Scarecrow said. Stone looked down at his hands they were nailed to the arms of the chair he was sitting in and his feet were nailed to the floor. "Those nails were courtesy of the families sitting right with us". Stone turned his head and there sat a whole family on a couch with giant smiles wrapped around their faces. He let out a giant scream.

"Nobody can hear you Agent were in a kingdom of the dead" The screams continue. "Now you said you wanted the Joker well I dropped your guard friend off in Gotham and he is looking for him right now and soon he'll be here to have a nice chat with you but that doesn't mean I can't have my fun" Gas came out of Scarecrow's arm and into Stone's face

"dO yOU KNoW whAt IT feeLS lIKE tO DIE AgeNT WeLL I Do AnD IT caN RiP yOUR MiNd InTO pIEces!" the screams continued from Stone. "wELCOME tO mY kINgDOm Mr. STOnE... THE KiNGdom Of tHE dAMned"

Back in Gotham a man was running around close to Gotham Sewer plant saying over and over again "Scarecrow Bludhavan...apartment 15....152 second street".

25. Harlekin

Harlekin Business

The Wall: Interlude
    Gotham City

"Why don't we say I didn't, but I did?" Deadshot said with a grin as he immediately fired a bullet that would fly right next to the Bats' face. If he dodged to the right, he'd be dead.

"No toys Bats, if you want to do this. You'll have to do it like a man." he said as he took out a gun and threw it towards the Batman.