A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Every participant got injured or something?

Tino Sabatelli.....injured
Baron Corbin......sucks
Apollo Crews.......misused
Aliyah........jobber in NXT, will never get called up to the main roster.

ROH has already sold over 9,000 tickets to the MSG show in April, and so far the seats are only on sale to Honor Club subscribers.

This tells us two things:
1. They're going to sell this thing out rather easily when tickets go on sale to the general public
2. Enough Honor Club members bought tickets on the first day to fill more than half the arena. That should give you a ballpark figure on how many Honor Club members there are. You've got to figure the number willing to travel to New York and pay for tickets to the show on day one represent a pretty small portion of the subscriber base. I'm a subscriber and I'm not even considering flying out for the show, as much as I'd like to.

ROH has already sold over 9,000 tickets to the MSG show in April, and so far the seats are only on sale to Honor Club subscribers.

1. They're going to sell this thing out rather easily when tickets go on sale to the general public
2. Enough Honor Club members bought tickets on the first day to fill more than half the arena. That should give you a ballpark figure on how many Honor Club members there are. You've got to figure the number willing to travel to New York and pay for tickets to the show on day one represent a pretty small portion of the subscriber base. I'm a subscriber and I'm not even considering flying out for the show, as much as I'd like to.
Not anywhere near as many WWE Network subscribers.

Ugh, triple threat match announced on NXT between Gargano/Black and Ciampa only to find out on the internet that Black's injury is going to keep him out of it. Ugh. That match would have been great. I feel so sorry for Black. He never got to main event Takeover :(

Mae Young Classic Announce Team: Michael Cole, Renee Young and Beth Phoenix, which probably means that sadly, we won't see Beth compete at Evolution, but she was very good in the Mixed Match Challenge.

[YT]2yacnc0SUwI[/YT]

It was good to see William Regal back on NXT again after been missing due to health issues.

dr. Evil said:
tino sabatelli.....injured
baron corbin......sucks
apollo crews.......misused
aliyah........jobber in nxt, will never get called up to the main roster.

damn

Thoughts on this week's NXT

Taynara Conti having a grime theme is kind of random. Then again the only three things I know about Conti is that she is Brazilian, a Judo blackbelt and went to school with soccer/football star Philippe Coutinho.

A rare NXT Tv Axel Deieter Jr appearance. His NXT theme should of been something Street Fighter sounding. He is bald Ryu.

The Dream/EC3 segment certainly felt like something Borash came up with.

I just realized 4 out 5 WWE shows have English GM now.

Smackdown - Paige
205 Live - Drake Marverick
NXT - William Regal
NXT UK - Johnny Saint

Is Ohno's arc going anywhere? I feel like they are either going to turn him heel or give him a shot the North American or NXT title to cap his redemption arc.

Nein!

Marcel Bartel got a good showing. He looks like a European henchman from a action movie. I'm pretty sure Liam Neeson killed five dudes that looked just like him in Taken.

Amber Nova would give Finn Balor and Karl Anderson a run in the abs department.

Tino Sabatelli.....injured
Baron Corbin......sucks
Apollo Crews.......misused
Aliyah........jobber in NXT, will never get called up to the main roster.

I actually like what they've been doing with Baron Corbin. The dukeey, f**k boy with a vest gimmick works for him.

Thoughts on this week's NXT

Taynara Conti having a grime theme is kind of random. Then again the only three things I know about Conti is that she is Brazilian, a Judo blackbelt and went to school with soccer/football star Philippe Coutinho.

A rare NXT Tv Axel Deieter Jr appearance. His NXT theme should of been something Street Fighter sounding. He is bald Ryu.

The Dream/EC3 segment certainly felt like something Borash came up with.

I just realized 4 out 5 WWE shows have English GM now.

Smackdown - Paige
205 Live - Drake Marverick
NXT - William Regal
NXT UK - Johnny Saint

Is Ohno's arc going anywhere? I feel like they are either going to turn him heel or give him a shot the North American or NXT title to cap his redemption arc.

Nein!

Marcel Bartel got a good showing. He looks like a European henchman from a action movie. I'm pretty sure Liam Neeson killed five dudes that looked just like him in Taken.

Amber Nova would give Finn Balor and Karl Anderson a run in the abs department.

There wasn't much in the way of Undisputed Era, which is sad.

Axel Dieter Jr. is Marcel Barthel. The Ryu looking Brazilian is Adrian Jaoude.

