The Wrestling Thread is the Intellectual Savior of The Masses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Dragon Gate star Pac worked a DG event in Japan this weekend and bowed to all corners like he was bidding his farewell to the promotion and the fans. Speculation now is that he may be headed to WWE or TNA. Pac wrestled a WWE tryout match before WWE's tapings in London, England earlier this year.
Is WWE actively trying to alienate me? If this rumor is true, of course.

- There's an unconfirmed rumor going around that top independent women's wrestlers Sara Del Rey and Mercedes Martinez recently received WWE tryouts at FCW.
This could keep me around.

Last edited:

- Ric Flair's first post-TNA appearance will be at ICP's annual Gathering of the Juggalos weekend for Juggalo Championship Wrestling.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Top ten hotties??

1. Trish
2. Mickie
3. Lita
4. Maria
5. Stacy
6. Ummmm
7. Well...
8. I, uh...
9. I think...
10. 5 is plenty!

For anyone else who loves the realistic sports vibe TNA presents with their product, check this out. Awesome stuff!

I love these! It makes me look forward to Aries vs. Roode that much more. I HIGHLY recommend watching it.

DESTINATION X BEFORE THE BELL
[YT]V_PgbnI8yqk[/YT]

Last edited:
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Dayum. Ric be needing money bad.

In related news, Meryl Streep has signed a one-year tryout contract with Vivid Video.

Last edited:
Hard to argue with that list, except Maria of course :oldrazz:

:funny: I'm surprised you like Nattie over Beth, Nattie can look good but it's like with Brooke Hogan, I can see her Dad in her face sometimes.

Pretty much agree with all of this

I saw some complaints about the lack of good matches on Impact last week but I don't mind that if there is good story progression. The Aries/Roode angle that bled through the show was great story building, from the meeting with Hogan and Aries, to Roode running down the X division in the face of the injured Sabin causing an Aries run-in, to Aries backstage scene with King putting over the belt, all leading to the final showdown with Roode/Aries and Hogan. Good, logical angles going into this Sunday's PPV.

I'd say Destination X is one of the best booked PPV's in a long time, it lacks match depth but setting the precedent of the X division champ facing the World champ as an option each year makes the PPV feel fresh and important, like in the NWA when the US champ was #1 contender for the NWA title, it elevates both belts.

Add to that the mini tournament where the 4 winners will compete in an Ultimate X match to win the vacant X division title and despite the crappy angle and repetitiveness, a Last man standing match between the 2 pioneers of the division and you have a good card. Hell! they even managed to add Joe vs Angle in through Joe's X division history.

I'm like Jerry Lawler: I'm hilarious now, but in 10 years you'll want me to go far, far away.

Do you have a son no one remembers who dances awkwardly? :(

- Daniel Bryan noted in a recent interview that he would be moving to San Diego, California soon, from his current home in Las Vegas. Bryan's girlfriend, former WWE Diva Brie Bella, is from San Diego.

DB not looking for fresh road beef I see.
- Kharma continues to tease her WWE return on Twitter, telling fans that she will be returning soon. A Kharma fan page posted that she had confirmed to them she will be returning on the 1,000th RAW episode later this month. Kharma shot that rumor down and says she never spoke to the fan page.
Not the ideal time for her to come back since AJ is the star Diva attraction.

- Ric Flair's first post-TNA appearance will be at ICP's annual Gathering of the Juggalos weekend for Juggalo Championship Wrestling.

:csad:

- There is no timetable yet for Kelly Kelly's return to WWE TV.

She's on the Summerslam promo.
- There's an unconfirmed rumor going around that top independent women's wrestlers Sara Del Rey and Mercedes Martinez recently received WWE tryouts at FCW.
tryouts? :huh:

- John Morrison and Melina were in attendance for last night's UFC 148 pay-per-view in Las Vegas.

Todd Grisham as well.

:funny: I'm surprised you like Nattie over Beth, Nattie can look good but it's like with Brooke Hogan, I can see her Dad in her face sometimes.

I saw some complaints about the lack of good matches on Impact last week but I don't mind that if there is good story progression. The Aries/Roode angle that bled through the show was great story building, from the meeting with Hogan and Aries, to Roode running down the X division in the face of the injured Sabin causing an Aries run-in, to Aries backstage scene with King putting over the belt, all leading to the final showdown with Roode/Aries and Hogan. Good, logical angles going into this Sunday's PPV.

