The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IV

Harlekin said:
The Wall: Interlude
Gotham City
"Why don't we say I didn't, but I did?" Deadshot said with a grin as he immediately fired a bullet that would fly right next to the Bats' face. If he dodged to the right, he'd be dead.

"No toys Bats, if you want to do this. You'll have to do it like a man." he said as he took out a gun and threw it towards the Batman.

A gun? Frankly, that's not enough to scare me anymore.

"Fine."

I cock it and hold it up, seemingly to his head, but aiming for his knees. I can't see because of his mask, but I KNOW he's surprised.

"Didn't see this coming, did you?"

Gotham City

MaskedManJRK said:
A gun? Frankly, that's not enough to scare me anymore.

"Fine."

I cock it and hold it up, seemingly to his head, but aiming for his knees. I can't see because of his mask, but I KNOW he's surprised.

"Didn't see this coming, did you?"
Truly, Batman's action surprised Deadshot, but beneath his mask he couldn't help but smile as he saw Batman hold the gun, pointed at his head, at least, that's the way it would look for anyone watching.

"Who you trying to fool Bats? It's aimed at my knees." You just didn't try to con a master assassin and expert in weaponry when holding a gun.

"On the count of 3 now...
3."

And Deadshot's bullets flew through the sky, aimed right at Batman's head.

"Anything?"

Kyle finished his sweep of the room, then turned to the agent in charge.

"No. Few fainting life force patterns, but nothing the coincides with the time of the murder. Whoever did this was good. They had this place staked out, knew how to avoid detection."

"Metahuman?"

"Don't know. This is the kinda thing I would've turned to the League for."

"Well, we appreciate your help anyway, son."

"That's what I'm here for."

Kyle shook the agent's hand and then powered up, rocketing back towards the heavens.

-

"There he goes," a thick, stubby finger pointed to the screen of a cutting edge survelliance unit. The energy readout was spiking.

Across the darkened room, a tall, wiry man approached the booth. The glare of the screen reflected off of his glasses.

"Good. Get a fix. I want full survelliance set up on him within the next thirty six hours."

"Yessir."

Franklin Richards said:
The Pain. Always the Pain. But not as much when Pretty Eyes is around. Stupid Clown talking. Him say somethin' about family. Grundy member Clown.

Maybe Grundy follow for a bit.

"Grundy stay with... Harley."

:marv: :marv: :marv:

The Joker nudged Harley Quinn, whispering in her ear.

"Do you hear that, pumpkin?" he asked, "Zom-boy has a crush on you. Play nice with him. We're going to need him."

Harley obeyed, walking towards Grundy and somewhat hesitantly putting her hand on his.

"Okay, Grundy," she said, "Why don't you take me and Mr. J outta this dump?"

"Great idea, snookums!" added The Joker, "I need a chance to breathe fresh air again. Or should I say putrid Gotham air? HA HA! And besides, we've got to go make some more new friends..."

Ash Loomis said:
The little boy was scared. He wanted his sister. Where had she gone? It was dark, cold and wet down in the sewers. Would monsters be down here, like the zombies in that movie he and his sister had watched? He shuttered. All he wanted to do was play a little joke on his sister, and now he was lost. Maybe forever, maybe he’d never…

Voices. Somebody was down here! The boy ran through the corridors of filth following the sounds. But when he got to his source his eyes widened in fear. Nothing he had see in “Night of the Living Dead” even came close to the sadistic gleaming of the Joker’s eyes…

Another brat!? Was there an orphanage down here or something?

"Looking for something, sport?" The Joker asked, clamping his hand down on the boy's shoulder.

"My...my sister," the boy stammered in reply, his eyes wide with terror.

Ah, now it all made sense. This little twerp clearly knew who he was, and was terrified. Well, he should be terrified...

"Oh, your sister!" The Joker cackled, slapping his hand against his forehead, "Of course! We met her earlier, didn't we? HA HA! I have a pretty good idea where she is now, kiddo. Would you like to join her?"

Harlekin said:
Gotham City

Truly, Batman's action surprised Deadshot, but beneath his mask he couldn't help but smile as he saw Batman hold the gun, pointed at his head, at least, that's the way it would look for anyone watching.

"Who you trying to fool Bats? It's aimed at my knees." You just didn't try to con a master assassin and expert in weaponry when holding a gun.

"On the count of 3 now...
3."

And Deadshot's bullets flew through the sky, aimed right at Batman's head.

There wasn't any time. No time to fully duck out of the way, leaving me only to drop to the floor. No time to drop the gun and use my own weapons.

I had to use the gun.

Goddamnit, I had to use the gun.

I aimed as low as I could and fired. The crack was deafening and so was Deadshot's scream.

He dropped to the floor, holding his leg. It looked like it cracked part of the knee. I had to wince, remember when Deathstroke did the same to me a few months back. I walk over to Deadshot, quickly sliding the clip out of the gun, dropping all the bullets to the ground, sliding the barrel off, and throwing all the pieces over to the other sides of the building.

