The Wrestling Thread Dated a girl named Katie...And it didn't end well. - Part 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel someone involved with creative is always watching us and when we start to slip away they give us an inkling of something that'll drag us back in.

Heyman did that for me tonight. I did not expect to see him in the WWE again until Brock Lesnar returned.

I was hoping for:

- The Wrestling Thread Says Feed Me More
- The Wrestling Thread Says Your Welcome
- The Wrestling Thread Says Shut Up Harold

If You Ever Look At The Wrestling Thread Again, I'll Rip Your Stinkin' Heart Out And Feed It To My Damn Dogs!

Hunter sure picked the wrong time to not watch.

I can catch the promo on Youtube, plus they'll both just end up mugs for Cena in the long run so no biggie, now if they'd done an angle with Heyman managing Brock vs Punk, then I'd be interested!

I can catch the promo on Youtube, plus they'll both just end up mugs for Cena in the long run so no biggie, now if they'd done an angle with Heyman managing Brock vs Punk, then I'd be interested!

It wasn't a promo.

Punk attacked Cena in the main event, giving ADR the win. He then threw Cena onto the hood of the car, stood over him and said "Respect." Punk then goes back to the car, onto the passenger side. The car is about to drive away, the driver side window pulls down and Heyman gets a peek as he's driving past in the parking lot area.

It wasn't a promo.

Punk attacked Cena in the main event, giving ADR the win. He then threw Cena onto the hood of the car, stood over him and said "Respect." Punk then goes back to the car, onto the passenger side. The car is about to drive away, the driver side window pulls down and Heyman gets a peek as he's driving past in the parking lot area.
You forgot the "Holy ****" chants that were heard as the show faded to black.

Punk and Heyman? Interest: raised.

Was that an Arashikage tatoo on Punks right arm?

Title's too long.

Hate when that happens.

From what I read, I don't regret missing the main event to rearrange my comics shelves. Heyman or not.

Was there a Wade Barrett promo tonight? I didn't see one.

Punk with Heyman peaks my interest.I could have sworn that Punk mentioned something on twitter a while back about something brewing with Heyman.

I missed Raw,What are the positive highlights?

This actually sounds like a good RAW.

Okay, I have to admit, I didn't see this coming. It does make total sense, though, since last summer Punk declared himself "a Paul Heyman guy". Honestly, I'm impressed they remembered that and kept the consistency. Cena will probably eat both of them come Night of Champions, but it was still kind of... cool.

If they are going to make Punk a heel, they should just go all out and make him a total bastard, ala Triple H in 2000 where he runs the show and keeps a death grip on the WWE title until Rumble or Mania.

If they are going to make Punk a heel, they should just go all out and make him a total bastard, ala Triple H in 2000 where he runs the show and keeps a death grip on the WWE title until Rumble or Mania.

Agreed. Nothing gets on a fan's nerve than a heel who practically lives up to their ego and never gets what's coming to them. That can get Punk some serious hate. I hope WWE goes with this angle.

Agreed. Nothing gets on a fan's nerve than a heel who practically lives up to their ego and never gets what's coming to them. That can get Punk some serious hate. I hope WWE goes with this angle.

The only problem with this is there's only one heel who is allowed to do those type of tactics and be dominate while being a heel in WWE and that's as you put it is Triple H. Since his run from the McMhaon-Helmsley ere to his Evolution days he's been the heel to be feared everyone else that's not associated with him has to be a chicken **** heel. I don't see Punk getting that type of run despite how much I'd love to see it.

So the general consensus here is...

- They won't make CM Punk # 1 face because no one can be higher than John Cena.
- They turned CM Punk heel, but he's only going to be whiny heel instead of a dominant one because only Triple H is allowed to be that kind of heel.

There's just no way to win. :dry:

I don't believe that they won't make him a dominant heel because of Triple H. I mean, he hasn't been a heel in years. Heck, I think that most of the general audience (i.e. the kids) doesn't even know his villain character all that well. I think it's more because of the "family friendly" approach of the whole product; they can't have powerful and menacing villains who are fully capable of crushing the good guys anymore because they strive to "put smiles on people's faces".

So the general consensus here is...

- They won't make CM Punk # 1 face because no one can be higher than John Cena.
- They turned CM Punk heel, but he's only going to be whiny heel instead of a dominant one because only Triple H is allowed to be that kind of heel.

There's just no way to win. :dry:

And yet the irony about all of this from what we've seen so far is that Punk is still receiving face reactions..and at times is cheered more loudly than Cena..who continues to get half booed in the arena.

Cena is turning into the Rocky Mavia/Bret Hart (when he was feuding with the rising popular star in Stone Cold) when it comes to getting the opposite reactions than the WWE had intended when being faced off against a wrestler who, despite their attempts to make him into a heel...is still getting a great face response from the crowd.

I mean they could make Punk do bad things all they want and try to force feed us on how great Cena is while how terrible Punk is..but if the Audiences are still willing to cheer Punk..whether it be that they prefer him over Cena, or seeing through the BS that is Cena and the decision to turn Punk a heel..then they're obviously going to get more screwed. They're already facing bad press from their whole "be a star" campaign.

I don't believe that they won't make him a dominant heel because of Triple H. I mean, he hasn't been a heel in years. Heck, I think that most of the general audience (i.e. the kids) doesn't even know his villain character all that well. I think it's more because of the "family friendly" approach of the whole product; they can't have powerful and menacing villains who are fully capable of crushing the good guys anymore because they strive to "put smiles on people's faces".

Even though tuning in to see if the bad guy has been beaten has always been the fun, even in cartoons?

The problem isn't just the type of heel Punk has to be, but the fact there isn't a remotely interesting face that can be the one to dethrone, there is just two cartoon characters.

It wasn't a promo.

I know, I meant the promo that will no doubt come next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"