The Wrestling Thread’s Giant Man Arms Make It Less Aerodynamic

Status
Not open for further replies.
What killed Goldberg for me was when the streak became such a joke. It's one thing to keep hyping the undefeated streak, but then, like he would win a match against like Scott Norton, and they would say "161-0" (or whatever), then Virgil and Horace Hogan would attack him after the match, and he would jackhammer them both, and the announce team would be like "now 162-0!!! AND 163-0!!! This is the greatest moment in the history of our sport!!!"

:funny: that is true, they did try to ramp the number up stupidly high as if Goldberg needed any BS to be over, the guy was like a cyborg warrior, there was no exaggeration needed to get him over as a destroyer.

I think it got to the point where people were figuring out that to have the number WCW claimed he'd have had to be having a dozen matches in the week between Nitro's.

Force? Force what?

Are you saying Batista raped all those girls backstage??

Daniel Bryan looks like he is ready to join the Wyatt family.

Force? Force what?

Are you saying Batista raped all those girls backstage??

No not rape, but more than one Diva has said that he basically used to urge the girls to sleep with him as it would help them if they did but if they didn't, well it could hurt them

No not rape, but more than one Diva has said that he basically used to urge the girls to sleep with him as it would help them if they did but if they didn't, well it could hurt them
I guess it worked for Melina.

I guess it worked for Melina.

:funny: to be fair I'm sure some hopped on his junk quite willingly to get a push, but if you look at youshoot Batista and Orton are the two guys that every Diva says are *****ebag's.

:funny: to be fair I'm sure some hopped on his junk quite willingly to get a push, but if you look at youshoot Batista and Orton are the two guys that every Diva says are *****ebag's.
Well hey, women like *****ebags :o

Didn't Undertaker put a stop to Batista's BS with the divas?

Did he try to make a pass at Michelle?

Must we not forget this is the same man who would have made Shawn miserable if he didn't do the right thing at WM14....Doesn't have to negatively effect him for him to say something. Undertaker was the "Papa Wolf" backstage.

The Wyatts vs Shield will be mega dull when it happens.

Also the rumours of Vickies in ring evaluation is a joke on TnA's GutCheck seems like a really cheap move from the E.
Just get rid of Vickie already she might get mega heat but I'm just sick of her voice and seeing her play up to thinking she is "sexy".

Looks like WWE is already getting behind Sami Zayn with this two page article on WWE.com, they even reference him being El Generico: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/wwe-nxt-july-3-2013/introducing-sami-zayn-26128257

A testament to Generico's talent that he managed to standout with a different persona than the one he was previously using.

:woot:

And I am just loving all the Wyatt Family promos. I've been watching them while I'm at work right now. Cannot wait to finally see them on my TV.

Last edited:
Must we not forget this is the same man who would have made Shawn miserable if he didn't do the right thing at WM14....Doesn't have to negatively effect him for him to say something. Undertaker was the "Papa Wolf" backstage.

Was that when he supposedly sat down near the curtain backstage and watched the match, ready to go out and "enforce" if he needed to?

Maybe. I mean he would've kicked Shawn Michaels' ass if he didn't put someone over.

:woot:

And I am just loving all the Wyatt Family promos. I've been watching them while I'm at work right now. Cannot wait to finally see them on my TV.

Gotta love the results NXT is producing...Goes to HHH and Dusty Rhodes are miles better at developing talent then Johnny Ace or even Cornette during their times of being in charge of developmental.

Also allowing a good variety of character molds with both the makes and females is critical to the product.

New Interview with Cody Rhodes:

Are you looking forward to coming to SA?

Very much. We don’t get a chance to come to South Africa as much as the other international spots, so I can tell you everyone is very much looking forward to coming.

What matches will you be participating in?

I will be competing with Tons of Funk, which means the ring is reinforced for these two gargantuous men that are pitted against me and my partner. I know Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler will also all be a part of the tour.

What do you think will happen in the match?

Anything can happen in the match when you have gentlemen of that girth. I know that if you’re not a fan of WWE or if you’re new to WWE or if you’ve only seen it on television, you’ve only seen a blip of the matches, a glimmer. With the live shows, you get a lot of the ‘sports’ of the ‘sports entertainment’, which is one of my favourite things about the world tour.

Who of the other wrestlers will you be supporting?

I don’t necessarily, you know. It will sound horrible, but I don’t really support that many of colleagues, except my best friend, Damien Sandown who is part of my tag team match. But I always support someone like the World Heavyweight Champion like Alberto Del Rio and see what he does in his Championship match because he is quite the villain, and it makes for very compelling television and very compelling matches.

Do you think wrestlers take you less seriously because of your looks?