"Listen to me, Floyd, and listen good. You're going to walk--or crawl, whichever you can actually do--out of here, and out of this city. You ever try and cause trouble in this town again--"

I take one of my Batarangs--the big and sharp ones--and point it to his face.

"I'll cut you in ways that will make you useless to a woman."

I take the Batarangs, and stab down--just a few centimeters from the skin between his legs. I can't help but smirk at my next phrase (which, honestly, is a stinker).

"Get the point?"

As Darkseid was making final calculations a weak message from Apokolips came across the computer screen.

Kantu appeares and says, "Lord Darkseid I am afraid that I have dreadful news for you. It seems that Desaad has staged a coup and has taken your throne. He has spread word throughout Apololips that you have been killed and that you left everything to him. I realize that this news is most distressing but it has taken me sometime to rig-up this crude communications system to you...I beg of you sire please return and reclaim your rightful place as Lord of Apokolips."

Darkseid glares at the screen...he opens a boom-tube to Apokolips and steps through.

OOC: By popular demand Darkseid is no longer under my control....whoever wants him can have him.

I've been sitting here for a little over an hour. I'm inside an office building that I broke into, and in my hand is a cam corder with a long range night vision lense (swiped it from the tech locker at the station). About twenty feet away from me is anapartment building. I am currently spying on the apartment directly across from me. It is the apartment of one Lisa Fillion. Over the past few weeks, several dead bodies (all male) have turned up in alleyways around the city, with intricate designs cut into their skin. After busting the right heads, I find that all of the men were last seen leaving the same bar (on different nights) with a woman. In all cases, the descriptions of the woman were almost identical. Further threats of bodily harm and some well placed use of kitchen ware, and I get a name.

Lisa Fillion.

Currently, in the apartment of Lisa Fillion, several people are standing around a large stone in a circle wearing red robes, and they seem to be chanting.

Yup. Nothing suspicious here at all.

I count four people, and it looks like they're stanbding a the points of a pentagram, meaning we're expecting one more. Most likely miss Fillion.

After a few more minutes, Fillion walks through into the room, dressed in the same manner as the others. Behind her, on a chain that she's carrying, is a young man no older than nineteen by the look of it. He's wearing nothing at all. The others grab the boy, and chain him to the rock. Miss Fillion takes out a knife and holds it over the boy while she speaks.

Time to go.

I turn off the camera, put it in my coat pocket, grab the grappling gun, fire it towards the building, secure the reel to my belt, pocket the grappler, and hit the auto reel. I go flying out the window.

Christ, how does Bruce do this without pissing himself?

I crash me feet though the window as I unclip the reel, and go flying in. I trigger the gas canisters on my belt and fill the room with a yellow gas. I disarm Fillion and smack her across the face with the hilt of the knife. Two others, a man and a woman, lunge at me. I kick the man in the crotch and deliver a chest strike to the woman. I then grab the two of them by the back of their heads and slam their faces together as another comes up from behind be and I kick him in the face. Another lunges at me from behind and grabs ahold. The one I just kicked starts towards me. I grab my gun from my pocket and shoot the one in front of me in the leg while I slam my head back into the face of the one holding me. While he's confused, I spin around and shoot him in the leg aswell. He keels over in pain, whimpering.

I walk over to the boy chained to the rock, and see Fillion inching towards the knife on the ground. I point my gun at her.

"Unless you plan on joining whatever god it was you wanted to sacrifice this kid to any time soon, I suggest staying right where you are."

After a few seconds of hesitation, she lunges towards the knife. I shoot her hand. As she roles over in pain, I walk up to her and kick her in the face. She's out cold.

I walk over to the kid and set him free. Then, I take out my cell phone and dial 911.

"911. Please state the nature of your emergency."

"I'd like to report an atempted murder in apartment 9C in the building at 36 O'Neal street. Most of the criminals are either unconscious or in alot of pain. You should bring an abulance."

I walk over to the window and yank the grappler line out of the side of the building. I pocket it. I turn to the kid.

"Stay here and wait for the cops. And when they get here...."

I reach into my pocket, grab my camera, and pull out the memory card. I hand the card to the kid as I put the camera back into my pocket.

"....give them this."

I walk out the door and into the hallway to try and look for a fire escape.

I sit in my apartment, doing curls with a set of weights. Suddenly, theres a painful teiwtch in my temple as the vision in my left eye goes blurry.

Damn.

This has been happening on and off since The Joker tasered be in the head a few weeks ago. The doctors said I was lucky that I didn't receive any brain damage.

I walk into the kitchen and grab my meds from the medicine cabinet. I pop the pills, and just as the pain subsides and my vision clears, the phone rings. I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Vic. It's Izzy. I've got something you might want to see."

Gorilla City
The Past

The humans returned the next day. This time with armaments joining their eerie smiles. It seems as if they were annoyed by the events of the previous day. I heard that these humans had touched the gorillas they came into contact with, and then stepped away to observe the results of whatever they were trying to accomplish. It seems that they failed, so they have returned to destroy us all.

