The Wrestling Thread Is Under...Siege! - Part 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Hashtag Show, which reported Cena was in the running to play Shazam (which was never reported by anyone more credible like Variety or The Hollywood Reporter) is now reporting the Rock is in the running to voice Pikachu in the next Pokémon animated movie. This means it's not going to happen, since the Cena as Shazam rumors seem to have had no legs since they reported it. That to me, has damaged that show's credibility as a source for movie news and rumors (if they had any credibility to begin with, which was doubtful).

So what's it going to take for big, hot crowds on a weekly basis again? Are we ever going to get back to a point where a company is white hot again? Is there ever going to be another great era in American pro wrestling?

Probably not.

Cena, Batista and Johnson are reminders that the WWE is still around, especially Cena as he's still competing in the WWE when he comes back. And we know that the WWE likes to kiss Johnson's ass.

Last edited:
That Hashtag Show, which reported Cena was in the running to play Shazam (which was never reported by anyone more credible like Variety or The Hollywood Reporter) is now reporting the Rock is in the running to voice Pikachu in the next Pokémon animated movie. This means it's not going to happen, since the Cena as Shazam rumors seem to have had no legs since they reported it. That to me, has damaged that show's credibility as a source for movie news and rumors (if they had any credibility to begin with, which was doubtful).

Stick to ColliderVideo.

So what's it going to take for big, hot crowds on a weekly basis again? Are we ever going to get back to a point where a company is white hot again? Is there ever going to be another great era in American pro wrestling?

If ROH and NJPW keep this pace up, ten years from now they're going to be selling out major arenas left and right.

WWE is a lost cause. Like I've said before, they're the K-Mart or Sears of pro wrestling. There's no ad campaign possible that would make people start shopping there again. It's just taking forever for them to die because of how big they were.

22728673_10155871679816617_5479897412426272570_n.jpg

TLC is a freaking mess. No Shield and no Bray Wyatt.

Kurt Angle - a man with a history of bad neck injuries - returning to the ring in a TLC match on three days notice. Sounds like a recipe for potential disaster, honestly.

Kurt Angle - a man with a history of bad neck injuries - returning to the ring in a TLC match on three days notice. Sounds like a recipe for potential disaster, honestly.

He was fine wrestling in TNA, he'll be fine wrestling in WWE.

Besides, it's better for everyone that Kurt is wresting and not drunk tweeting or drunk tweeting while driving.

The Rock voicing Pikachu......................

just when I thought I had heard it all............

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

The Rock voicing Pikachu......................

just when I thought I had heard it all............

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

That Hashtag Show has no credibility since nobody else reported Cena as Shazam.

He was fine wrestling in TNA, he'll be fine wrestling in WWE.

Besides, it's better for everyone that Kurt is wresting and not drunk tweeting or drunk tweeting while driving.

Kurt Angle has been the GM on RAW since April, and his big return is a TLC match on three days notice. You don't see why that's a big deal? Its not like he has six weeks to train and get prepared and ready for it, its this Sunday.

Going to an NXT house show tomorrow, dressing up like Hollywood Hogan, brother.

AJ Styles is a better choice? Nah, I wanted to see the train wreck which was to be Sister Abigail.

True but now we get the 1st 2 Bullet Club Leaders against each other.

Karl Anderson was the second leader of Bullet Club. AJ Styles was only the leader in the US because he appeared for ROH on a regular basis while Anderson only did so occasionally. In NJPW it was a direct line from Devitt to Anderson to Omega.

Kurt Angle has been the GM on RAW since April, and his big return is a TLC match on three days notice. You don't see why that's a big deal? Its not like he has six weeks to train and get prepared and ready for it, its this Sunday.

he wrestled the weekend before the HOF against Cody at an indie show here in CT

Kurt will be fine

I've got to hand to Vince, he's doing the absolute best he can to save this show after unfortunate circumstances arose, and he's looking out for his performers too.

Styles vs. Balor is must see. That's a mania main event in my eyes.

The WWE doesn't do their storylines well anyways, so I have no issues with Styles vs. Balor on short notice. The feud with Wyatt has been stupid, and we all expect that Bray would have come out wearing a dress anyways.

The WWE doesn't do their storylines well anyways, so I have no issues with Styles vs. Balor on short notice. The feud with Wyatt has been stupid, and we all expect that Bray would have come out wearing a dress anyways.

Truth

This news broke right when Brian Zane of Wrestling with Wregret was beginning his WWE 2K18 Live Stream. It's also such a big news that it forced Larson of Steve and Larson to show up at Steve's house on a Friday (and he usually does not show up on Friday). Larson says he was about to upload their predictions video to YouTube and then this news broke.

Angle was probably doing some wrestling training during the other 6 days of the week in Pittsburgh in case he was needed.

I've got to hand to Vince, he's doing the absolute best he can to save this show after unfortunate circumstances arose, and he's looking out for his performers too.

Only an illness can stop Roman.

This wasn't my idea but, what if Angle goes full 1999-2000 Angle and tries to fit in with the Shield by wearing their gear and doing the fist? Dean and Seth could be reluctant the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"