The Wrestling Thread Dated a girl named Katie...And it didn't end well. - Part 73

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the dmg The Funky Homosapien

I thought the ME was actually good. Cena didn't get to dominate like he usually does, and Del Rio hit some moves on him that I thought would be reversed by Cena.
    That would be awesome.

2. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Ok been thinking about how to save this whole punk/cena rock cluster **** they have. And yes is the usual fan boy turn cena heel shtick

Ok I got this idea from raw this week, with the champ vs. champ match being pushed to the midcard being the kick start. The next week we have sheamus come out an cut a promo, and say though he doesn’t like or respect punk he is right on some points such as the titles not being respected. Del rio interrupts that’s its due to ability he got the main event thus keeping these two in they’re respective roles

Noc happens with the cena/punk as the main event. Punk retains. The next night punk cuts a promo about how he shows he’s the best in the world and deserves the main event. Cena interrupts and claims the only real punk was main event was because he faced himself

As the weeks go on and the feed builds, more and more midcard faces and heels start to say though they are not siding with punk they are starting to understand his points. All the while cena toes the company line and keeps saying it’s what the universe and company wants, with sly digs such as who pays they’re wages etc

Punk and cena start separate feuds and again cena gets top billing. Starting build up for the royal rumble between punk and rock. Now personally I would have a smackdown superstar win the rumble and a no1. Contenders match between cena and a heel that’s easily a company man

Cue the finger poke of doom mk II. Cena hits the guy once he goes down, cena reacts angrily but the gm explains if he walks he forfeits so cena covers for the spot

Punk vs. rock as the main event. Ends with cena attacking punk and the next night cena cuts a promo where he goes full hell claiming he’s stick of busting his back for the fans, who just come to drum out his true fans and destroy they’re enjoyment. The only person to back him was management and he all about loyalty and if the company was loyal to him etc etc. and he won’t let some skinny fat assed punk ruin the companies name as champion anymore. And that mania now has a main event worthy to be respected. Think corporate champ rock

This leads to a triple threat match with cena/punk and rock for the title. Rock as the pure face, cena as the pure heel and punk as the Austin tweener role

Now the chances of anything like this happened, will let’s just say I have more chance of having a photographic show in the Tate modern than anything like this

3. the dmg The Funky Homosapien

If you factor in that three hours was not necessary, then yes, there were things to like about Raw as a whole. I tried to even the positives out with Paul Heyman, but that man can only do so much. :csad:

Positives:

• Punk didn't disrespect Chicago, which was something that many here thought would happen to make the WWE fans hate him.
    • Paul Heyman.
    • I liked the personal day angle to get out of the match, as it falls in line with him being disrespected with being early on in the show.
    • Paul Heyman.
    • Ziggler beats Orton for the first time in forever.
    • Paul Heyman.
    • Miz on commentary once he was comfortable.
    • Paul Heyman.
    • Anger Therapy and the Hug it Out session.
    • More Paul Heyman.
    • Swagger taking time off to refocus.
    • Paul Heyman.
    • Falls Count Anywhere match.
    • Paul Heyman.
    Negatives:

• So eight matches on Raw with five of them being under three minutes. The total time of matches was forty-six minutes and fort-five seconds. Pathetic.
    • Sheamus opening the show doing his usual routine, and trying to get the Chicago crowd on his side, which fails even before Punk came out.
    • It seems like Sheamus tried to improvise a little during the back and forth with Punk, and clearly went out of his comfort zone, but kudos for trying at least.
    • Randy Orton. Sorry, I still find him boring and has no appeal other than being lame.
    • Swagger squashed again.
    • Layla on commentary.
    • Kaitlyn losing clean.
    • Rehash of the walkout on HHH.
    • Cesaro getting no time again.
    • Both Ryder and Slater get off-screen entrances on a three hour show.
    • AJ's fit that goes on for too long.
    • Social Media.
    • Miz sipping the Cena Kool-Aid and actually defending him over Punk.
    • Felt way too long.
    • Punk devaluing the WHC.

4. herolee10 No More Miracles

I think the ONLY WAY we'll ever see Cena turned Heel is if the sales in his merchandise takes a HUGE DROP, along with him being universally booed at most of the arenas that he goes to.

Right now, the only few things that are keeping Cena from turning heel is the fact that his merchandise sells a lot with the fans (namely the adolescents), along with him being used the company's spokesperson for social media stuff or other things that branches away from the "wrestling" part of the organization.

If the WWE could find another guy or set of guys to fill in that gap, let alone with their stuff selling like crazy, then Cena could have a better chance of turning heel.

But yeah, as much as people are sick and tired of his current character, until he's hated by ALL, nothing's going to change regarding him.

5. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

Punk didn't devalue the World Heavyweight Championship. The WWE has been doing that for years by making it second rate to the WWE Championship. Punk merely spoke the truth.

Just more reason why there needs to be only 1 world title. It inherently devalues a title to have 2 of them.

6. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

I alphabetized and organized by company my trades/HCs shelves. I feel like my time was better spent doing that.

Unless this was Heyman and Punk trolling us and NOTHING will come of it.

7. X Knight Straight Edge

it's hard to boo Punk when what he says is true.

that's why it's a shame they're trying to make him full on heel, when he'd be better as an anti-hero type tweener.

loved Punk + Heyman, though.

interested to see where they take this.......

8. Metallo Evil Dead Re-Animator

yeah the cool thing about Punks heel promos is they have an element of truth to them. Just like his mic work against Jeff Hardy.

A bad guy should sometimes believe what he says and not see himself as "the bad guy." Makes the self righteousness that much more offensive.

My fear is Vince, HHH, and Stephanie will use this oppuertuity to make Punk AND Heyman look bad. Everyone knows those two respect each other and Punk was a favorite of Heymans all the while The McMahons have never really been crazy about either of them.

9. Dr. Evil Registered

I thought the hug it out went way too long, although I did enjoy the therapy sessions. Too bad the Dr. wasn't also an analyst to go along with being a therapist.....which, BTW is an Analrapist.

My apologies for the Arrested Development reference. I don't know how many fans of that show post in this very thread.

10. Rincewind grezdei

Hey, you don't have to convince me :woot:

I think that having a heel who is really a menace is a big part of putting butts in the seats. Part of the reason why wrestling was so big in the mid-to-late 90s and the early 00s was because people were so invested in what was happening on the screen that they wanted to pay to see bad guys like Hollywood Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Vince or HHH get their comeuppance. But to do that you have to make the bad guy a legitimate threat that is fully capable of making life miserable for the good guy. If the villain isn't dangerous, the thrill is just gone.

11. Team Andino The Paragon of Virtue

I'm afraid you've prematurely shot your wad.

12. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

More like he just blue himself.

13. bullets bang bang

I think they've been trying to dispute or put a spin on everything Punk said in his promo. I'm sure this won't end well for Punk or Heyman.

I thought that was good but we all know Ziggler is paying the price for that once Orton returns from filming the sequel to 12 Rounds.

Punk will have to do a lot to receive boos from the older crowd. I'm not surprised people are rejecting his heel turn. He's still in cool heel mode.

14. bullets bang bang

I've got to admit I was actually entertained by that awful segment. I give props to Kane and Daniel Bryan for making it work. If only they had better material.

15. Benstamania Go away.

Why do I have this weird feeling that Hayman will be the scapegoat for when Punk returns to the realm of Face. He could blame Hayman for manipulating him... Beat him up and all is forgiven. Now... I hope not... But... It's WWE.

16. Soapy Registered

What is the wrestling thread's consensus on the hug it out segment?

17. Big Green Registered

I think it was hilarious. Daniel Bryan is hilarious doing this. Like a couple weeks ago when he and Show were in a tag match together and Bryan kept tagging himself in and pointing for Show to get out.

18. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

What I like about Daniel Bryan right now is that he's not being the true cowardly heel at this point; he's openly defying gigantic characters like Show and Kane, and is even shown as being roughly an even match for Kane, not so much in strength and size but in aggression and violent tendencies.

I realize Kane is not such a big deal anymore, but it is still meaningful when a younger wrestler gets portrayed as being able to stand up to Kane instead of crapping his pants and running away.

19. Trainwreck2100 Registered

yesterday was the first time i noticed bryan's shirt says "stop it" in the back

20. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

I'm dating a girl named Katie..

What are you trying to tell me Wrestling Thread?

21. Team Andino The Paragon of Virtue

Just try to metaphorically screw her brains out as opposed to actually doing that.

22. the dmg The Funky Homosapien

Yes he did, it's something that we know about the WHC being the number two belt and not on equal terms with the WWE Championship even though it should be. Him actually acknowledging that on TV is not a good thing. Sure, he's playing the heel role, so that could make it seem that he just wants to put his title's importance over Sheamus. It's not as bad as say, throwing the title in the trash, but it has the same foundation.
    If they weren't pulling double duty so much I think it wouldn't be a problem.

23. Dr. Evil Registered

Wasn't much of a fan of it but I liked the therapy sessions.

24. TX85 Registered

What was the hug it out segment?,who hugged who?

25. Benstamania Go away.

The WHC has been a joke for years. Not sure anyone takes it seriously... I know people who don't even go to wrasslin' interweb sites that think that. They need to unify the titles again..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.