And Nnamdi was just going to let them do it. The fool pacifist. I watched, planning my own course of action, as he readied the guards with their weapons, all non-lethal means of combat. I’ll laugh later on when these methods fail.

Gotham City

MaskedManJRK said:
There wasn't any time. No time to fully duck out of the way, leaving me only to drop to the floor. No time to drop the gun and use my own weapons.

I had to use the gun.

Goddamnit, I had to use the gun.

I aimed as low as I could and fired. The crack was deafening and so was Deadshot's scream.

He dropped to the floor, holding his leg. It looked like it cracked part of the knee. I had to wince, remember when Deathstroke did the same to me a few months back. I walk over to Deadshot, quickly sliding the clip out of the gun, dropping all the bullets to the ground, sliding the barrel off, and throwing all the pieces over to the other sides of the building.

"Listen to me, Floyd, and listen good. You're going to walk--or crawl, whichever you can actually do--out of here, and out of this city. You ever try and cause trouble in this town again--"

I take one of my Batarangs--the big and sharp ones--and point it to his face.

"I'll cut you in ways that will make you useless to a woman."

I take the Batarangs, and stab down--just a few centimeters from the skin between his legs. I can't help but smirk at my next phrase (which, honestly, is a stinker).

"Get the point?"
"You're an idiot Bats." Deadshot sputtered as he raised his right hand, the barrel of his wrist magnum awfully close to the Batman's chest. "You always check for the gun!" he yelled as he unleashed, firing a set of bullets that hit Batman point blank in the chest.

As Batman was forced back by its force, Deadshot was able to get himself up. Bats' armour would protect him from most of the bullets, and luckily he was never much of a shot with a gun. The knee was hurt, but the bullet had missed vital parts.

"One more to go Bats, and I'll kill her, and I'll be out of your town. I made this one easy, see if you had the guts. Guess not." As he spoke, he had reached the ledge of the rooftop. "See you in the funny papers." and he fell backwards.

The woman crouched on the rooftop, deep in the shadows.
It was late and the wind nipped at her cheeks, unprotected under the hood of her long jacket. She was waiting. It had been two nights. She’d spent most of them on top of roofs, without a reason or thought. She had no purpose other than one.
Soon that purpose arrived.

The slender figure dressed in black landed lightly on the opposite side of the roof. The jagged edges of the cape rippled onto the rooftop, creating a stark contrast between the jet black fabric and the white of the snow.
“No, I haven’t seen anyone.” came a muffled female voice from the figure as it turned its head. It was hard to hear the voice through the cowl which covered the females face like a ski mask. Two little points of fabric rose from either side of her head, a poor imitation of what nature gifted bats with. The figure turned till her profile was visible, making it possible to see the soft lines of a teenage girl. The yellow outline of half a bat was visible on her chest.
Batgirl.

The woman in the shadows pushed down any urges she had. This wasn’t the time or the place.
Right now it was just surveillance. Close proximity surveillance.
The childish voice came again, “Alright, I’m on my way.” Before a line shot from her hand and she was gone.
The woman stayed hidden for a moment before emerging from the shadows and walking to the edge of the roof. She reached it just in time to see a small black figure disappear behind a building in the distance, the girl’s cape fluttering behind her.

The woman turned and gazed up at the sky. Clouds covered the skies over Gotham City. The bright moon light shone through them creating a soft blue toned glow which varied in intensity as it shone through different layers of clouds. Unlike the clouds that had been covering Gotham for days, these clouds brought no snow. Only cold, cold which seemed to burrow it’s self into the bones of the city’s populace. Pulling her hood off the woman allowed her dark hair down, the barely perceptible breeze pushed the cold air at her.
She turned and disappeared into the night, the large symbol of a bat behind her on the clouds.

The Wall: Part V
Gotham City

The following morning.

“You want to be a part of that?” Deadshot said, from the shadows as he pointed over to a school playground. Standing nearby, looking towards the playground, was his last target, Badb, a child barely ten years old but already a ruthless killer that took pride in her work.
“I just want to see them hurt. You killed Agni and now…”

Deadshot4.jpg

“Hmph. We heard all about you in prison, mistuh Deadshot. About you and your brother. How he was good at everything he did. Don’t you hate your brother?” she said as she got a malevolent grin on her face and tried to manipulate his emotions.
“I loved my brother.” Was Deadshot’s calm reply as he fired the fatal shot.

A black truck pulled up outside jet on an abandoned airstrip. Ra’s stepped of its back door with a ninjas at each side. He made his way up the stairs to the jets door, but paused as he noticed one of his guards standing beside the door.

He lent forward towards the man.

“Is he safely on board?”

The ninja nodded

“Good.” Answered Ra’s.

Ra’s entered the jets cramped washroom; he filled the sink with cold water then splashed it over his face. He looked at his reflection with a sly smile. His left hand caught his eye, it was shaking. He garbed it and closed his eyes. “Not now” he muttered to himself.

