The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely know anything about Mandy Rose. She hasn't done much on NXT and I never took an interest in her to find out more. Hope she's a nice surprise.

Yeah, its weird that they called her up.
If you want to call someone up who definitly is ready, you would think more about peyton royce and billie kay...not mandy rose.
Cant even remember when she had her last match in NXT.

We will see, for now its good to see paige back.

Roman Reigns is your NEW Intercontinental Champion!

If that means he stays the hell away from Lesnar, i take it.
Damn disgrace how the wwe treats The Miz, but hey its the wwe.
Using good talent wrong is their thing afterall.

I assume Reigns will lose the IC title back to The Miz on a random Raw a few weeks before Wrestlemania.

Guys, someone just pointed this out to me. Paige, Mandy, and Sonya are PMS. PMS 2.0

Last edited:
Yay. Paige is back. :dry:

He did. Not denying that, but he did put Braun over which is more than Shane did. There's no reason for making someone like Shane look like he does.

Shane shouldn't have even been in the match, this is 2 years in a row.

I barely know anything about Mandy Rose. She hasn't done much on NXT and I never took an interest in her to find out more. Hope she's a nice surprise.

She's blonde, and hot, thats all you need to know. Vince loves her.

Not so sure about Mandy Rose (she barely even wrestled on NXT, right?) but I like Sonya Deville.

Also, she's the first openly gay woman ever on a WWE main roster. She'll do well; if Mandy sucks in the ring and Paige is winding down her big league career, then Sonya will be the workhorse of that stable. Also, if Nia Jax is truly on the outs with the company as we've heard, then the role of the token "monster/big girl threat" on Raw has to be filled.

Not so sure about Mandy Rose (she barely even wrestled on NXT, right?) but I like Sonya Deville.

Also, she's the first openly gay woman ever on a WWE main roster. She'll do well; if Mandy sucks in the ring and Paige is winding down her big league career, then Sonya will be the workhorse of that stable. Also, if Nia Jax is truly on the outs with the company as we've heard, then the role of the token "monster/big girl threat" on Raw has to be filled.

Why would Paige be winding down? She's younger than most of the girls in NXT.

*Yawn*

I used to record RAWs so that I can fast forward through them. Now I'm not recording them at all and just missing what I miss.

FYI, is Paige sick? She look terrible. Actually, she looked high as a kite.

Reigns with the IC title...*yawn*. That title could, and should, be used in a feud between Finn Balor and Samoa Joe.

Am I the only one that feels like Ambrose and Rollins somehow became Reign's own version of the Miztourage? They act like his bodyguards.

Why would Paige be winding down? She's younger than most of the girls in NXT.

That's the feeling I'm getting from her; that she started in WWE a fair bit of time ago, and her personal challenges have been mounting, and so on. Of course, if the old Paige is back, then I think that's great.

I want to see if Paige, Mandy and Sonya confront Asuka and how they deal with it. Do they beat down Asuka? Therefore losing her mystique? Or does she destroy all three?

I want to see if Paige, Mandy and Sonya confront Asuka and how they deal with it. Do they beat down Asuka? Therefore losing her mystique? Or does she destroy all three?

My guess is they will beat her down, leave, and she'll divide and conquer them.

My guess is they will beat her down, leave, and she'll divide and conquer them.

Isn't Asuka getting beat down mean she loses her mystique as this undefeated indestructible force? Or will it be a replay of how The Iconic Duo and Nikki Beat her down in NXT?

Yeah, 10 wrestlers. Smackdown has 6 + Lana.

The SD Women's Division needs something......Iconic.

billie-Kay-and-peyton-royce.jpg

Isn't Asuka getting beat down mean she loses her mystique as this undefeated indestructible force? Or will it be a replay of how The Iconic Duo and Nikki Beat her down in NXT?

I don't see a 3 on 1 assault killing her mystique, what would kill it is if 1 person left her laying and she did nothing about it. She is undefeated, but she has never been booked as being infallible. She has just always gone over in matches, and has always gotten back at anyone who made her vulnerable, by destroying them.

The SD Women's Division needs something......Iconic.

billie-Kay-and-peyton-royce.jpg

I would have assumed they were who Paige was talking about when she said she didn't come alone. No way did I think they'd bring up Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.

Nobody said anything about unprotected chair shots but there is a basic flaw in your argument.

Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground are both owned by companies that are somewhere in the realm of 10X larger than WWE, if not more. And yet they don't have the issues WWE has.

