The Wrestling Thread Mustache You a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an easy one: not enough viable opponents for Punk. If Punk were still champ, we'd be looking at Punk vs. Cena (again), Punk vs. Trips (again) or Punk vs. Orton (zzzzzz). At least Punk trying to end the streak is something different.

Well let's look at those options:

Cena vs Punk: A great rivalry that has never been done at Wrestlemania.

Punk vs Trips: CM Punk goes after the man who beat him two years ago, and wants to avenge his loss.

Punk vs Orton: Snoozefest, I agree with.

Or Punk vs Taker, Title vs Streak.

Outside of the Orton one, the rest are all good options.

On the fans chanting "You suck" at Punk last night, they did directly after he interrupted the Bearer tribute, but just under 3 hours later the same fans chanted his name during the match with Kane. Any heat Punk gets is fleeting and he has to keep getting again each week no matter what he does.

- Vince McMahon was reportedly a lot more hands-on with producing and scripting last night's RAW from Indianapolis. This was the first week since Eric Pankowski's departure and it's said that he wasn't missed last night and it was like he was never there.

What likely led to Pankowski's departure was having CM Punk, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show compete in the Fatal 4 Way two weeks ago to earn the right to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29.

Everyone felt that the Fatal 4 Way was a bad idea. People told Pankowski it was a bad idea but he blew them off and went with it. No word yet why Vince McMahon approved it for TV.

While I didn't think it was a very creative idea it does seem like this guy took the fall for Vince not telling him no and instead using his poor idea and then blaming him when everyone said it was a weak one post-Raw.
- It was reported earlier today that WWE officials are considering a MMA-style fight for the Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania 29 in just a few weeks.

F4Wonline.com reports that the match will not be held under MMA rules.
This makes sense from the perspective that Brock and Heyman will surely pick something that is in Brock's wheelhouse, Hell in a Cell is Triple H's match as he has been in more than any, so it makes no sense to pick that if you are a heel. Of course the idea of Triple H beating Brock in an MMA themed fight is.........:lmao:

What a stupidly indytastic move. And an indystastic crash and burn.

I like King, always have, but that was just idiotic to attempt.

Yeah he's a good athlete but he needs someone to help him learn how to use his gifts in a better structured match, like AJ and Daniels learned to do.

Well let's look at those options:

Cena vs Punk: A great rivalry that has never been done at Wrestlemania.

Punk vs Trips: CM Punk goes after the man who beat him two years ago, and wants to avenge his loss.

Punk vs Orton: Snoozefest, I agree with.

Or Punk vs Taker, Title vs Streak.

Outside of the Orton one, the rest are all good options.

Cena vs Punk, part 1,038? Sorry, oft-seen retreads won't sell Mania, at least not until enough time has passed to make it seem different.

Punk vs. the broken down Nose of Noses? Nope, Trips should never be in a ME again--ever.

Title vs. Streak? Not bad, but all the eggs are in a single basket and there would be no drama unless Taker allowed himself to be booked on post-WM shows.

On the fans chanting "You suck" at Punk last night, they did directly after he interrupted the Bearer tribute, but just under 3 hours later the same fans chanted his name during the match with Kane. Any heat Punk gets is fleeting and he has to keep getting again each week no matter what he does.

Yeah, fans simply don't want to boo him. If the rumors are true that he's turning babyface, showing respect to Taker, win or lose, after their match will go a long way towards accomplishing that.

Cena vs Punk, part 1,038? Sorry, oft-seen retreads won't sell Mania, at least not until enough time has passed to make it seem different.

Punk vs. the broken down Nose of Noses? Nope, Trips should never be in a ME again--ever.

Title vs. Streak? Not bad, but all the eggs are in a single basket and there would be no drama unless Taker allowed himself to be booked on post-WM shows.

- They could've held off on their RAW match and build towards Wrestlemania, with Cena facing his archnemesis one more time.

- There's only one instance when Triple H should be in the main-event, and that's when he's putting over talent. That would be the case here. There's history between the two that hasn't been resolved. And while Triple H is broken down, I'm sure Punk/Triple H would be a solid match. Their previous No Holds Barred match was a good one.

- Or Taker could lose.

- They could've held off on their RAW match and build towards Wrestlemania, with Cena facing his archnemesis one more time.

- There's only one instance when Triple H should be in the main-event, and that's when he's putting over talent. That would be the case here. There's history between the two that hasn't been resolved. And while Triple H is broken down, I'm sure Punk/Triple H would be a solid match. Their previous No Holds Barred match was a good one.

- Or Taker could lose.

WWE can do Cena-Punk, title unification, next year at WM. Even without the encounter 2 weeks ago, it's just too soon for Punk-Cena again. That's been a modern version of Dusty vs Flair. Punk has beaten Cena so many times to the last 18 months, I don't see how another victory would help all that much.

I still think there is a distinct possibility that Punk ends the streak. If so, that's bigger than even a WWE title defense. Then again, I thought WWE was going to use Taker to elevate Punk in '09 and it didn't happen, so only time will tell.

This is the wrong Team Rhodes Scholars title!!!!1 :cmad:

tumblr_mjjfqcqY701qhi74ko8_250.gif

tumblr_mjgj3bHxtu1rqn3nqo1_400.gif

Yeah, fans simply don't want to boo him. If the rumors are true that he's turning babyface, showing respect to Taker, win or lose, after their match will go a long way towards accomplishing that.

A handshake with Taker post-match is about the best Punk can hope for out of that, and it segue's easily into Heyman being mad at him the next night on Raw for showing weakness, and when he grabs Paul the music hits and Brock puts him on the shelf.

Looks like AJ has been wrestling on house shows.

Booker T announced on WWE Smackdown that Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Ryback will face The Shield at Wrestlemania 29. It should be noted that The Big Show was trying to be the man chosen by Sheamus and Orton, but they chose Ryback.

Later on in the night, Ryback was brutally attacked by The Shield. Mark Henry would hit 3 World's Strongest Slams on Ryback, leaving him laying in the ring. Do not be surprised if this match that was made "official" changes once again next week.

Interesting bit of news from the SD tapings.

Greaaaaat Ryback is probably finally beating The Shield at WrestleMania, Punk is losing to Taker, and squeaky clean Cena is winning the title

Vince McMahon: "Suck it AntMan".

Greaaaaat Ryback is probably finally beating The Shield at WrestleMania, Punk is losing to Taker, and squeaky clean Cena is winning the title

Vince McMahon: "Suck it AntMan".

Ryback is not fighting the shield at mania, as somebody posted it's going to be him vs henry with Show being put into Orton's team

^ I do.

62697_4748785645475_1994510310_n.jpg

Got my first wrestling belt finally after 26 years!

Out of all the championship titles in wrestling history..Your first replica purchase..Was that?

Isn't that the guy who peed on Taker's grave and would make funny raps about his opponents? He was so popular, I wonder whatever happened to him?

He became a goody too shoes corporate babyface company poster golden boy!..:(

Ryback is not fighting the shield at mania, as somebody posted it's going to be him vs henry with Show being put into Orton's team

That's not what the spoilers for SD on PWInsider say.

Out of all the championship titles in wrestling history..Your first replica purchase..Was that?

Well, I wanted to get the Winged Eagle belt originally, but I didn't have $400 to fork over for it.

Isn't that the guy who peed on Taker's grave and would make funny raps about his opponents? He was so popular, I wonder whatever happened to him?

He sold out to Vince McMahon and became his new Corporate Champion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"