“Master?” a voice called from outside the door

Ra’s clenched his fist and with concern in his eyes looked back at his reflection. Ra’s exited the washroom and with a stern look on his face, stared back at the ninja

“Master where is our next destination?”

“Gotham, to visit an old friend”

The Wall: Epilogue
Belle Reve Prison

Amanda Waller was sitting all alone in her office, filing more and more papers. It was getting late and she was just ready to head home when she heard the familiar click of a pair of wrist magnums.

“Mission successful then, Lawton?”
“We’re through Wall. I don’t work for you unless I’m in one of these cells. You got that?”
“Loud and clear.”

She turned around almost immediately, but he was long gone.

One more stop to make before he could head home. He'd left Connor back on the Kent farm in Kansas, and had then turned north.

It never failed to unnerve him, his second, or was it third?, home. Surrounded by the frozen wastes of the Antarctic, the home he associated with his Superman persona. The Fortress of Solitude. Whenever he was there, surrounded by the trophies and mementos of his career as Earth's adopted protector, he felt somehow larger, grander than when he was in Metropolis. Perhaps it was merely being surrounded by the elements of dead Krypton, or perhaps it was the still astounding technology and equipment that lay within the Fortress, but there he knew that he was not human or Kryptonian, but a fusion of the two. Superman was the best of both worlds, and the Fortress always reminded him of that.

The arctic wind whipped across his face, freezing wind biting into his impervious skin. With his super hearing, he picked up the loud rings of a hammer. He knew the man he'd set to repairing the Watchtower would get the job done. After all, he'd saved that man's life, and as repayment, John Henry Irons had become Steel. Steel was one of the few men that Clark thought was worthy to wear the S-shield. Steel, more than many who had worn the shield over the years, embodied the very values that Superman fought to protect, and Clark considered himself lucky to count John Henry Irons as a friend and companion.

He swooped in through the as yet unrepaired ceiling. Below him, he saw Irons, woking in a pair of overalls and a long sleeved white shirt that was soaking with sweat. Oddly, none of the robots that usually busied about the fortress were online.
"The robots not of any help, John?" he said suddenly.
Steel lowered the massive hammer he was using and wiped the sweat from his brow. "Oh, no, they were a great help. Problem was, there was a kink int he power circuit that fed them most of their energy. Lucky that I caught it in time before something really bad happened," Steel said, turning to face Superman.
"Oh, I see. Think I could be of any use here?"
Steel arched an eyebrow at this. "There's got to be somethin' better for you to do than waste your time here."
"True enough, I suppose." Superman sighed. "I guess I should just get to the heart of the matter, then. Tell me John, what do you think of me? Am I doing any good any more?"
Steel maintained a quizzical look on his face, but only for a fraction of a second before he burst out into laughter. He looked up at Superman, and saw that Superman wasn't sharing in his laughter. "You... you're not seriously asking that question, are you?"
"'Fraid I am, John."
"Look, Superman, if not for you I'd have died years ago, street pizza on some street in Metropolis. I suspect a whole lot of folks would've ended up like me, or worse. You've done a powerful amount of good for the Earth, Superman."
Superman landed, finally. "I know, but it just seems that I can't help people any more. All the politicians and people coming out against me, and I wish so dearly I could be mad about it. But I can't, can I? They didn't betray my trust, I betrayed theirs. I turned on everyone, Steel. How can I expect anyone to trust me again?"
Steel smiled a large, comforting smile. "Because you're Superman, and you've always done the right thing. It may take you a while to make that decision, sure, but when it came down to it could Earth be free of Unity without your help? No. For all the power Earth has, there are threats it just can't deal with without you, Superman. More than that, you inspire people to do good things and make this world a better place. I understand what you're thinking now, with no one trusting you any more." He walked forward and placed a reassuring hand on Superman's shoulder. "No matter what, I trust you, Superman. Not everyone else does right now, and that's OK by me. They don't know you as well as I do."
Superman visibly relaxed. "Thanks, John. I just needed to hear it from someone." He took off into the air again. "I've got some things to think about, but I'll contact you later!" With that, he was gone, a scarlet and blue blur flashing across the sky.

Steel smiled, then returned to his work. That power conduit problem wasn't going to fix itself.

Harlekin said:
Gotham City

"You're an idiot Bats." Deadshot sputtered as he raised his right hand, the barrel of his wrist magnum awfully close to the Batman's chest. "You always check for the gun!" he yelled as he unleashed, firing a set of bullets that hit Batman point blank in the chest.

As Batman was forced back by its force, Deadshot was able to get himself up. Bats' armour would protect him from most of the bullets, and luckily he was never much of a shot with a gun. The knee was hurt, but the bullet had missed vital parts.

"One more to go Bats, and I'll kill her, and I'll be out of your town. I made this one easy, see if you had the guts. Guess not." As he spoke, he had reached the ledge of the rooftop. "See you in the funny papers." and he fell backwards.

I get up from the bullets. None went through the armor, but I can feel the welts starting to tap-dance their dance of pain, promising more in the morning.