When you have been dubbed the Most Handsome Superstar, it doesn’t make you any friends in the male locker room, but I have been able to hold the accolades that I have reached in the career I have had at my young age. I’ve been able to back up whatever I have and that’s important - holding your own - so I think they all take me seriously now.

Is it a blessing or a curse being a second-generation wrestler? What are the pros and cons?

It’s very simple. The pros are that it’s very easy to get into the field. It’s very easy to have the contacts within the large organisation like the WWE. But the cons are, ‘Hey, I am Cody Rhodes, I am the son of a Hall Of Famer and three-time World Heavyweight Champion’ – that pressure that people will try to put on you, the expectations that they try to give you is astronomical. It’s important when you’re a legacy to do something completely different than what your predecessor did. I don’t do anybody any service by being Dusty Rhodes Junior, I have to be Cody Rhodes and it’s worked for me so far.

What impact does your brother Goldust have on your wrestling career?

Goldust is, you know, an interesting individual to begin with, but I can tell you that the things he has offered to my career are a lot on the physical side. He’s a lot easier to steal little manoeuvres from than my father. So as far as how I compete as a wrestler in-between the ding-ding-ding, has a lot of influence from Goldust.

It has been a while since you had a main story line. Will that be changing any time soon?

For me, it’s really one of those things as I am very young in the industry, and I can easily get frustrated with what is happening story-wise, but it’s too much fun for me to concern myself with that stuff. I am able to go out, and lot of the times with Damian Sandown, and we’re able to go out and get this riot reaction from our audience and for me, that’s too much fun. I hope to be a huge part of the WWE future and I consider myself one of the flag-bearers for the next ten years, so I am sure I will have plenty of stories in the future.

Which do you like being more – a face or a heel?

I like being me, and unfortunately for some, being me means that I’ve been deemed as a bit of a bad guy. But I am honest, I’m a little bit of a jerk and it beams across the television set as such.

What does the future hold for Team Rhodes Scholars?

The future for Team Rhodes Scholars is no Team Rhodes Scholars. Damien is my best friend and I do enjoy tagging with him, especially the banter that exists on the microphone between the two of us. But, we are not a tag team. We can take the team right out of Rhodes Scholars so that hopefully he can pursue wonderful things in the industry and as can I.

How do you get yourself psyched for a match?

A lot of coffee. (laughs) The most important thing for me is that I warm up. It is impossible for me to get psyched up unless I am warmed up because nobody wants to get injured. What we do is entertainment, but it is still SPORTS entertainment. So for me that’s my way of getting psyched up - a good 10 to 15 minutes of yoga stretches and not speaking to anybody.

Who is your wrestling hero?

Shawn Michaels. I kind of grew up past my dad’s generation and I wasn’t really able to see a lot of what he did and a lot of it isn’t even on. So Shawn Michaels was the one that kept my attention as a young man watching. I always wanted to see him fight back, he was always fighting from underneath and it was very dramatic for a young man who is feeling the same way. He was always my hero.

Last edited:
IIRC Shelly Martinez got fired for turning down Batista.

Didn't Undertaker put a stop to Batista's BS with the divas?
Yeah, I believe Batista got into an altercation with Mickie James and Undertaker stepped in to sort it out.

Favorite promotions at the moment are: NJPW, WWE, and PWG. There are some good things and bad things about ROH. They aren't nowhere near as bad as they were last year, but still they have been better before. TNA sucks right now, but they have been much worse in the past too.

I was excited for his return and was looking forward to the feud with The Rock that he was put into, sadly it became obvious pretty quickly that he was a shadow of his former self and a month later he was being Rock bottomed on a tray of poo and wrestling in jeans. :(
Yeah. :csad:

I think maybe the struggles Punk has faced getting to where he is means he'll get behind anyone that loves the business and is trying to improve and break through, he understands where they are coming from and will not pre judge based on where they come from as he's been on the reverse end of that from Steph and co.
Agreed, and I'm glad he seems to be that way rather than the other.

Definitely, there are arguments here from time to time but it's mostly banter, jokes and discussion, and everyone gets their side and isn't cut adrift from the group if they don't like the threads biggest favouritesm, for instance Donnie and Union Jack don't like The Shield and I've not seen anyone jump on them.
Agreed. Of all the wrestling and wrestling related forums I've journeyed through, this is the place where I prefer to be.

That place was wrestling board hell, that thread got to the point where apparently Snitzky was a better worker than HBK and he was even on the indies! They had whole discussions about Jerry Lawler's punches and Finlay's leg work, reaching levels of excitement that usually requires the presence of a hot woman. :funny:
:lmao: My goodness, WTF?!... :doh:

Now we just need Nex to start loving JoMo! :D
Heh. :D :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member