The Wrestling Thread Missess Owen Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Ambrose basically being the next Edge. A tall, thinner wrestler without an amazing moveset, but with a diverse enough working style and mastery of ring psychology to be able to work with both larger and smaller opponents.

Roman Reigns is the prototypical "WWE guy," but as with most big men, we have to see whether he can connect with fans, as either face or heel, when he is outside of the Shield.

Seth Rollins is a good wrestler, but I don't really see him going higher than upper midcard. Nothing wrong with that, but I just don't see him as a main event kind of guy.

Seth has the steepest ladder to climb out of that group , but I think he'll surprise us.

Does anyone know if the ratings for Raw have changed at all since Punk left?

I can see Ambrose basically being the next Edge. A tall, thinner wrestler without an amazing moveset, but with a diverse enough working style and mastery of ring psychology to be able to work with both larger and smaller opponents.

Roman Reigns is the prototypical "WWE guy," but as with most big men, we have to see whether he can connect with fans, as either face or heel, when he is outside of the Shield.

Seth Rollins is a good wrestler, but I don't really see him going higher than upper midcard. Nothing wrong with that, but I just don't see him as a main event kind of guy.

You've pretty much hit the nail on head with all of these, but I'm with bullets. I think Seth will surprise us all.

Seth has the steepest ladder to climb out of that group , but I think he'll surprise us.

Agreed. He'll have to go the Punk, Bryan, Ziggler route, imo. But I believe he can and will do it.

so let me get this right cena wins....ok i expected that

but cena take the biggest beating ryback can dish out, wins by the skin of his teeth and still refuses medical attention and walks away under his own power

yeah vinney because thats really gonna build up your monster heels cred

Cena didn't win, and he didn't walk away under his own power. The match was a no contest, and Cena got taken off on a stretcher. Ryback was the one who walked away on his own feet, albeit with help.

I know I am going to get blasted for this, but I still just can't buy anyone in the Shield as a legit main event solo act. I already have my problems watching them go over Team Hell No and Undertaker as a team, but I buy them more as a group than as individuals. Maybe one of them will do something to prove me wrong, but I have no desire to see any of them in the WWE (or even World Heavyweight) title picture.

I agree.

Outside of being booked to go over Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Ryback, and Undertaker, I see nothing really impressive from any of them. They are okay. But they don't stand out in any significant way to me.

The Shield is a perfect example of how booking doesn't get a person over, the person gets the person over. They've been booked perfectly and yet... I still don't care one bit about them.

Cena didn't win, and he didn't walk away under his own power. The match was a no contest, and Cena got taken off on a stretcher. Ryback was the one who walked away on his own feet, albeit with help.

wrong. as i said earlier it may be a no contest but cena comes out on top so its a win for him, he keeps the belt its a win for the champ thats what matters in title matches who has the belt in the end not how they got it. a no contest just simply means the creative were too chicken to actually make a decesion and have cena go over ryback normally like they wanted

and cena did walk away under his own power. he was placed on the strecher but wwe.com posted an article straight after the match showing him refusing medical and walking away

http://www.wwe.com/videos/john-cena...ospital-wwecom-exclusive-may-19-2013-26116263

undoing any impact the match had or what little was left of ryback's credibility

Last edited:
Count me in the minority around here that actually liked the finish to the Cena/Ryback match. Considering it was two performers I am somewhat ambivalent about, I think it was a well-planned resolution to the match.

I can see Ambrose being another Edge potentially but I see Seth Rollins being the next Jeff Hardy or CM Punk and Roman Reigns being the next Batista type.

All three of them have entertained me but Ambrose is really showing a load of potential. I like that he adds his eccentric mannerisms to this shtick because it only makes since that the leader has a few screws loose.

Cena Vs. Ryback reminded me of Cena Vs. Kane from Royal Rumble 2012. That match ended in a double count out, but Kane gave Cena a beatdown before finishing him off with a Chokeslam. He showed everybody that he won the match without officially doing so.

Well I thought Cena vs Ryback was really good, they threw everything at each other and neither man could keep the other down and the finish looked great even if it was a bit of a riff on the Taker/Batista LMS match. Usually I'd be against a gimmick match as the first match between two guys but the stip afforded them the logical finish.

Ambrose vs Kofi was a good mid-card match, nice contrast of styles and a good finish with the right winner.

Reigns/Rollins vs Team Hell No was the second best match of the night for me, lots of great back and forth action, The Shield broke out a cool tag team finisher and the right team won.

Fandango vs Jericho and Show vs Orton were decent matches.

Sheamus vs Henry was a big let down, I expected it to be much more physical and the finish actually shouldn't have counted as Sheamus broke the sequence.

Del Rio vs Swagger was a decent enough match but neither are over and the instant replay finish was one of the stupidest things WWE has ever done given that all their heels win 99% of their matches by cheating.