I considered going after him, but he was practically crippled by the shot, even GCPD could get him in that state.

I check my comm and found a message.

"This is Question. Heard your offer, interested. Meet me at Hub, I'll find you."

He's too the point, I'll give him that. I reply.

"Sage, it's Batman. Stay up, I'll probably be there in a couple of hours."

I fly on the line, off of the bulding, back to the Batmobile. I drive out and to the entrence to the Cave, where my..."most private jet" awaits.

Not even ten minutes later, I'm up in the air, flying in the Batjet towards Hub City.

Voices now. Either I’m going nuts or I’m getting close. It’s funny, the closer I get the sounds the farther away they seem. Do I hear a kid screaming? No way…man, must I really be messed up.

My scanner seems to detect life behind a wall. I don’t even stop running as I toss one of my plastic explosives straight at it. The thing crumbles almost as fast as my career did. It may have been strong once, but now’s it’s practically a piece of rubble already. I might as well of poked it.

I leap inside and…Good God! There is a kid! I don’t hesitate for a second. No quips pass my lips. All I do is aim my stun gun right at that horrid parody of God’s greatest creation. I fire multiple times as I lunge forward to grab the boy. This bastard isn’t playing Ted Kord for a sap more than once.[/SIZE]

Tap tap tap

“As you do know I expect everyone one to be here on time.”

Tap tap tap

“My favorite saying is never than late.”

Tap tap tap

“I keep a strict attendance record.”

Tap tap tap

“If you fail to show up for attendance three times, then I will drop you from class.”

Tap tap tap

“Any questions?”

Tap tap tap“Mr. Connor do you have anything to share with the class?”

Tap tap…plunk.. the pencil slowly drop rolls away from me.

I quickly turn my head to see Professor Mario staring at me. Dang it.

“No Sir, I’m well aware of your policies.”

“I’ve heard quite a bit about your track record with class, you will not be excused for any absences, am I making myself clear?”

I could tell by the way he looks at me that he despises my very existence, why? I have no freaking clue.

Grinding my teeth, and forcing a smile.
“Perfectly. Professor Mario. Crystal.”

“Now that I have everyones attention, lets continue with the lesson.”

Great. I have no time for this. I need to get out of here.

Bending over and reaching for my pencil I slow place my hand on ground.

“A little tk field should do the job.”

Concentrating a bit, I release a small field around the school building, causing it to shake so slightly.

“Earthquake!” I scream out.

The minute I shout out people started scrambling for the doors. Professor Mario the brave man that he is dives under the table.

Whistling to myself, I shuffle out of the class room with the crowd, following them outside to the school grounds. While everyone was screaming and running for the hills a quick dash using my super speed I zip on to the back of the building.

Tucking my glasses in my back pocket, I rip off my shirt to reveal a T-Shirt with an S insignia underneath.

“Got the day off I guess.” I chuckle to myself. “What’s that old saying?”

Slowly rising off the ground.

"Oh yeah. Up, up and away.”

Vertigo: Part I
New York City

“What do you want?” the super said as he opened the door, beer-can in his right hand, as a man dressed sharply in a business-suit stood before him, carrying a letter.
“This is the residence of Floyd Lawton, yes?” the man asked, with a strange accent.
“Nope. Ain’t here.”
“When will he return?”
“He don’t crash here – just uses my place as a letter drop. I forward the mail.”
“Could you give him this letter?”
“Yeah, sure, okay, hey – where you from anyway? You got a funny accent.”
“I’m from Vlatava, sir, thank you.” The man replied as he handed over the letter, and pulled his coat tight and walked away again, leaving the super behind with the letter in his other hand.

Institute of Meta-Human Studies
“Marnie Herrs?”
“That’s me.” Replied a bespectacled redheaded woman who looked up from her desk, surprised that mail had come for her at work. Then again, that usually meant it was for him. Why was she still doing this? Accepting mail for him, and calling him on their special line to know? Why was she assisting in murder? Why? Because she used to be in love with him, she knew.

When he approached her, to be his contactor, she hesitated, but he looked at her, and at that point she saw the man she loved. No longer being stuck in Belle Reve meant he wouldn’t be getting any direct mail via his NY forwarder, so he’d asked her to contact him when she would receive his mail.

She was alright with the deal, at times, there wouldn’t even be a letter for a year and she wouldn’t see him. It wasn’t like anyone be sending out a contract for a hit via the mail anyway, right? She pondered the question, letting the letter slip through her hands a few times. It wasn’t heavy or very thick, so it probably wasn’t even anything important. Probably still his ex-wife who wanted him back.

That thought made her sit up right and bit her lip. She’d been doing this for years now, ever since the Suicide Squad had disbanded and she’d never opened a letter of his. So against her better judgement, she opened the letter anyway, carefully removing the regal-looking seal. Floyd wouldn’t care.

She skimmed the letter quickly and her jaw dropped.
“Oh, no.” she whispered as she put the letter down again.

Ash Loomis said:
Voices now. Either I’m going nuts or I’m getting close. It’s funny, the closer I get the sounds the farther away they seem. Do I hear a kid screaming? No way…man, must I really be messed up.

