The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Almas didn't want to be in the game?

I wonder why Almas didn't want to be in the game?
There were rumors a few months back that he was very, very unhappy in WWE and looking to return to Mexico when his contract expires. It's possible his title reign is a response to that unhappiness. He still has family in CMLL and NJPW has grown by quite a bit since his IWGP Intercontinental title reign.

New Smackdown Live star Ruby Riot also in the NXT DLC.

Sarah Logan is on SmackDown too. That's cool. Her vs Becky would be a good rivalry.

Six new additions to the Women's Division, and that's before these ladies come in:

RouseyHorse.jpg

Hmm, Paige and 2 'newbies' show up at Raw, then 3 more at Smackdown.... I'd have Paige come out next week on Raw (perhaps open the show with it, actually) and say it's good to be back, as they saw she bought some new friends with her; cue Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose joining her in the ring.

She then says not only are they there to put the women of Raw on notice, but she's thinking bigger. She has other friends too; cue Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan and and Sarah Logan coming out. Paige tells Raw that they're putting the entire women's division of WWE on notice.

She stands in the ring with the other 5 and tells the crowd that this is 'Their House'.

Hmm, Paige and 2 'newbies' show up at Raw, then 3 more at Smackdown.... I'd have Paige come out next week on Raw (perhaps open the show with it, actually) and say it's good to be back, as they saw she bought some new friends with her; cue Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose joining her in the ring.

She then says not only are they there to put the women of Raw on notice, but she's thinking bigger. She has other friends too; cue Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan and and Sarah Logan coming out. Paige tells Raw that they're putting the entire women's division of WWE on notice.

She stands in the ring with the other 5 and tells the crowd that this is 'Their House'.

And then all six women get destroyed by Asuka.

IMO, I think all of the new women but Paige will get lost in the shuffle when Ronda and crew get there.

Becky Lynch and Shawn Michaels have been cast in The Marine 6.

So apparently Balor isn't seen as over enough to face Brock at the Rumble. Just throw Cena in there. A loss to one F5 isn't going to hurt John Cena.

If you want Paige, Sonya and Mandy to be a dominant force, they should have beaten every woman up on Monday, but they didn't. They destroyed Sasha, Mickie, Bayley and Alexa. Alicia Fox ran away, which would be how we expect her character to react. Nia wasn't on TV, so the fact that they didn't attack her made sense. I will be curious to see if those three attack Nia and/or Asuka next week. Somehow, due to her friendship with Alexa, I see them attacking Nia. Asuka, I'm not so sure about, but it could make for a good storyline, as it could unleash Psychotic Asuka, which would not be good for the rest of the division. The issue would be having two crazy people in the same division, although two different kinds: Crazy Alicia is funny but a Psychotic Asuka would make someone run away.

If you want Paige, Sonya and Mandy to be a dominant force, they should have beaten every woman up on Monday, but they didn't. They destroyed Sasha, Mickie, Bayley and Alexa. Alicia Fox ran away, which would be how we expect her character to react. Nia wasn't on TV, so the fact that they didn't attack her made sense. I will be curious to see if those three attack Nia and/or Asuka next week. Somehow, due to her friendship with Alexa, I see them attacking Nia. Asuka, I'm not so sure about, but it could make for a good storyline, as it could unleash Psychotic Asuka, which would not be good for the rest of the division. The issue would be having two crazy people in the same division, although two different kinds: Crazy Alicia is funny but a Psychotic Asuka would make someone run away.

How are they going to make these two female factions different? Are they connected?

How are they going to make these two female factions different? Are they connected?

I don't think it matters as Paige's faction is cannon fodder for Asuka anyways. If Asuka loses, it has to be in a big match against a major opponent, but not until she's had a title run. Paige defeating Asuka now does nothing good for Asuka. I could see WWE sort of punishing Paige by making her lose to Asuka. No way does Asuka lose to Paige. I don't see it happening. The end game of Paige's faction is to be fed to Asuka, that's all it is. Mandy, Sonya and Paige are soon going to tap out to the Asuka lock. However them attacking Asuka and making her all Psychotic could be a great storyline.

Dave Meltzer was asked about Paige's faction, says he was not surprised that Mandy was moving up but was surprised about Sonya because of the plans that the WWE has for one of the WrestleMania Women's matches. He says that having Sonya with that MMA gimmick makes zero sense on the main roster when Ronda Rousey, Jessamyn Duke, Marina Shafir and Shayna Baszler are all coming in (perhaps by the Rumble). He says that the 4 Horsewomen of MMA have legit MMA backgrounds while Sonya had some amateur fights. Although the Mae Young Classic ended without a confrontation between both 4 Horsewomen groups, evidence has been mounting up that the match could happen at WrestleMania 34:

- Duke has moved from Los Angeles to Orlando and is roommates with Baszler and Mia Yim.
- Shafir of course is married to Roderick Strong and has a son named Troy.
- Rousey recently spent a week at the Performance Center and attended an NXT Live event two weeks ago.

As for why no Billie and Peyton? NXT needs heels for Ember Moon. Can't have Kairi Sane and Nikki Cross chase Ember forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"