Brock and Heyman had a great match with the cage, Brock sold the leg like it was broken, Heyman panicked like hell, Brock sold some more, Paul begged for mercy, Brock bumped and did the only interesting things in the match, then on one leg BUT with the aid of his manager Brock finally felled the might schnoz who couldn't even manage a clean job.

Funniest thing was that he did the same thing he did at Summerslam, sticking around post match like a turd morsel clinging to a poorly wiped ass cheek just waiting for the love......he got a polite clap when he finally left and WWE played his music to cover the lack of chanting.

watching extreme rules...... tell me i didn't just hear king say cena's fall was more horrific than any of mick foley's falls :/

HeymanHustle Teases New "Paul Heyman Guy" To Be Revealed

-- Both WWE.com & HeymanHustle.com are teasing that after Brock Lesnar's victory over Triple H last night at Extreme Rules, Paul Heyman will make history once again.

A teaser posted at HeymanHustle.com reads: "WWE is about to get a little more EXTREME! Our boss, the Hustler De Tuti Huslters Paul Heyman is keeping quiet on this for the moment, but it appears as though we're about to be introduced to Brock Lesnar and CM Punk's new stablemate!"

I feel the complete opposite. I've never felt so sure about a group of guys as I have these three in a long time. Ambrose especially.

I agree. I haven't gotten good vibes about the potential of newcomers since first seeing CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler.

Am I saying they should be world champions before the year is over? Absolutely not.

Reigns is green, he has a lot of development to make, but his future is bright. He reminds me of Batista, but he could be a little further along than
Big Dave.

Rollins needs to showcase himself more. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does when Shield ends. He appears to have developed since seeing him in ROH when he was a moveset junkie guy. He's really into his character.

Ambrose is the biggest surprise to me, because I wasn't really a fan of his during his time in the indies. I saw him in DGUSA a couple of times and wasn't impressed. Now, his psychology is stronger, he works his character into his matches.

I agree.

Outside of being booked to go over Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Ryback, and Undertaker, I see nothing really impressive from any of them. They are okay. But they don't stand out in any significant way to me.

The Shield is a perfect example of how booking doesn't get a person over, the person gets the person over. They've been booked perfectly and yet... I still don't care one bit about them.

The analogy to me doesn't fit. The Shield is the perfect example of what happens when good booking is given to talented guys. They're revered as a force because the company is keeping them that way. They've been undefeated as a group for several months. And they're able to produce solid matches. The two together are what's driving their current push.

Dolph Ziggler is an example of the person getting himself over, because he's been given crap storyline or put in matches where he looks like a chump, and the crowd continues respond and cheer for him because of his sheer talent.

-- Both WWE.com & HeymanHustle.com are teasing that after Brock Lesnar's victory over Triple H last night at Extreme Rules, Paul Heyman will make history once again.

A teaser posted at HeymanHustle.com reads: "WWE is about to get a little more EXTREME! Our boss, the Hustler De Tuti Huslters Paul Heyman is keeping quiet on this for the moment, but it appears as though we're about to be introduced to Brock Lesnar and CM Punk's new stablemate!"

Please be Cesaro

I agree. I haven't gotten good vibes about the potential of newcomers since first seeing CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler.

Am I saying they should be world champions before the year is over? Absolutely not.

Reigns is green, he has a lot of development to make, but his future is bright. He reminds me of Batista, but he could be a little further along than
Big Dave.

Rollins needs to showcase himself more. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does when Shield ends. He appears to have developed since seeing him in ROH when he was a moveset junkie guy. He's really into his character.

Ambrose is the biggest surprise to me, because I wasn't really a fan of his during his time in the indies. I saw him in DGUSA a couple of times and wasn't impressed. Now, his psychology is stronger, he works his character into his matches.

Agree with all of this. :up:

@Sage, dropping the knowledge. :bow:

The bolded made me giggle. :D Cesaro is by far the obvious choice to me, but if it's someone from NXT I could see it being Ohno or maybe even Connor O'Brien.

My one worry is the use of the word EXTREME! I pray it is not RVD.

Rumors are saying RVD could be the Heyman guy...I'm not thrilled with this if true.

Needs to be Cesaro.

If it's Chris Hero, oh man that would be so awesome. Maybe it won't be a "Paul Heyman guy", but "Paul Heyman guys". Maybe Hero AND Cesaro? Yeah, I think most of you know where I'm going with this...

Thought I'd bring these awesome pics over from the old thread. :D

If it's Chris Hero, oh man that would be so awesome. Maybe it won't be a "Paul Heyman guy", but "Paul Heyman guys". Maybe Hero AND Cesaro? Yeah, I think most of you know where I'm going with this...
Im hoping its either Ohno, Corey Graves or have Paige as the resident "Heyman girl" for the stable.

I'd be a bit disappointed if its RVD on a part timer contract but if its a Jericho like deal and he's fodder for setting up a program for Punk's return then I wouldn't be TOO irritated.

If RVD shows up to Raw tonight for anything more than a one off appearance, that means that he passed a drug test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"