My scanner seems to detect life behind a wall. I don’t even stop running as I toss one of my plastic explosives straight at it. The thing crumbles almost as fast as my career did. It may have been strong once, but now’s it’s practically a piece of rubble already. I might as well of poked it.

I leap inside and…Good God! There is a kid! I don’t hesitate for a second. No quips pass my lips. All I do is aim my stun gun right at that horrid parody of God’s greatest creation. I fire multiple times as I lunge forward to grab the boy. This bastard isn’t playing Ted Kord for a sap more than once.[/SIZE]

The Joker barely had time to dive out of the way of the Blue Beetle's stun-gun blasts.

"What? This guy again?" The Joker gasped as Harley helped him scramble to his feet, "If he's this hard to get rid off, maybe they should call him The Blue Cockroach!"

The Joker, Harley Quinn and Solomon Grundy retreat back to the exit of the bomb shelter. The Joker squirts his trick flower, firing a spray of acid at the boy's ankle.

"HA HA! The little brat isn't going to be able to walk out of here," he cackled as the kid screamed in pain, "So, now you have a choice: let us get away and carry him to safety, or chase us and leave him to die down here in the depths of the sewer. You know you can't do both. In a labyrinth like this, if you leave the kid, you'll never find him again! What a predicament! HAHAHAHAHA!"

He knew The Blue Beetle would save the kid instead. These "superheroes" were weak like that. As Solomon Grundy led Harley Quinn out of the shelter, The Joker looked back at The Blue Beetle.

"That was a daring little rescue, I must say," The Joker said as he backed towards the exit, "Maybe you aren't completely useless after all. And to celebrate you graduating from non-entity to mild annoyance in my books, I won't kill you until the next time we meet. Hasta la bye-bye! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The Joker took a bow, then hopped out of the shelter. He smashed a gas pellet against the ground as he exited, releasing a cloud of his laughing gas. That would stop The Blue Cockroach (HA HA, he LIKED that name!) from coming after him, and would force him to retreat with the kid in the other direction, out the hole he made in the wall.

The Joker caught up with Solomon Grundy and Harley Quinn, patting them both on the back.

"Well, Sexy-Lexy will be happy I've made the first the first steps in my part of our plan," The Joker declared, "Now let's see how he handles his..."

Vertigo: Part II
Institute of Meta-Human Studies

Marnie Herrs was confused as she read the letter again, not believing its contents. She had always believed Count Werner Vertigo a largely good man, and she could not see why this letter would suddenly come for Floyd, to actually… Could she say it to herself? Was Floyd going to be hired to kill his old team-mate, Count Vertigo?

Enclosed with the letter was key for an airport locker, containing his advanced pay, with the rest of the cash left in Vertigo’s own vault, for Floyd to steal after killing him. Had he already accepted the job, or had they simply assumed he would?

She was left with questions she had no answers too, and she would simply have to wait till he would arrive, unless she didn’t contact him. Could she prevent the murder of the Count, and also, should she? He had served the team well and just during his tenure, but he was still a super ‘villain’.

It was a question she pondered the entire day and slowly colleagues streamed by her office, wishing her a good night as she sat, enclosed by the darkness. It was bad weather out, and she contemplated sleeping in her office like she would occasionally do. On the other hand, she did not feel safe her now, unlike those nights before. She finally came face to face with the horrors that accompanied associating with Floyd.

She did not have long to brood, as when the first burst of thunder ran across the heavens, she jumped up in fear, only to hear his low, brash but oddly soothing voice.

“Got any mail?” he stood by the window and his face was lighted up when the lightning soon followed the thunder, giving him a truly intimidating look. Then again, he was a professional assassin. She quickly covered the letter with her hand but he’d already spotted and taken it.

“You read it, didn’t you?”
“Yes… I well… yes.”
“I thought we had an agreement.”
“Well… I didn’t expect this!”
“You should have. I’ll find another address.”
“Floyd…”

But the words fell on deaf ears as the lightning lighted an empty space and she was left within the darkness. Grabbing her car keys, she decided she’d sleep home tonight.

<GUY GARDNER>

A bright, shining light.

I've been up here for a few days.

I'm finally going mad.

Losing my mind, the cuckoo just flew the coup, I am one fry short of a happy meal, going WHACKO!

The light finally subsides.

And I can see...

A box.

A freaking box

I've flipped.

Guy has left the building, and now the ships running without a captain.

I look again.

It's got the old JLI symbol on it.

The League?

MY League?

Well, even if i've gone mad, it's not gonna make it any worse if I open it...

Vertigo: Part III
New York JFK Airport

Part of proving that he was capable of this assignment meant that Floyd Lawton, on the wanted list of every major federal institute in the world, had to walk into the JFK Airport and retrieve a sum of money from one of the airport&#8217;s lockers.