I'd say Destination X is one of the best booked PPV's in a long time, it lacks match depth but setting the precedent of the X division champ facing the World champ as an option each year makes the PPV feel fresh and important, like in the NWA when the US champ was #1 contender for the NWA title, it elevates both belts.

Add to that the mini tournament where the 4 winners will compete in an Ultimate X match to win the vacant X division title and despite the crappy angle and repetitiveness, a Last man standing match between the 2 pioneers of the division and you have a good card. Hell! they even managed to add Joe vs Angle in through Joe's X division history.

Beth is just a tad too muscular for my tastes. Nattie is just right. She favors her dad, but doesn't look just like her dad to me, but I know what ya mean. Stephanie on the other hand looks just like Vince IMO and it creeps me out!

The story is what is going to sell the PPV and right now TNA is on fire with the Arie/Roode angle and X-Division. They've sold me to the point where I'd have little problem if Aries won the title tonight. Of course he'd need to lose it in time to continue the Roode/Storm story for BFG

I'm a bit disappointed with some of the wrestlers they've chosen to compete on the card, as some of these indy guys are flippy dippy spotfest artists who are green as can be. I would have much rather them bring some safe guys in like Petey Williams, but oh well.

I'm really looking forward to the PPV.

So was last night the last night of Tito Ortiz in UFC? Honestly, I see him in Bellator.

So was last night the last night of Tito Ortiz in UFC? Honestly, I see him in Bellator.

So he says, but you know how it is with retirements, they never last.

And I'm so bummed about my boy Chael losing :csad: What the hell was he thinking throwing that spinning backfist?! :doh: That move is going to haunt him forever.

So was last night the last night of Tito Ortiz in UFC?

Supposedly. Hopefully, he'll doing something with WWE now.

Sonnen is like the Piper or Jericho of UFC. It doesn't matter if he wins or loses, because he's always entertaining.

My Least Fave 5 from the current WWE roster

1. Santino Marella (needs no explanation. I would rather watch Heath Slater get squashed a million times over or a two hour divas match than sit through 5 minutes of Santino's comedy routines)

2. Rey Mysterio (Sorry lil Rey Rey but I have found him boring for some time. If he comes back I would like to see him switch it up a little and add some new moves then I might start to like him again)

3. Tensai (I liked him as Albert but this Tensai character sucks)

4. The Great Khali (The guy can just about move and is a terrible seller)

5. Hornswoggle (mostly due to the fact his a unfunny comedic character with lame storylines)

5. Hornswoggle- This character has run it's course. No idea why he is still around . Then they cast him as an evil Leprechaun in the remake... huge fail

4. Curt Hawkins .. lame

3. David Ottunga .. lame

2. Heath Slater .... lame , Although I give him credit for his work with the legends and taunting the crowds.

1. Khali.... Wtf , get rid of him.

:huh:

Beth is just a tad too muscular for my tastes. Nattie is just right. She favors her dad, but doesn't look just like her dad to me, but I know what ya mean. Stephanie on the other hand looks just like Vince IMO and it creeps me out!

If we keep disecting like this I'll be put off them all. :( :funny: Ohhhhh I should have put Lillian in my list, always dug her.

The story is what is going to sell the PPV and right now TNA is on fire with the Arie/Roode angle and X-Division. They've sold me to the point where I'd have little problem if Aries won the title tonight. Of course he'd need to lose it in time to continue the Roode/Storm story for BFG

This is where the conflict is for me, I love that TNA has committed to a long term storyline in Roode/Storm, but in truth I just don't think he's as talented or over as Aries and I can't help but wonder if TNA would be making an error to not strike while the iron is hot.

I'm a bit disappointed with some of the wrestlers they've chosen to compete on the card, as some of these indy guys are flippy dippy spotfest artists who are green as can be. I would have much rather them bring some safe guys in like Petey Williams, but oh well.

I'm really looking forward to the PPV.

Yeah the selections are a bit weak and surprisingly green, King looks the pick of the bunch to me, but they could have done with a few name additions like Homicide and Ki. I just hope Zima Ion doesn't win.

29c3lsm.jpg

2vskowz.jpg

6tohed.jpg

4h6sr5.jpg

16gn9eb.jpg

2hdmir9.jpg

My top ten Divas

1.Trish
2.Mickie James
3.Victoria/Tara
4.Lita
5.Melina
6.Layla
7.Steph
8.Nattie
9.Katliyn
10.AJ

Starring Iceman and a hobbit. Not bad.

Bought this last night&just finished watching it!
NHB.jpg

7/10

Not all that great as I remember it as a kid But I still enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"