Not letting guys use certain moves isn't about safety, really. It's about saving certain moves for certain guys.

They took away Rhino's gore, arguably the best spear we've ever seen in this business, because Roman Reigns is terrible and they want Rhino to stop making his weak ass spear look bad.

They took away both of Adam Cole's finishers, one of which was a frontflip piledriver. And yet Undertaker and Kane get away with using piledrivers whenever they want, and the tombstone is specifically the one that broke Steve Austin's neck.

And the garbage promos WWE does has nothing at all to do with safety. It's because they have dozens of dozens of hired writers that have zero experience in the business, writing promos for talent that is used to doing their mic work freestyle, or just on bullet points.

The commentary is ridiculously horrible for no good reason at all. Even Impact has better commentary than Raw or Smackdown and they have Josh freaking Mathews, whom I would fire out of a cannon into the sun if I could.

Everything on WWE programming for the last ~5 years has ultimately come down to three things: making an aging part timer in Lesnar look good, making a horrible wrestler who isn't over in Roman Reigns look good, or making the McMahon family look good.

They'll bury the entire roster to make those three things happen, and they've done it dozens of times. Most recently this Sunday.

There was absolutely zero reason to do the champ vs champ thing at Survivor Series. Lesnar pinning Styles doesn't help Lesnar because he's already booked as strongly as anyone, and taking a clean loss as WWE Champion just buries Styles, the belt, and pretty much the entire Smackdown roster. All in the name of making Lesnar look one tiny iota better when Reigns ultimately squashes him in the main event of Wrestlemania.

They used the top Smackdown title as a prop, a mere stepping stone, to pay off a Raw match months down the line.

Ring of Honor and Lucha Underground are subsidiaries of larger corporations and thus under far more scrutiny.

If a wrestler gets seriously injured wrestling for in Ring Of Honor or Lucha Underground or sues either of those companies it probably isn't making much news outside of wrestling circles. If a Wrestler in the WWE does either of those things it would get mainstream headlines.

Places like Lucha Underground which have it's roots in Lucha Libre wrestling and NJPW which has its roots in Japanese strong style wrestling are culturally different the WWE's American regional carnival wrestling roots. The people that work and run those promotions have different expectations from the wrestling talent.

There is probably far less emphasis on wrestling technical ability or high flying in the WWE than there is for promotions like NJPW and Lucha Underground. Cole would probably end up injuring some WWE wrestler with his old finisher because some of these guys don't come from wrestling backgrounds and never learned what to do when taking certain non-WWE approved moves.

Wrestler's in the WWE have a limited moveset for two reasons. One is safety and the other is signature moves. Moves like Spear or DDT is considered safe moves and has multiple wrestlers using it also as a signature move.

We all know the WWE has double standards. Wrestlers Vince see as his top guys can get away with going things other wrestlers can't. Undertaker and Kane get to do tombstone piledrivers because they have been around for years as top talents and Vince trusts them.

I agree with everything else you said though. The scripted promos suck, the over reliance on aging stars is a sever handicap that will bite the WWE in the ass one day

I would have assumed they were who Paige was talking about when she said she didn't come alone. No way did I think they'd bring up Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.

Peyton and Billie do not need a third person, they are great on their own.

It's been hinted that there will be three females to debut tonight:

But not Peyton and Billie. Rumors are Ruby Riot and Liv Morgan. Casey Michael from Squared Circle Sirens hints that the third woman is a name that is going to surprise people. If I had to guess I'll say either Kelly Kelly or Brie Bella.

We all know the WWE has double standards. Wrestlers Vince see as his top guys can get away with going things other wrestlers can't. Undertaker and Kane get to do tombstone piledrivers because they have been around for years as top talents and Vince trusts them.

I agree with everything else you said though. The scripted promos suck, the over reliance on aging stars is a sever handicap that will bite the WWE in the ass one day

The WWE has had double standards for decades, going back to Hogan. As for scripted promos, it depends on who it is. The WWE shows double standards there too. Let's say for Raw 25th Anniversary, The Rock came back. Nobody in the WWE is going to give The Rock a script for his promos and it allows him to do and say whatever he wants. He can say "ass" a million times in a row and there is nothing the WWE can do, because he's the Rock, and well......he's above the WWE at this point. When he returned to Monday Night Raw the day after the 2016 Royal Rumble, I highly doubt the backstage stuff was scripted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"