Assumed identities wouldn&#8217;t work, his mug was too recognizable. Then again, the trip to Vlatava itself needed taken care of as well, so it may be the best way to go about it anyway. Exactly why Deadshot did the opposite and just walked into the airport in his civilian gear, smoking his cigarettes.

The moment he walked in and didn&#8217;t douse the cig, a steward walked up to him and politely pointed out the &#8216;No Smoking&#8217; sign. Deadshot just smiled and fought the urge to blow the smoke in his face.

&#8220;Just gotta finish my smoke.&#8221;
&#8220;You can do it outside, sir.&#8221;
&#8220;What if I want to be in here.&#8221;
&#8220;You&#8217;ll have to wait.&#8221;

Before long, security had been alerted and were casually strolling towards the two arguing men. They exchanged worrying glances as they looked over to the smoking man, who had since then, just lighted another cigarette.

&#8220;Hey, Marv, I think that might be Floyd Lawton&#8230; Dee-eadshot!&#8221; one of the cops said as he looked over to his partner, who gave him a slap to the head.
&#8220;Are you an idiot, Joey? Like Floyd Lawton is gonna walk in here, just dressed in his civvies and not pulling a gun and blowing that poor guy away.&#8221;
&#8220;I guess Marv.&#8221;
&#8220;Yeah, you guess right.&#8221;

By now the two had approached Deadshot, and were joining the other man in politely asking him to stop smoking. Surprisingly, he complied and with a smile, asked them where the airport lockers were. Pointing him to the airport lockers, Floyd gave them a thanks and went on his way.

&#8220;See Joey, nothing&#8217;s the matter.&#8221;

I pick up the sniveling kid. Poor little guy. I hug him and try my best to bring him some comfort as I carry him out of the sewer. I can’t go after the Joker. This kid needs my help. What else can I do? But that doesn’t mean that the Joker, his bimbo and Grundy are going to get away. I’m not the only hero in Gotham.

I take out a small communication device that I use to instant message heroes who I have some kind of a relationship to. It starts beeping.

“Batman! If you’re there, pick up now! This is Blue Beetle! The Joker, Solomon Grundy and Harley Quinn just got out of the sewer system in Crime Alley! A kid’s been injured so I need to get him to hospital! I need you to go after them, or if you’re busy, to send Red Hood, or Nightwing or somebody! The Joker’s armed for sure with some acid, but I suspect that they’ve got some other weapons on them as well! If you’re there, please pick up!”

BOOOOOM!!!

The vault doors exploded open as the electric locks exploded from the inside, courtesy of the Weather Wizard. And, as the doors fell to the ground with a loud thud, Weather Wizard and the Trickster were greated by a smiling Mirror Master, who casually stood inside the vault with his arms crossed.

"What kept ye?"

"Very funny, McCulloch", said Mardon, "Now, hurry and grab the...cash..."
His sentence trailed off as he looked around the vault to see it already cleaned out.
"What the--why the hell didn't you tell us you'd already cleared it!?"

"Well, truth be told, you boys looked like you were havin' a bit o' fun with th' explosions and all that jazz", answered McCulloch with an cocky smirk.
"I dinnae wanted to ruin it for ya."

"Well, let's get the hell out of here before we run into any trouble."
Just as Mardon finished the sentence, the Trickster went flying past him and slammed into the wall beside the open vault door. Mardon and McCulloch quickly instinctively went into action as they turned and engaged the speedster, Jay Garrick. Doing jobs in this town, one had to be able to think and react quickly to survive.

"Give it up, boys. I don't want to hurt you, but you aren't getting away", said Jay as he zoomed in and punched at McCulloch, only to have his fist go right through the phantom Mirror Master.

"Ye'll have to do better then that, lad."

Weather Wizard moved to the top of the large bank ceiling and began to rain down bolts of lightning at the original speedster. But, of course they didn't quite hit their mark.
"Hold still, dammit!"

"Sorry, son", said Jay as he easily avoided the blasts, "that's not ever going to happen."
Taking off his hat, Jay tosses it like a frisby at the flying Weather Wizard, dazing him and knocking him to the ground.

While Mardon was fighting Garrick, McCulloch went to check on the Trickster.
"Jesse, are ye okay?"
"Yeah, I'm good", said the Trickster as he dusted himself off and got to his feet. Jay rung his bell pretty good, and he still fealt it, but it wasn't going to keep him out of the fight. Not while his friend, Mark Mardon, was fighting alone against a speedster.
"Come on, McCulloch! We've got to go help him."

"Aye, lad, we will. You just keep 'im occupied with Wizard. I'll be back", said Evan as he melted into the reflective tile floor of the bank.

"Where are you going?"

"I've got to grab our ace in the hole."

