The Wrestling Thread Dated a girl named Katie...And it didn't end well. - Part 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Former World Heavyweight Champion Vader is now on Facebook at facebook.com/BigVanVaderLeonWhite. He is taking as many bookings as he can with matches, signings and conventions. They noted on the page that he continues to train almost everyday and this December will be celebrating 25 years of wrestling in Japan. Vader has several US independent wrestling appearances booked this year and it was noted that his Mastadon mask just arrived from Japan so he will be wearing it during those US appearances.

- WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz will do commentary for this week's episode of Saturday Morning Slam with Josh Mathews, at least during the Santino Marella vs. Heath Slater match. Santino returned to commentary after his match. It's interesting that WWE put Miz back on commentary because there was a negative reaction to his commentary work at RAW on Monday.

- We noted recently that boxer Floyd Mayweather said during a Hot 97 interview that he would be returning to WWE at next year's WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view in New Jersey. A WWE source reports that Mayweather wasn't just running his mouth as officials have reached out to him, Mr. T, Pete Rose, Jenny McCarthy and other former WrestleMania celebrities about appearing next year.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- There is speculation about Christian's WWE status after he hasn't appeared on RAW and SmackDown in a few weeks. Christian was scheduled to feud with United States Champion Antonio Cesaro but word is that WWE officials want to keep Christian off TV until after TNA's Bound For Glory pay-per-view in October.

Christian is scheduled to appear during Bound For Glory weekend and induct Sting into TNA's Hall of Fame. This is part of the deal between WWE and TNA that allowed Ric Flair to appear at the WWE Hall of Fame earlier this year.

While there is no heat on Christian because he didn't choose to appear for TNA, WWE officials don't want him appearing for them while he's in the middle of a title feud on their programming. Expect him to feud with Cesaro later this year unless things change.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/348853234.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/348854256.php

-

- WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz will do commentary for this week's episode of Saturday Morning Slam with Josh Mathews, at least during the Santino Marella vs. Heath Slater match. Santino returned to commentary after his match. It's interesting that WWE put Miz back on commentary because there was a negative reaction to his commentary work at RAW on Monday.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/348853234.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/348854256.php

huh ? maybe it's just me but i thought miz was great on commentary

huh ? maybe it's just me but i thought miz was great on commentary

Me too. I think maybe it was confusing to people to have Cole unable to decide whether he was suddenly a heel, face or neutral play-by-play guy.

I was worried about Christian's absence.

I don't mind him working to help the younger guys get over, as long as he gets a good amount of time and his character gets respect.

Hopefully he can work with Punk somewhere in the future.

The Peep Show needs to be brought back on a more regular basis, for one thing. When he isn't being a wiseass, a lot of his appeal is gone.

I don't think Christian plays a very good face at all... I mean, like you said maybe if he would be allowed to be a wiseass face he could get something going but nine times out of ten I'd prefer Christian as a heel.

I don't think Christian plays a very good face at all... I mean, like you said maybe if he would be allowed to be a wiseass face he could get something going but nine times out of ten I'd prefer Christian as a heel.
I don't think Christian has the ablity to play the face. He's one hell of wrestler but he just seems a natural heel. He is loved for his in ring ability more than the reasons people love Cena (or used to)

Netflix has new updated WWE videos to stream IF anyone is interested,3 ECW dvds including the new ECW Unleashed one and the Falls Count Anywhere dvd!!

So... I found this commercial... Love it. Hahaha. :D

[YT]kHs8DrBawfY[/YT]

This is the only wrestling belt I'd want to get.

Belt_Cena_US.JPG

If anybody has one that they'd like to sell (adult size), PM me.

I don't think Christian has the ablity to play the face. He's one hell of wrestler but he just seems a natural heel. He is loved for his in ring ability more than the reasons people love Cena (or used to)

He did good for two years before WWE cut his legs out from underneath him out of favor for Blandy Orton.

What are your top 5 matches of the year so far? (any company)

5. Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Extreme Rules
4. Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk, Money in the Bank
3. Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk, Over the Limit
2. The Undertaker vs. Triple H, Wrestlemania
1. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus, Extreme Rules

Looks more professional. Maybe he will retire soon?

He looks more like his illigeitimate son, Bobby Rooooooooooooooooo.

Yeah... He looks more business professional now... Maybe Vince's retirement is upon us?

From the Desk of Brian Webster--

Get ready to slam & jam when the action-packed excitement of the National Wrestling Alliance debuts on ION Television in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut!!!

