The Wrestling Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sage

The World's Finest
Reaction score
Welcome to the newest wrestling thread. Hunter assigned me as the guy to make it since Squared Circle is about to be closed.

Here we'll talk about all forms of pro wrestling: WWE, TNA, ROH, and other promotion that comes to mind. We welcome Puro and any Lucha expertise.

As per tradition, here's the link to the old thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=281896

Now, let us begin.

No Way out Predictions

WWE Championship Match
Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena

I am hoping Orton wins tonight and we see a triple threat at wm , but that would be more interesting so I'm going with another Supercena victory. Which is a rela shame considering Orton deserves to be in the main event at wm.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

Edgeheads attack rey before the match , he comes out and loses relatively quickly

ECW Championship Match
Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. CM Punk

Chavo retains , maybe a run-in from shelton benjamin.

SmackDown/ECW Elimination Chamber Match
Big Daddy V vs. The Great Khali vs. Finlay vs. Batista vs. The Undertaker vs. MVP

Undertaker without a shadow of a doubt. Batista eliminates Big daddy V , Finlay eliminates Khali , Mvp eliminates finlay , Batista eliminates Mvp , Undertaker eliminares Batista

RAW Elimination Chamber Match
Jeff Hardy vs. JBL vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H vs. Umaga

Triple H , it makes sense. I just hope they have Jeff win mitb at wm , jericho eliminates jbl , umaga eliminates jericho , triple h eliminates umaga , jeff eliminates hbk , triple h eliminates jeff .

Career Threatening Match
Ric Flair vs. Ken Kennedy

I could see kennedy getting the win and flair will ask for one last match at wm , that way flair could actually win his last match . Also Kennedy can technically say he retired flair.

I'm going to miss The Squared Circle a I named it :hehe:

JohnCena228.jpg

I'd like to HHH/Orton/Cena rather than Cena/HHH II. But as it stands, I think Orton will lose the belt back to Cena.

Edge/Mysterio: Edge.

Smackdown EC Match: Undertaker--there's no one else left for Edge to face. Finlay's feuding with McMahon, Khali and Big Daddy V just aren't championship material, MVP has more time go before becoming a viable main-eventer, and Batista has already faced Edge three times.

RAW EC Match: Unless they pull the ultimate swerve and have Jeff Hardy win, I call HHH.

ECW title match: Chavo retains. I'd rather not see Punk since he no longer needs the belt and could be moving on to bigger and better things on Smackdown.

Flair/Kennedy: Flair. The Nature Boy's final dance is at Wrestlemania where the Showstopper awaits him.

I thought the other thread still had at least a thousand posts to go? :huh:

but the old thread has about 2,000 posts to go....o well

Orton can still be in the Main event at Wrestlemania 24 even if he loses the belt to Cena tonight.

Orton can exercise his rematch clause for Wrestlemania 24 against Cena. Triple H comes along and the Triple Threat is born.

Can I ask you guys something and I don't mean to be a smart ass, I'm just curious.

Why do you watch wrestling? I mean, what is fun about watching a scripted sporting event in which the results are pre-determined, that focuses on guys in spandex, covered in grease, having stupid gimmicks like an irish midget or a zombie FAKING to beat one another up?

Can I ask you guys something and I don't mean to be a smart ass, I'm just curious.

Why do you watch wrestling? I mean, what is fun about watching a scripted sporting event in which the results are pre-determined, that focuses on guys in spandex, covered in grease, having stupid gimmicks like an irish midget or a zombie FAKING to beat one another up?

I have no idea. I am almost out on wrestling, but Ring of Honor (the exact opposite of WWE) is the reason I haven't abandoned wrestling all together. I also like FIP and PWG, which are Indy Companies similar to Ring of Honor. I watch more Mixed Martial Arts now then I do wrestling.

short answer , its entertaining. also sometimes you get caught up in the moment like you would if you were watching rambo or something.

I could have sworn that the last thread didn't reach 20,000 posts :huh:

Think of it as a live action comic book each week with over the top storylines and personalities with good guys and bad guys with huge muscles and bright costumes who solve their dispute through violence

It's like a soap-opera with a more "live action" feel. It took me a loooong time to get into it...I used to fall asleep every time Spoons would watch wrestling. Eventually, I started paying attention and I got into the storylines and such.

There are the characters, some of which you find interesting and compelling depending on how good the performer sells it. There are the storylines that can be fun and interesting. Then there's the athletics behind. Granted, it is pre-determined and scripted, but quite a bit what you see does hurt. Men do train to learn to take bumps, fall, and even get hit for real at times. There is a bit of an art to it, to make what's not real appear to be real. Wrestlers are like stuntmen, except they don't get to do more than one take.

To me its a live action cartoon/soap opera with ladders. I dont view it any differently than any other tv shows i watch

the should be a wrestling section .

wrestling

wwe
ppv
raw
smackdown
ecw
divas
tna

roh

independent circuit

the should be a wrestling section .

wrestling

wwe
ppv
raw
smackdown
ecw
divas
tna

roh

independent circuit

It would be pretty boring on the Hype. There aren't enough wrestling fans on this site to make it active enough. There are a lot of other forums that break those down into sections, though.

The same reason we watch movies...we're entertained. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"