James Jesse sighed and shook his head. Everything was cryptic with the Scot.
As Jesse ran into the fight, he wasn't surprised at all be the sudden, and large, hailstorm that suddenly appeared in the bank.
Weather Wizard's eyes flared angrily with lightning as he called down hailstones the size of softballs onto the Flash.
Garrick avoided most of them, but not all. He took a shot to the head and chest as he tried to move around them.
Ducking behind some cover to regroup, Garrick lets go an exasperated sigh as he moves to avoid a glob of silly putty C-4 which clings to the table he was under and explodes.
Immediately after throwing the bomb, the Trickster finds himself the victim of a dozen punches in under a second. Out of the fight for now, Jay let the Trickster slump to the ground.
Turning his attention back to Mardon, he was about to charge him when McCulloch's face appeared in the huge bank floor.
"Hullo there, Flasher! Or should I say, old Flasher. Ye seem to be a bit out of place fightin' us whipper snappers. So..."

McCulloch is suddenly standing behind him, and he's not alone, "I've brought you a friend more your age."

"Hello...there...Mr. Garrick. So nice...to...see...you...again", said the Turtle as he smiled a toothy grin, showing off his rotten festering teeth.

Upon entering the bank, the Turtle immediately stole Jay Garrick's speed, thus making him a sitting duck for Mardon, who takes him out from behind with lightning bolt.
"All right...let's get back to the safe house", said Mardon as he joined McCulloch and the Turtle, and the Trickster who was just coming too.

"Sounds good to me", said McCulloch as he and everyone else disappeared into the floor.

--------------------------

After divying up the loot, the Turtle was brought back to where ever it was McCulloch found him, and Trickster sat down in front of the forty-two inch plasma TV they had to watch an old stand up routine from the late Richard Pryor.
Mardon walked up to McCulloch, "I'm going to hit up Josie's for a few drinks. You want to join me?"

"Temptin', but nah. I'm just going to relax here for a bit", replied McCulloch as he sat in a comfortable recliner.

"Suit yourself", said Mardon as he put on his hat and walked out the door.

As he left, Cold walked up to the Mirror Master and tossed a letter in his lap.
"Got the mail earlier. This was in your PO Box."

McCulloch gave the letter a curious look as he saw no return address on it. All it had was the address to his PO Box of M. Masters. Interesting.
McCulloch tore open the letter and began to read. As he read on, McCulloch's eyes went big and he began to smile. After finishing the letter, his smile threatened to engulf his entire head.
"What's up, McCulloch? What's it say?"

"It says, my dear Captain, that I'll be taking a leave of absence for a couple a' weeks."

"Ah, job", states Cold matter-of-factly as he takes a swig from a beer.

"Aye, it's a job. And a bloody good one at that. From the look of things, I'll be headin' out in the mornin'."

Cold tossed McCulloch a beer, and raised his, "Here's to good huntin'."

"Aye", said McCulloch as he opened his beer and raised it, "here's to good huntin'."

Billy Batson stands at the crosswalk waiting for the signal to walk looking at his watch . I've got to get to the studio in 10 minutes for my newscast. Luckily for me there isn't any major stories going on just another quiet day in Fawcett City

Just then the alarm at the 1st National Bank begins blairing. Billy sees two men running out of the bank carrying large bags of money shooting back into the bank. They jump into a car and speed off as someone comes out of the bank yelling, "HELP WE'VE BEEN ROBBED!" Holey Moley looks like Captain Marvel is needed.

Billy looks around and sprints into an alley. Well so much for a quiet day in Fawcett City. He looks around the alley and doesnt' see anyone and says one word, "Shazam!"

KABOOM!!!!!!

Captain Marvel takes 3 running steps and takes flight. He spots the getaway car and begins following it. He flies low enough to get underneath the car, picks it up and begins flying. He hears the two robbers screaming, "AHHHHH!!!"

He says, "Take it easy gentlemen I'll have you back on the ground in a few minutes" Captain Marvel sees an open spot at the police impound yard and lands the car. Two officers come walking out of a building and just stare at the car.

He runs around the car, grabs the guns from the robbers and hands them to the two officers. The robbers try to drive away but Captain Marvel stands in front of the car holding it in place. They finally give up and Captain Marvel says to the two officers, "These two men robbed the 1st National bank. If you look in the car you'll notice that the money is in the backseat, you are holding the guns they used, and also this is a stolen car as well."

One of the officers says, "How do you know that Cap?"

He replies, "If you notice hanging from the rear view mirror is an airfreshner that says 'the world's greatest mom' and neither of these men have wedding rings. Now if you'll excuse me I have another committment" As he turns to go he looks at the robbers and says, "I hope you two men will use your time in prison to think about the mistake you have made today, and how you can be productive citizens here in Fawcett City when you are released good luck to you both." . Captain Marvel takes to the sky and flies to WHIZ studios. He lands behind the building sees that no one else is around and says, "Shazam!"

KABOOM!

Billy runs into the studio his boss Mr. Henderson says, "You're on in 5 minutes Billy." Billy replies, ""Run a couple of PSAs I have a scoop Captain Marvel just caught the 1st National Bank robbers, I need a few minutes to type up the story"

Billy sits at his typewriter and begins typing out his story and Mr. Henderson says, "Great work Billy! We'll hold up long enough for you to get your story together." Billy as he is typing says, "Okay Mr. HendersonI'll be finished in a few minutes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"