ION Television is bringing the action of the National Wrestling Alliance to AT&T U-Verse, DirecTV, DISH Network, Cablevision, RCN Cable, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FIOS every Friday Night at 11 PM starting October 12th on ION TV!

From heavyweight champion Brian Fury, the ruthless Rex Lawless, tag team chicanery with the Minute Men, and a host of classic superstars like Jerry The King Lawler, Kerry Von Erich, Steve Austin, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Andre The Giant, and an honor-roll of marquee names, the traditions of the past combine with the ring warriors of the present and superstars of the future to form the greatest tag-team combination televised pro wrestling has ever seen!

Each week, the hottest 60 minutes on television is NWA Wrestling On Fire! Over 100 million fans can’t be wrong! NWA Wrestling On Fire now brings main event style matches to a wide-eyed, captivated audience in the greater New York/New Jersey and Connecticut television market!

NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance is recognized worldwide as the 60-year leader in traditional professional wrestling action. Hall Of Fame stars that helped build the NWA from the ground up include Harley Race, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Lou Thesz, and countless other megastars. NWA Wrestling On Fire continues the tradition that NWA’s founders so proudly began! Call your local cable company for channel availability!

ION Television and NWA Wrestling On Fire -- Wrestling like it oughta be!! Grab a ringside seat, every Friday at 11 PM starting October 12th!

NWA Coastal is proud to be participating in this new venture on ION TV, and participating with other NWA promotions, including NWA On Fire, NWA DAWG and NWA New York in providing some of the best wrestling to fans in the Northeast.

This affiliation will bring many new fans to not only these promotions, but to the wrestlers who work so hard for them as they all work towards noteriety and success. We are SURE that ION TV will provide us with the vehicle necessary to achieve that goal.

Triple H minus the ponytail...I never thought I'd see the day.. :wow: :oldrazz:

This is the only wrestling belt I'd want to get.

Belt_Cena_US.JPG

If anybody has one that they'd like to sell (adult size), PM me.

Ugh...c'mon man...there's so many better looking pieces of work out there than that... :cwink: :oldrazz:

From the Desk of Brian Webster--

Get ready to slam & jam when the action-packed excitement of the National Wrestling Alliance debuts on ION Television in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut!!!

ION Television is bringing the action of the National Wrestling Alliance to AT&T U-Verse, DirecTV, DISH Network, Cablevision, RCN Cable, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FIOS every Friday Night at 11 PM starting October 12th on ION TV!

From heavyweight champion Brian Fury, the ruthless Rex Lawless, tag team chicanery with the Minute Men, and a host of classic superstars like Jerry The King Lawler, Kerry Von Erich, Steve Austin, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Andre The Giant, and an honor-roll of marquee names, the traditions of the past combine with the ring warriors of the present and superstars of the future to form the greatest tag-team combination televised pro wrestling has ever seen!

Each week, the hottest 60 minutes on television is NWA Wrestling On Fire! Over 100 million fans can’t be wrong! NWA Wrestling On Fire now brings main event style matches to a wide-eyed, captivated audience in the greater New York/New Jersey and Connecticut television market!

NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance is recognized worldwide as the 60-year leader in traditional professional wrestling action. Hall Of Fame stars that helped build the NWA from the ground up include Harley Race, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Lou Thesz, and countless other megastars. NWA Wrestling On Fire continues the tradition that NWA’s founders so proudly began! Call your local cable company for channel availability!

ION Television and NWA Wrestling On Fire -- Wrestling like it oughta be!! Grab a ringside seat, every Friday at 11 PM starting October 12th!

NWA Coastal is proud to be participating in this new venture on ION TV, and participating with other NWA promotions, including NWA On Fire, NWA DAWG and NWA New York in providing some of the best wrestling to fans in the Northeast.

This affiliation will bring many new fans to not only these promotions, but to the wrestlers who work so hard for them as they all work towards noteriety and success. We are SURE that ION TV will provide us with the vehicle necessary to achieve that goal.
Nice.

And I like Triple H's new haircut.

- Two people close to Steve Austin say that he has no great desire to do another match and that he was comfortable when he left. Austin won't do another match unless he can perform at the level he was at because he doesn't want to short-cut his way through or work an old man style match.

- It's said that CM Punk was happy to go heel. The story is that Punk realized he was never going to surpass John Cena as the #1 babyface but the #1 heel slot has been wide open.

On a related note, Randy Orton has made it clear he wants to be a heel and can perform as a top heel. The problem with that is WWE won't turn him until they are fully confident in Sheamus drawing as the top babyface on the SmackDown side.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/348898062.php

Shortcut his way through, an old man style match. Now who's been doing that? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"