LOL and now Colt Cabana is suing CM Punk. What a crazy world.

I am rooting for Kaitlyn in the Mae Young Classic, because I had always liked her when she was in the WWE originally. I hope it leads to another run in the WWE for her.

As for Evolution I hope that there are a few surprises. We already know that Trish Stratus, Lita and Beth Phoenix will be there. Alundra Blayze will likely be there as well and probably Molly Holly, Ivory and Jacqueline too. The Bellas will likely be there. I would not rule out Michelle McCool, Eve Torres and Kelly Kelly being their either. The two women I want to see return the most are Melina and Victoria. Melina is a 5 time champion and I think enough time has passed for her to return to the WWE.

And schmucks like Kevin Nash say there is no competition anymore. Maybe there isn't serious competition to WWE like in the days of the Monday Night Wars, but there are serious alternatives now.

And if more folks dissastified with WWE would stop watching, cancel WWE Network, and tune into things like NJPW, wrestling would be in an even better place.

I am rooting for Kaitlyn in the Mae Young Classic, because I had always liked her when she was in the WWE originally. I hope it leads to another run in the WWE for her.

As for Evolution I hope that there are a few surprises. We already know that Trish Stratus, Lita and Beth Phoenix will be there. Alundra Blayze will likely be there as well and probably Molly Holly, Ivory and Jacqueline too. The Bellas will likely be there. I would not rule out Michelle McCool, Eve Torres and Kelly Kelly being their either. The two women I want to see return the most are Melina and Victoria. Melina is a 5 time champion and I think enough time has passed for her to return to the WWE.

I'm rooting for Rhea Ripley.

LOL and now Colt Cabana is suing CM Punk. What a crazy world.

Indeed.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported on Thursday that Scott “Colt Cabana” Colton has filed a lawsuit against former WWE Champion Phil “CM Punk” Brooks in Cook County Circuit Court in Illinois.

The reason for the lawsuit is due to Cabana alleging unpaid legal fees and breach of contract stemming from the lawsuit that WWE physician Doctor Chris Amann filed against them due to comments Punk made on Cabana’s Art of Wrestling podcast.

According to the report, Cabana is claiming that Punk told him his legal bills would be covered by Punk in a text message but once Cabana was left legal bills totaling $513,736, Punk asked Cabana to pay half the bill, which $256,868. This is when Punk told him he was on his own and had to pay the bill himself, which makes Cabana believe that “Brooks acted with fraud, malice, and oppression toward Colton, with the deliberate intention of causing Colton harm.”

In terms of what Cabana wants, he is asking for $1 Million in punitive and exemplary damages and $200,000 in general damages.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/colt-cabana-cm-punk-contract-legal-fees-lawsuit

This validates Corey Graves. Punk is the worst friend ever.

It seems this has been brewing a while. But when the Amann lawsuit found them Not Guilty, it seemed everything was cool between the two.

9r8Cnhe.jpg

Last edited:
Catching up on NXT, and I know that match was meant more to show off Keith Lee, but I really liked what I saw in his opponent Marcel Barthel.

First match for WWE Evolution:

Toni Storm vs. Io Shirai in the finals of the Mae Young Classic.

Punk's always been paranoid and willing to drop anyone he ever considered a friend at the drop of a hat if he feels they have wronged him in some way or aren't 100% loyal to him.
So basically like most of the top stars in wrestling history ;)

Just saying.

A lot of guys we worship have done ****** things to a lot of people over the years. Of varying degrees.

When you deal with garbage like this, you'd probably be more than little bit paranoid too.

[YT]SbCQWv-W2JE[/YT]

Think about this. When Punk was in OVW, someone in the WWE was asking Heyman to personally fire Punk, and Heyman refused.

Think about that. Some nameless dude in the head office wanted Punk fired. Punk fired and that whole 2011-2012 run never happens. They sent memos to Heyman to fire Punk.

Last edited:
Punk's always been paranoid and willing to drop anyone he ever considered a friend at the drop of a hat if he feels they have wronged him in some way or aren't 100% loyal to him.

Seems that way, i cant imagine Punk being easy to be around.

It makes Punk look so awful at the moment.
If this is because of the whole "Cabana was at NXT backstage last year" thing, then even more so.

He was going through all that with Cabana at his side, knowing what it costs cabana and that he wont be able to pay that much money...yet he gone through with it? What kind fo person does that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"