A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

But they keep talking like I should know who he is. I've never seen him before.
He had a run in FMW in the 90’s. That’s it as far as I know.

As far as what putting him with the nightmare collective is supposed to accomplish, your guess is as good as mine.

There are rumors this guy might return for the Rumble:

If so, I will mark out. He's one of my all time favorites.

Channel 5 in the UK has landed the broadcast rights to wwe highlights. Pretty big news since it's been decades since the WWE has had any wrestling on free to air network tv in the UK.

RAW has been pretty darn good the last few weeks imo.

If the WWE was smart, they'd capitalize on the momentum and have Keith Lee winning the Rumble AND tossing Lesnar over the top rope.

So I'm expecting Keith Lee to be eliminated as quickly as possible to "surprise" everyone.

So apparently, the NXT Women's Championship will be rebranded as just "NXT Championship" moving forward in order to be gender neutral.

So apparently, the NXT Women's Championship will be rebranded as just "NXT Championship" moving forward in order to be gender neutral.

I kinda get the thought process behind this, but it's kinda silly. If it makes them "feel" like they are on the same level as the men's titles, then it doesn't hurt anything.

I kinda get the thought process behind this, but it's kinda silly. If it makes them "feel" like they are on the same level as the men's titles, then it doesn't hurt anything.

The only problem is that it's going to get confusing when you have several titles with the same name.

The WWE's defense is that the UFC does this all of the time. Such as Amanda Nunes has been referred to as UFC Bantamweight Champion by UFC Ring announcer Bruce Buffer and the commentary team.

The women are killing it in NXT, and the show this week was quite enjoyable. Much better than Dynamite honestly. The video packages
work well enough as character building devices but NXT could do more. Still, the packages were good, especially the Shotzi Blackheart one. Cool to see Keith Lee win a title even if I would rather it happen at a TakeOver
, same with Ripley's title win.

Back to the women, WWE destroys AEW in terms of their showcasing of female performers . I think it's probably the strongest aspect of WWE right now . Related side note: Never give Britt Baker a live mic again please. WTF was that AEW?

I would have changed the men's title to the Men's NXT Championship or something like that instead, just because i prefer different names.

Two titles with the same name is incredibility dumb. Put another word in there.

I hope Io is okay. She is so over. Everyone loves her so much, and why wouldn't you? She's amazing. Put her over at Mania!!!! :mrk:

All this talk about the division got me wondering. Who is everyone's 10 favorite women wrestlers in the WWE right now?

Mine. Getting it down to 10 was hard. I think I might like the top end of the women's roster better then the men's.

10. Dakota Kai
gnYDcus.gif

9. Rhea Ripley
NDAGV25.gif

8. Shayna Baszler
ZCcSQl6.gif

7. Tegan Nox
4dyO1zH.gif

6. Toni Storm
qGbdoFh.gif

5. Becky Lynch
I7cQOtb.gif

4. Kairi Sane
PDb2LYr.gif

3. Candice LaRae
wIwsLZu.gif

2. Asuka
sh5ytE9.gif

1. Io Shirai
RY4P2o6.gif

10) Killer Kelly

9) Dakota Kai

8) Candice LaRae

7) Kairi Sane

6) Rhea Ripley

5) Becky Lynch

4) Toni Storm

3) Shayna Baszler

2) Asuka

1) Io Shirai

Honorable Mentions:

Sasha Banks
Charlotte Flair
Bayley
Alexa Bliss
Piper Niven
Tegan Nox

Last edited:
Top ten?

1. Io Shirai
2. Asuka
3. Kairi Sane
4. Becky Lynch
5. Toni Storm
6. Alexa Bliss
7. Shayna Baszler
8. Rhea Ripley
9. Kay Lee Ray
10. Kacy Catanzaro (I have been a fan of her's since American Ninja Warrior and she came back recently)

Others: Candice LaRae, Naomi, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Piper Niven, Tegan Nox

That's how ridiculous the women's roster is, I didn't mention Kay Lee Ray or Bianca Belair. Sasha didn't even make my top 10 and love Sasha a ton.

If the WWE was smart, they'd capitalize on the momentum and have Keith Lee winning the Rumble AND tossing Lesnar over the top rope.

So I'm expecting Keith Lee to be eliminated as quickly as possible to "surprise" everyone.
They gave him the North American title as a bone to fans. Could be worse for fans of his. We're not getting a good Rumble winner this year. No Lee, Riddle, or McIntyre. It's Cain or Roman. I'd even take Lashley winning and facing Brock but fat chance of that.

Top ten?

1. Io Shirai
2. Asuka
3. Kairi Sane
4. Becky Lynch
5. Toni Storm
6. Alexa Bliss
7. Shayna Baszler
8. Rhea Ripley
9. Kay Lee Ray
10. Kacy Catanzaro (I have been a fan of her's since American Ninja Warrior and she came back recently)

Others: Candice LaRae, Naomi, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Piper Niven, Tegan Nox
As a fellow Ninja Warrior fan, I was too glad to see her return. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"